[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest tsddave

Yes! Nice! I always use your circle mod on GSF - good work compiling it for CM7. ;)

These can be made yourself at the UOT kitchen website. You can also change colour there.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I have been holding off cm7 becouse the battery life used to be kinda bad.

But this week i decided to switch becous gfs isnt being developed anymore, and i read that cm7 battery life been much approved.

Im now running cm7.1.0 and i havnt had any issues this far.

I have a tip for the people that want to impove thier batterylife even move.

use:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530

it switches your data connection to 2g when the screen has been off for some time, it results in much better battery life.

Guest Gazda Jezda

Does anyone have a clue why Backup / Restore of desktop settings in CM ADW launcher does not work? I try internal CM and market version of ADW launcher and i can confirm that restoring desktop configuration is not working. Also, renaming of desktop shortcut is forgotten after reboot in CM ADW (in market version works). Don't know for others, but in case when you have a lot icons on desktop this really is life saver after full wipe. I'm quite happy with ADW, really so i don't wanna switch launcher and setting it over and over from scratch is kind of ... really annoying :) I know you all knows what i mean ;) I write this because when i use SS5 by kalltkaffe, same market version of ADW was ok and was able to backup / restore ADW and Desktop settings, but in CM this is somehow not working anymore. And let's clear: CM is the best (i use 7.1), but this is really annoying ;)

Edited by Gazda Jezda

Guest targetbsp

I use ADW.EX and I find the successfulness off it's ability to restore previous setups fairly random in any rom. Don't know about renaming shortcuts. I don't have any. Let alone any I've renamed. :)

Guest snowbord

Alright after much fiddling, these are the settings necessary to have auto-brightness working correctly.

I noticed this is a long-standing problem. It is kinda disappointing that it doesn't work 'out of the box' but hey..

Guest Carbonize

Alright after much fiddling, these are the settings necessary to have auto-brightness working correctly.

I noticed this is a long-standing problem. It is kinda disappointing that it doesn't work 'out of the box' but hey..

People keep posting that link but I haven't got the foggiest what I am supposed to do with them figures.

Guest jimwormold

LED notifications work with SMS Popup

You can change the colour used under Cm Settings -> Interface -> Led Notifications. You can set it for various apps and for missed calls. Note that I've not actually tried doing this yet though.

I presume the working notification are on sej's rom rather than the Stable 7.1.0 rom? I'm on the official 7.1.0 ROM and no notifications work. Having trawled through these pages, I think that the fix will be included in a nightly soon. Does anyone know if there is a simple way of being notified when that have been included?

I might just flash sej's rom instead of using the official one as I'm missing the led notifications.

On a different matter, a couple of times after I have rebooted, the phone freezes completely (with the screen on) for minutes, the only fix is to take out the battery? Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this, or how I could track it down?

Thanks,

Jim

Guest targetbsp

People keep posting that link but I haven't got the foggiest what I am supposed to do with them figures.

Settings -> Cm Settings -> Display -> Auto Backlight. Tick 'Use custom' and 'allow light decrease' then hit edit other levels. Set the number of levels (bottom button) to how many rows there are in the spreadsheet, copy in the numbers from the spreadsheet and hit save and apply.

I presume the working notification are on sej's rom rather than the Stable 7.1.0 rom? I'm on the official 7.1.0 ROM and no notifications work. Having trawled through these pages, I think that the fix will be included in a nightly soon. Does anyone know if there is a simple way of being notified when that have been included?

Subscribe to this rss feed: https://github.com/C...ingerbread.atom

Or keep an eye here for things that begin 'blade:' http://cm-nightlies....m/?device=blade

http://android.modac...y/page__st__398

TomG did ask a week or 2 back if users here thought the defaults should be changed to those but he didn't get much feedback from us. :( During the early days they kept trying to find defaults but couldn't find a set that left everyone happy so they pretty much left it up to us to configure ourselves.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ffoxsake

They are brightness ranges that you need to tweak in CyanogenMod Settings:

Menu...Settings...SyanogenMod settings...Display...Automatic Backlight...

- make sure there is a tick in "Use Custom" and "Allow light decrease"

- then click Edit other levels...

- scroll down to "Set number of levels" and change it to 10.

- then for each of the ranges in the other post set the Lower number (the Upper will auto calculate as you add levels) and the desired Screen brightness level

- If you put a value of 255 for Buttons then the hard buttons will be lit as well (use 255 for first 2 levels, 0 for rest)

My own levels are:

Lower-Upper = Screen

0-9 = 20

10-19 = 35

20-49 = 50

50-99 = 70

100-199 = 90

200-499 = 110

500-999 = 140

1000-2999 = 190

3000-4999 = 230

5000-infinity = 255

Enjoy!

Guest muller37

TomG did ask a week or 2 back if users here thought the defaults should be changed to those but he didn't get much feedback from us. :( During the early days they kept trying to find defaults but couldn't find a set that left everyone happy so they pretty much left it up to us to configure ourselves.

These settings are definitely better for me. A much more natural response to lighting conditions. I wouldn't complain if these were defaults. rolleyes.gif

Guest Picazsoo

I don't get it. I have 2 blades and both of them do the same

Upgrade from nightly 210 to stable and the battery doesn't last 1 day (with no use). The phone is not sleeping UNLESS I enable airplane mode. Once it's enabled, phone sleeps (pressing the 3 hard keys don't wake up the screen / spare parts shows low running percentage).

I've tried wiping and formating everything, installing 7.1 without any app (and without gapps) and just enter the sim code. Both phones don't suspend like they should.

solution: revert to nightly 210 or older...

md5sum's are ok, TPT v9

Am I the only one?

i've never had problems before and i do some rom's based on this one for zte racer, all of them have the same problem...

Maybe something to do with this?? http://android.modac...ut-works-on-3g/

Guest ffoxsake

So like this then

post-768489-0-48454700-1318418567_thumb.

Yes, but i don't know why your "Sensor (filtered/ raw)" at the top is showing -1/-1, it should reflect the light levels being sensed!

Guest gruad23

Softbuttons?

After upgrading almost every nightly for weeks and reading this forum a lot I now finally found home at sejs CM7 N220+ - ROM and its amazing. Good battery life, high performance, many features, rock-stable ... but there is one thing I just dont get. Everyone is talking about how cool this Softbuttons are and ... I dont have any clue what people are talking about.

What are softbuttons? Where am I supposed to find them?

A second question that interests me is at which speed you people are running your Blade. Not sure if I should start a seperate thread about that or if its fit here. I'm running at 672MHz and if I get any higher than my device will freeze sooner or later. But looks like many people go up to >800MHz. Is there anything I can do to increase this peak-peformance or is this just depending on my specific hardware. Actually I'm fine with my 672 but some times when playing angry birds while connected to a charger a profile with 800MHz might be cool :)

thnx a lot,

peter

THNX to all people involved in developing the CM7-Rom. Its great and I really appretiate your effort

Guest muller37

Softbuttons?

After upgrading almost every nightly for weeks and reading this forum a lot I now finally found home at sejs CM7 N220+ - ROM and its amazing. Good battery life, high performance, many features, rock-stable ... but there is one thing I just dont get. Everyone is talking about how cool this Softbuttons are and ... I dont have any clue what people are talking about.

A second question that interests me is at which speed you people are running your Blade. Not sure if I should start a seperate thread about that or if its fit here. I'm running at 672MHz and if I get any higher than my device will freeze sooner or later. But looks like many people go up to >800MHz. Is there anything I can do to increase this peak-peformance or is this just depending on my specific hardware. Actually I'm fine with my 672 but some times when playing angry birds while connected to a charger a profile with 800MHz might be cool :)

thnx a lot,

peter

THNX to all people involved in developing the CM7-Rom. Its great and I really appretiate your effort

you need to turn softbuttons on in cyanogenmod settings --> tablet tweaks.

i run stable at 710 with ondemand governor. any more and i start getting re-boots mad.gif

Guest Amphoras

Softbuttons?

thnx a lot,

peter

Max overclock depends on your individual CPU. Some can go higher, others can't. You just need to work out what the max yours can do is and use that.

Guest targetbsp

A second question that interests me is at which speed you people are running your Blade. Not sure if I should start a seperate thread about that or if its fit here. I'm running at 672MHz and if I get any higher than my device will freeze sooner or later. But looks like many people go up to >800MHz. Is there anything I can do to increase this peak-peformance or is this just depending on my specific hardware.

>800 is definately not a speed used by 'many'. In a poll 710 was the modal overclock. And yes, how high it will go is down to your CPU. The only speed they are guaranteed to do is 600mhz. Anything over that is a bonus.

[edit]

Oops! Too slow to reply. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Maybe something to do with this?? http://android.modac...ut-works-on-3g/

True... it looks like this is my problem... I have no idea why before nightly 210 my battery goes from 100 to 0 in 6-7 days and now it only lasts 1 day unless I disable radio network (airplane mode). The radio firmware is the same since I have this blade...

oh well... :(

Guest targetbsp

Whats the improvements in Sej's Build?

They generally include test versions of as yet unmerged updates for the Blade before they reach the nightlies. Currently they are LED notifications whilst the phone sleeps, moving zte blade settings app into the main settings app, defaulting to 16bit transparencies and optional miui style battery gauge. They allow the impatient amongst us to have new toys early. :D

Sej's builds also have his popular optional soft buttons patch.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest snowbord

True... it looks like this is my problem... I have no idea why before nightly 210 my battery goes from 100 to 0 in 6-7 days and now it only lasts 1 day unless I disable radio network (airplane mode). The radio firmware is the same since I have this blade...

oh well... :(

Check your 'background data' and 'automatically sync' settings in 'accounts & sync' settings aren't doing it. Try disabling them for a while to see if it helps. The only other thing I can think of is a weak GSM (3G especially) signal. Are you set on 2G / 3G or 3G only? Play with those settings also.

Edited by snowbord

Guest Per Ã…kesson

WISHLIST: ZTE DIALER FOR CM7

Hi everybody!

I have one reason not to use CM7:

The ZTE Dialer, which displays my contact groups, based on those Google contacts tagged as "My Contacts".

Without the dialer, I only know the apps Go and Youlu, which display contact groups. But they display filtered groups based on ALL my 1000 Google contacts, causing great confusion. I only want the selected (tagged as My contacts) ca 200 contacts from Google to display on the phone, divided in the groups, thus about 10-20 contacts per group, perfect for my daily phone use. And only the ZTE stock dialer does that, as far as I know.

I don't think there is any other solution except for the ZTE stock dialer.

3 days ago the official ZTE 2.3.5 Bin was released. Since yesterday there is a ROM based on it. I will probably try it out. But first I wonder, is there any chance to extract the ZTE dialer from this ROM, in order to install it on CM7 via Clockwork? Or will this break something. It would be really nice to have an optional ZTE dialer for CM. :rolleyes:

Edited by Per Ã…kesson

Check your 'background data' and 'automatically sync' settings in 'accounts & sync' settings aren't doing it. Try disabling them for a while to see if it helps. The only other thing I can think of is a weak GSM (3G especially) signal. Are you set on 2G / 3G or 3G only? Play with those settings also.

My signal is -65dB (full bars) and I only have 2G gsm network (and is set to 2G only). Automatic sync is off (I don't have a data plan, only voice/sms, for data I use wifi, also data over gsm radio is disabled).

I'm not the kind of a newbie on android, I make rom's for some devices based on source code and I work with android devices every day, but really, I'm out of ideas now :/