[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Superfuzz
Sorry for the rant, but you choose to ignore the evidence that I and others posted and minimize them as some sort of whining...

And I won't be unhappy, it's still a great work and, although not mine, me and, I bet, the developers will not be completely satisfied because it won't be as good as it can be.

You are using beta software, you made your point clear, now please stop. Your last posts are nothing more than just whining.

Guest Fou-lu

damn giffgaff internet loss, thought CM7 broke it and restored an old backup of 2.2, bad day have too flash and download CM all over again, any major difference between RC4-N35?

Guest mELIANTE
You are using beta software, you made your point clear, now please stop. Your last posts are nothing more than just whining.

I've stopped, why did you bring it back?

My last post will apply to you too :D

Guest Superfuzz
I've stopped, why did you bring it back?

My last post will apply to you too :D

Because I just read all the last pages and they were full of useless repeating posts.

See, you made me do it again.

Guest mELIANTE
Because I just read all the last pages and they were full of useless repeating posts.

See, you made me do it again.

Let's leave at that then.

Whoever feels that the battery is worst than it should be, post your experience here.

Those who are happy, or feel that it's the same as always, steer away from the subject and no more rants will be necessary.

Guest targetbsp

Whoever feels that the battery is worst than it should be, post your experience here.

Those who are happy, or feel that it's the same as always, steer away from the subject and no more rants will be necessary.

Put RC4 on, make a log and create an issue on the bug tracker. There's no need to discuss it further here at all. :D

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

Rants are NEVER necessary, and excessive use of badwords doesn't solve a single of your,

mine , or someone elses problem. Nor will any compaint HERE at all.

Anyway, things are moving along:

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

Guest hugobosslives
I'm on rc4 at the moment.

And it kept on saying blank or unfoemmated card. So I format it,and it didn't help, and just asked again. I tired rebooting and trying again, I even tried to mount in clockwork, but lit wouldn't. Somehow its stabler now... the SD is working again. Anyway, ill try n35 now. I'm on a Kingston 8gb class r, which I be never had problems wit.h before.

wait, im kinda confused as to what your saying here....

are you saying with different nightlies your microsd card works on some and not others?

Anyway, things are moving along:

i thought you meant there was a new nightly then......

:D

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest Fou-lu

seeing as though there isn't a mass complaint about this issue, 2-4 guys? moaning, compared too 100+ people flashing CM, it isn't a bug, drains from 100-60% are ALWAYS fast even on 2.2..

Guest JayGB1982

Anyone else flashed the latest experimental kernel?

I did a couple hours ago and Launcher pro flies now in the app drawer.. Although this could be because I cleared both cache's

I'll be testing GPS shortly and provide an update if the bug still exists on RC4 with the new Kernel

Guest Totyasrác
seeing as though there isn't a mass complaint about this issue, 2-4 guys? moaning, compared too 100+ people flashing CM, it isn't a bug, drains from 100-60% are ALWAYS fast even on 2.2..

It is definitely not the same drainage as on any Froyo ROMs. Anyways, I believe issue #3175 is connected to the same symptoms (so no use of opening a new thread which finally would be migrated into this one). Anyone wishing this to be cured please take a note at the issue tracker.

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest domdom43
Anyone else flashed the latest experimental kernel?

I did a couple hours ago and Launcher pro flies now in the app drawer.. Although this could be because I cleared both cache's

I'll be testing GPS shortly and provide an update if the bug still exists on RC4 with the new Kernel

are accelerometers still crazy with the new experimental kernel?

Guest supermies123

I had a program freeze or something in N34 (not sure if N35 has this issue). I don't remember which program it was but I think it might have been Facebook for Android or Nimbuzz or eBuddy. When I pressed Home button the program closed but there was no icons in the home screen and everything was stuck. After reboot it worked.

Also had some trouble with GPS.

Edited by supermies123

Guest keencyclist

I am on RC4, the back button on my San Francisco is always lit green? I dont have any messages and its not plugged in. Has anyone else noticed this or have a solution for it. Cheers.

Guest simonckenyon
I still had the GPS issue after a wipe and the first thing I did after flash was to use maps with GPS, it shut down shortly after. Since yesterday I have been testing a kernel where TomG hardcoded the battery temperature reading to 10C, because its known that temperature reading goes nuts while the phone sleeps. Havent been able to reproduce the bug since then so hopefully the problem is identified. :D

couple of data points

i was in the uk today and i turned off data (didn't want email as i could do nothing about it)

anyway, the battery temperature when i had the phone in sleep was bumping along at 64 degrees

if indeed the phone shots down it it hits 68? then this is uncomfortably close

the other point was that without data my phone said the battery would last about 9 days

so data does have a pretty dramatic effect on battery life

the temperature thing is what interest me most

especially since tomg is fiddling with that

the phone did not seem hot. is it possible that the calculations are incorrect?

Guest Poodha

Two questions.

1. How the heck do you change the alarm signal? Isn't it possible in the supplied alarm app? I usually just put my custom alarm signal in a folder named "Alarms" and then chose it in the alarm app.

2. This is a thing that I actually wondered since RC1 but never looked up. What happened to the task manager from 2.2? Is there any easy way to kill apps in CM7 like you could in task manager? Not bringing up the whole task killer debate, but my phone sometimes gets bogged down and it speeds up if you kill everything.

Guest Frankish
Two questions.

1. How the heck do you change the alarm signal? Isn't it possible in the supplied alarm app? I usually just put my custom alarm signal in a folder named "Alarms" and then chose it in the alarm app.

2. This is a thing that I actually wondered since RC1 but never looked up. What happened to the task manager from 2.2? Is there any easy way to kill apps in CM7 like you could in task manager? Not bringing up the whole task killer debate, but my phone sometimes gets bogged down and it speeds up if you kill everything.

1. Yes it is. Just like normal. Although don't try with phone on silent/vibrate. :D

2. Yeah it's under menu, settings, applications.

Guest pressplay99

can i use that rom now as day-to-day rom? are there any significant problems i need to know? bug tracker looks good to me ;-)

Guest Frankish
can i use that rom now as day-to-day rom? are there any significant problems i need to know? bug tracker looks good to me ;-)

I think you answered your own question there.

Look at known bugs, decide weather they will affect your day to day use. Flash or not?

Guest Amphoras
couple of data points

i was in the uk today and i turned off data (didn't want email as i could do nothing about it)

anyway, the battery temperature when i had the phone in sleep was bumping along at 64 degrees

if indeed the phone shots down it it hits 68? then this is uncomfortably close

the other point was that without data my phone said the battery would last about 9 days

so data does have a pretty dramatic effect on battery life

the temperature thing is what interest me most

especially since tomg is fiddling with that

the phone did not seem hot. is it possible that the calculations are incorrect?

Don't know if its got anything to do with it or not, but I'm not having the GPS problem, and I've never seen my battery temperature above 42 degrees Celsius. That was only after playing Angry Birds for a while during charging. Any other time I check the temperature after sleeping its between 21 and 35, usually about 26-29. I have the min clock speed set to 122MHz, dunno if that has any effect on it or not.

Guest Poodha
1. Yes it is. Just like normal. Although don't try with phone on silent/vibrate. B)

2. Yeah it's under menu, settings, applications.

I don't want to be difficult. :D

But

1. Where? I looked in the regular settings menu under "Sound" but can't find any settings for alarm. Same thing under "Sound" in Cyanogen settings. And I can't find it in the alarm app (Clock) either.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the setting now. You have to make a new alarm to be able to chose the ring tone.

2. I already found the app manager(really like the new UI), and even though it's imho better than the old one, it misses the feature to "Kill all". Or did I completely miss that feature in the new version?

And while we're talking about the app manager, why does the amount of RAM-memory under running apps differ from the amount of RAM memory OS Monitor reports? AtomaRSS for example. It only uses round 7MB according to the inbuilt app manager(Running), while OS monitor says it uses 30MB?

Edited by Poodha

Guest Frankish
I don't want to be difficult. :D

But

1. Where? I looked in the regular settings menu under "Sound" but can't find any settings for alarm. Same thing under "Sound" in Cyanogen settings. And I can't find it in the alarm app (Clock) either.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the setting now. You have to make a new alarm to be able to chose the ring tone.

2. I already found the app manager(really like the new UI), and even though it's imho better than the old one, it misses the feature to "Kill all". Or did I completely miss that feature in the new version?

And while we're talking about the app manager, why does the amount of RAM-memory under running apps differ from the amount of RAM memory OS Monitor reports? AtomaRSS for example. It only uses round 7MB according to the inbuilt app manager(Running), while OS monitor says it uses 30MB?

1. It's in the alarms app seriously. Just seen your edit...ignore me.

2. Beyond my knowledge. I don't use it.

Edited by Frankish

Guest JayGB1982
are accelerometers still crazy with the new experimental kernel?

Not tested the accelerometer? What should I use? Labrynth?

The GPS shut-reboot has occured twice tonight. This is at stock CPU speeds. I can use GPS for short burts fine...

Any longer than 20 mins produces a GPS re-boot 75% of the time for me.

Anyone else been brave enough to flash the latest kernel?

Edited by JayGB1982

Guest TheDOC1

Mounting sd-ext doesn't work for ext4 partitions, because of the -t ext3 option in /etc/init.d/05mountsd:

$BB mount -o noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1 -t ext3 $SD_EXT_PART $SD_EXT_DIRECTORY;

So either change the partition to ext3 or change the option, otherwise s2e will not work on the current nightly.