[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest t0mm13b

Yes youtube app work fine,but it cant play bbci player.

And really its just another little hack to play with.lol

Hint: Skyfire browser app on the market ;)

Hello all! I'm still using one of the Sej selfbuilded nightlies with new kernel, patchset 7 exactly. What's the actual situation of the current nightlies? They're using the new kernel? What are the known bugs? Right now I'm having the annoying GPS reboots and I would like to get rid of them :(

changelog on first page is very hard to understand. most seems irrelevant to Blade. is there a Blade changelog in an easy to understand format for end users anywhere please?

I will stick with 220+ until I see a reason to update. but with that changelog, i probably wont see it when it happens :P

Guest sej7278

changelog on first page is very hard to understand. most seems irrelevant to Blade. is there a Blade changelog in an easy to understand format for end users anywhere please?

I will stick with 220+ until I see a reason to update. but with that changelog, i probably wont see it when it happens :P

if you just want blade changes and not generic cm7/android ones, then look at merged blade patches on gerrit.

look at open patches for what's coming soon - wow those first 3 are taking forever to get signed-off.

if you just want blade changes and not generic cm7/android ones, then look at merged blade patches on gerrit.

look at open patches for what's coming soon - wow those first 3 are taking forever to get signed-off.

thanks sej. only one blade merge this month then?

your 220+ is superb btw, total win B)

edit:

Flash 10.2 works with default browser, but not Dolphin? toggling between window and fullscreen works perfectly.

this was probably last remaining thing Blade couldn't do so pretty amazing.

Edited by Smiff2

Just to let the CM crew know in case anyone missed it.

WE HAVE A WORKING FLASH PLAYER NOW!

And it does work,I have been using it,a little choppy playing youtube in browser,but works none the less

This is not the one thats old news,its a new one,try it

http://android.modac...e-sanfrancisco/

Works flawless with the iplayer app and through the browser, at last stansdad.com on my Blade!

Nice find!

Guest jimwormold

Works flawless with the iplayer app and through the browser, at last stansdad.com on my Blade!

Nice find!

How did you get the iPlayer app? I can't install it via the market (incompatible with the blade) and can't find an up to date apk.

Guest ididmytime

Here you go:

http://www.villainro...42332#post42332

mod version that play on 3G

I can confirm that works with flash 10.2.

For me though, even overclocked, the only way how you can get the video running in full speed is going into the settings and choosing low quality.

I believe it defaults to low using the browser from what I can see in terms of the quality, and would explain why the app was running worse.

Guest dariob74

hello, can i install the 224 by the 179 nightly? i make only dalvik and wipe cache(i wouldn't lose app installed)......can i have a problem for this jump? thanks

ps the problem with the display at the end of call there is still?

sorry for my english

Hey guys ! I installed CM 7.1 stable release yesterday and so far everything seems almost perfect I say almost cos I am losing battery power faster than on stock rom but that could possibly be due to having wifi constantly on. I know perhaps i should set it turn off when screen is off. Is there any other tips you can suggest to save power ? also what is the average best settings for overclocking ie governor and low and high cpu settings. I know the max overclock varies from phone to phone but what governor and settings should i be looking for thats known to be relativly stable ?

Guest jimwormold

I can confirm that works with flash 10.2.

For me though, even overclocked, the only way how you can get the video running in full speed is going into the settings and choosing low quality.

I believe it defaults to low using the browser from what I can see in terms of the quality, and would explain why the app was running worse.

Pah - network error! I'll try again later. Thanks for the link.

Edited by jimwormold

Guest Cyclothunder

What version? It should stay connected in N206 onwards providing you have no power saving apps turning it off. Before N206 it did disconnect itself.

i'm on nightly 221

:-(

Guest TouchyAndalou

I can't install the google apps on Sej's build. I flash the gapps zip in clockwork, it says they're being installed, I reboot and no google apps?

Oh, my partition layout is: 2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data, 0.1mb oem

Edited by TouchyAndalou

I can't install the google apps on Sej's build. I flash the gapps zip in clockwork, it says they're being installed, I reboot and no google apps?

Oh, my partition layout is: 2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data, 0.1mb oem

That is because currently there are no gapps for 2.3.7 ;)

Guest dariob74

I installed ver. 224 but the display does not work properly, when I end my call with the power button, because the end key is not visible, the screen turns on after 5 seconds .... This is a very important issue because if I call customer service and I need the keyboard to type a code I can not because the display is off

Edited by dariob74

Guest TouchyAndalou

That is because currently there are no gapps for 2.3.7 ;)

Oh! Ok, so what's the most recent build I can flash that I can have google apps?

Thanks.

Guest steeperton

I installed ver. 224 but the display does not work properly, when I end my call with the power button, because the end key is not visible, the screen turns on after 5 seconds .... This is a very important issue because if I call customer service and I need the keyboard to type a code I can not because the display is off

Open the ZTE Blade settings app, then "proximity sensor calibration". Don't touch it, or move it, just let it sit on the desk with nothing near it. Then it should work fine...

Hey guys ! I installed CM 7.1 stable release yesterday and so far everything seems almost perfect I say almost cos I am losing battery power faster than on stock rom but that could possibly be due to having wifi constantly on. I know perhaps i should set it turn off when screen is off. Is there any other tips you can suggest to save power ? also what is the average best settings for overclocking ie governor and low and high cpu settings. I know the max overclock varies from phone to phone but what governor and settings should i be looking for thats known to be relativly stable ?

I have the same problem with battery it's just count down even when i don't use it. i've flashed 7.1 and the nightly after and it's the same.

calibrate also with no luck. it's still go down slowly. the wifi eating up the battery even without use.

Edited by mon3em

Guest Carbonize

Oh! Ok, so what's the most recent build I can flash that I can have google apps?

Thanks.

go in to apps and open ROM Manager. Select Download ROM and choose Google Apps. Just tell it to install the latest and yes they will work in 2.3.7 despite what others have said.

Guest Psyloid

Completely wiped everything, even sdcard

installed sej 220+ and gapps

everything is smoothy now, no more annoying static from the speaker at random times

great stuff, i will keep this one for a while

all led notifications work bueno !!!

Guest Kamikaze.

Just to let the CM crew know in case anyone missed it.

WE HAVE A WORKING FLASH PLAYER NOW!

And it does work,I have been using it,a little choppy playing youtube in browser,but works none the less

This is not the one thats old news,its a new one,try it

http://android.modac...e-sanfrancisco/

Old news. Working flawlessly(at least almost, still some sites won't show me the s***) for months now...

Guest daaneel

Hi all,

I've finally converted to CM7, have the stable 7.1.0 running smoothly!

One big problem though: when I try to connect with my pc with USB, my blade reboots every single time... I've tried it on a different pc as well, same result.

Recharging through usb seems to work fine, I own two micro-usb cables, both worked fine on GSF b27, now they both cause my phone to reboot when trying to connect as a mass storage device...

Anyone who has had this problem? Anyone got a sollution?

Thanks for your help!

Daaneel