[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest jimwormold

I have strange "double screen" effect on 241/242 nightly with "Barcode Scanner" app. It looks like asyncronous pictures on old Tvs (text is placing both on top and bottom of screen).

Can somebody test this app?

Ditto here on 242.

Guest wishmasterf

Cyanogen setting you can change the battery symbol to show db

goto

settings / cyanogen settings / interface / staus bar tweaks / alternative signal display / signal text

I do have -87dBm here. Thats poor. :-( but the signal bar shows me full signal :-(

Guest popoyaya

Best setting for low battery usage:

* Use 2G instead of 3G

* Use data-connection only when needed

* Set Brightness to low

* Search for apps with "Partial Wake usage" (Use spare parts to see)

I do have about 15 % browser usage (with 3G) and 3% Phone usage. Overall usage is about 20% of the time. I get a battery life about 25 hours.

no, doing all of this does not help.

That depends on which planet you bought your phone. Any smart phone from planet Earth would benefit from all of these measures. dry.gif

Guest hugobosslives

That depends on which planet you bought your phone. Any smart phone from planet Earth would benefit from all of these measures. dry.gif

haha. quality

that made me laugh

Guest ToraNoShi

Hello I installed N241 yesterday and I have a problem when I receive/make a call. After talking the screen it's black, like it used to, but don't wake up no more. I have to remove the battery and turn on the phone.

Does anyone have this problem?

Guest Richard_Arkless

I have strange "double screen" effect on 241/242 nightly with "Barcode Scanner" app. It looks like asyncronous pictures on old Tvs (text is placing both on top and bottom of screen).

Can somebody test this app?

I have the same problem, the problem also affects google goggles, its best to revert back to sej's 24th october 2011 until someone manages to find the reason for this

Guest wishmasterf

no, doing all of this does not help.

LOL Tested in 22 minutes. Sorry, stop posting that stupid posts. 3G, data and display brightness needs more power. it is like it is.

All brickornots out there. please post only serious tests. If not, do not post!!!

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest downloader50

I have the same problem, the problem also affects google goggles, its best to revert back to sej's 24th october 2011 until someone manages to find the reason for this

Fancy widgets also has the double screen when you have video as the background for the weather report it is ok when just having a picture for the background

Guest jackal-sk

Just checking you know the correct procedure to get to it because it is (and always has been) cryptic!

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Wi-fi Settings. Here's where it gets weird... press menu and hit advanced.

When set to screen off, it actually disconnects 15 minutes after the screen off. Not immediately.

Doh, I forgot about it, thanks :).

Guest targetbsp

Why are people expecting or even think they are seeing battery life differences from one build to the next when the change log clearly shows nothing changing? This, to me, more than anything invalidates opinion that the ROM is to blame rather than usage

Guest wishmasterf

Why are people expecting or even think they are seeing battery life differences from one build to the next when the change log clearly shows nothing changing? This, to me, more than anything invalidates opinion that the ROM is to blame rather than usage

+1

Guest jackal-sk

Ok, but as has been stated, there are notable differences over some N builds in 3g / in general etc.

Guest sej7278

Ok, but as has been stated, there are notable differences over some N builds in 3g / in general etc.

yes and we're basically saying that its bullshit :D

n220+, 24oct and the various 227 builds had the same kernel as is now in the 241/242 nightlies.

its pretty unlikely that the differences between 24oct and n241, or 241 and 242 are going to have any effect on 3g battery usage.

people just aren't testing for long enough or in a reproducible manner (scientific method).

Guest Chris Banks

A little off topic...

Does anyone using ADW Launcher EX find that it FC's after unmounting USB storage, and when then phone boots up?

Using Launcher Pro Plus now and have no issues like that, but I prefer ADW for customization. NO problems with ADW that comes with CM7 either.

I have set keep launcher in memory in CM settings, and still same problem.

Edited by Chris Banks

i have it too. i am on n241. although the picture you take is fine, the problem is just before doing the photo.

Guest jackal-sk

yes and we're basically saying that its bullshit :D

n220+, 24oct and the various 227 builds had the same kernel as is now in the 241/242 nightlies.

its pretty unlikely that the differences between 24oct and n241, or 241 and 242 are going to have any effect on 3g battery usage.

people just aren't testing for long enough or in a reproducible manner (scientific method).

I share the same opinion as I've said few posts back. No real testing just subjective this and that. I don't use 3g, some other peeps were saying this. Anyway there are differences in battery life throughout the N releases, I dont compare 241, 242 etc but in general.

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest targetbsp

A little off topic...

Does anyone using ADW Launcher EX find that it FC's after unmounting USB storage, and when then phone boots up?

Using Launcher Pro Plus now and have no issues like that, but I prefer ADW for customization. NO problems with ADW that comes with CM7 either.

Yes to those 2 events. Without the home screen in memory out also does it randomly after app closes but the option does at least fix that.

Rebooting i don't now how to avoid other than not

Rebooting!

Same with the mounting except that one you can avoid. I now use an app called samba file sharing which shares the sd card over a network without having to mount it

Guest Clitheroe1

A little off topic...

I'm using the latest CM7 stable and I haven't had that problem with ADW Launcher Ex.

Guest geegeethatsme

A little off topic...

No experience of that for me - running ADW Launcher EX on self-compiled 7.1.0. Silky smooth and stable.

And on the battery debate, other than when we had the overnight partial wake problem some while back, I find battery life no different on CM7 to any rom I've used over the last 13 months - and there have been a few! :)

Guest gnarula

Hello I installed N241 yesterday and I have a problem when I receive/make a call. After talking the screen it's black, like it used to, but don't wake up no more. I have to remove the battery and turn on the phone.

Does anyone have this problem?

Have you calibrated the Proximity Sensor? ;)