[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest KACE_231

If I flash n36 over n35, and I dont clear cache or data, will I keep all my installed apps and settings or do I have to do all of this again?

Guest solidchips

I was on SS RLS3, everthing was fine. I installed CM7-N36 on GEN2 blade and windows 7 now unable to recognize my blade.

Tried updating the drivers several times but in vain.

Edited by solidchips

Guest Pirttila

I have a theory about reboot and shutdowns. the battery temperature gets too hot, and the phone will switch itself off, gps etc may use more energy or not closing properly?, or a heat sensor/software give false information?

Guest targetbsp
I have a theory about reboot and shutdowns. the battery temperature gets too hot, and the phone will switch itself off, gps etc may use more energy or not closing properly?, or a heat sensor/software give false information?

That's actually one of the currently prevailing theories in this thread... :D

On the subject of N36 shutdowns, mine did while logging into google for the first time on the first boot. B) Not used the phone since but if others have had shutdowns I'm guessing it's not one of the better builds!

Guest reluctant_traveller
If you look in my signature, you'll find all you need (and even more...)

Awesome; thanks.

:D I like your cool theory bro.

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest targetbsp
On the subject of N36 shutdowns, mine did while logging into google for the first time on the first boot. :D Not used the phone since but if others have had shutdowns I'm guessing it's not one of the better builds!

Second reboot in N36. This one whilst scrolling through rom manager to flash back the previous one.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest mvheuver
Second reboot in N36. This one whilst scrolling through rom manager to flash back the previous one. This is a bad 'un! Avoid. :D

Did you restore anything with Titanium? N36 running very smoothly here, no issues whatsoever so far.

Guest Poodha
Second reboot in N36. This one whilst scrolling through rom manager to flash back the previous one. This is a bad 'un! Avoid. :D

Was N35 that much better? I used it for about two days and had about 5-8 reboots while doing something on the phone. And I wiped everything and didn't restore any aps with previous data. Restored everything from scratch with APKs.

Guest Poodha

Could somebody explain how the indicators(wifi and network signal) in the statusbar should turn green? I thought they would turn from white to green when I either signed in with a google account, turned on "background data" or when the phone was syncing. Cause those are the occasions before when my icons turned green. Now they are white no matter what I do.

I guess it's not the theme, since I had the same result with both the standard theme and Frankish circle battery theme.

Guest targetbsp
Was N35 that much better? I used it for about two days and had about 5-8 reboots while doing something on the phone. And I wiped everything and didn't restore any aps with previous data. Restored everything from scratch with APKs.

I've got no problems with N35. Perhaps sometimes we're just unlucky and get a bad install? I wouldn't have been so fast to condemn N36 except for the fact it has had a kernel change (as a possible culprit) and others have reported reboots. But yet others are saying it's OK so I have removed my advice to avoid it and left the post stating the facts - i've had 2 reboots - people can draw their own conclusions. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Amphoras

I wiped cache, dalvik cache, wiped data then installed N36, DT a2sd, gapps. I rebooted the phone, installed titanium and restored missing apps with data. Every time I try to overclock at all, the phone freezes and reboots. In N35 I could go to 672 without any problems, hadn't tried higher yet. In N36 even going to 652 causes it to freeze and reboot. Trying again with a clean install of just N36 to see if it still happens.

Edit: It reboots on a clean install at 652 as well. Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by Amphoras

Guest Fou-lu

whoa, lucky didn't install N36, all these reboot issues caused by that new kernel? everythings perfecto on N35, like N25 was, and like N45 will be :D

Guest The Soup Thief
i have "Battery Monitor Widget" running which records the information and displays it as a graph. it also shows the battery details.

the temperature spiked (64) when in airplane mode and asleep.

Over the past 2 hours of sleeping in flight mode (on N36) my phone's temperature has barely changed - high of 27, low of 23 degrees

Still no reboots

Will switch maps on for a while and see if gps does anything catastrophic to the temperature (GPS seemed to be associated with one shutdown many nightlies ago, but has worked without problems many times since)

Guest JobSup
In N36 even going to 652 causes it to freeze and reboot. Trying again with a clean install of just N36 to see if it still happens.

Edit: It reboots on a clean install at 652 as well. Anyone else having this problem?

I can confirm this, I went back to 600 for now. Probably a problem with the new kernel. May Tom is reading this here and can confirm.

Also I had a small problem after placing a VoIP call. After the call the screen locked itself going back to the PIN entry (no reboot, but had to unlock the SIM again). The shutdown after GPS usage is still there. But if it really is related to the temperature sensor going nuts while the phone is sleeping, it might be fixed soon.

Thanks

Guest Maringer

No reboots to report here (OLED SF) after around 4 hours.

I upgraded from RC4, wiped cache and dalvik-cache but not data.

Admittedly, my phone has just been sitting there idle doing very little this morning but still, no reboots as yet!

Guest mvheuver
whoa, lucky didn't install N36, all these reboot issues caused by that new kernel? everythings perfecto on N35, like N25 was, and like N45 will be :D

Since it is a brand new kernel, could you ladies and gents ensure you did a proper wipe and did NOT restore any applications and settings with Titanium. N36 is flying here, super smooth. Just played Angry Birds and after the reports about overclocking problems I overclocked to 691. No issues whatsoever so far. No reboot after GPS use so far (cross fingers).

Guest haltbarmilch
i was getting lots of freezes and reboots as well, so im flashing back to n34 and will redownload n35 as ive deleated it .

i was getting also a lot of freezes and reboots. i cleared after that the cache and davlik and since them i have no more problems. now i'm on n36 with also no problems.

Guest targetbsp
i was getting also a lot of freezes and reboots. i cleared after that the cache and davlik and since them i have no more problems. now i'm on n36 with also no problems.

Tried that and still a no go. It's crashing during touchscreen use for me. Once whilst swiping, twice while scrolling (different apps)

Guest dibbles

Curiosity got the better of me.

Full wipe and format and then install a fresh copy of n36. It installed fine and when I went into the app drawer it rebooted. Then after a few more minutes it booted again.

Thankfully I fully backed up my previous version, restored now :D