[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest dirlan2001

no need to be a twat, my voice is coming out of the speaker, it should not do that.

Guess you have a callrecorder running , sounds like it usues the speaker to record ...

:D

Now I flash to the leatest nightly N255 and second time from I've been using CM no GAPPS and of course I must install it manually.

Edited by Simono

Guest downloader50

Are the latest Nightlies ok to flash? Working well? Decent Battery Life?

Not really well not if you use barcode scanner or google goggles as the image appears broken on the screen

Guest sej7278

Not really well not if you use barcode scanner or google goggles as the image appears broken on the screen

i can't believe that hasn't been fixed yet, looking at gerrit the devs don't even realise its broken - there's no open patches or reverts of whatever broke it between oct 24th and 29th.

Guest andemort

Hi all, and sorry for my english. Let me explain in few words.

I have an orange san francisco in white color and i really like device. I always loved to use cyanogen as my main rom, but with zte blade there is something wrong.

I tried a lot of CM builds and that is what i found. For my white zte blade only CM nightly 179 make my proximity work fine, other newer builds just don't work properly. But on n179 smoothness sucks and i don't feel happy using it. On newer builds especially on Sej's Blade Kang my device is really fast BUT NO proximity at all. I tried everything to solve it, calibrate, recalibrate and ticking settings. Nothing hepls.

IS there any way to make proximity work on newer builds for white zte. Or is there any way to make n179 run smoother?

Thnks in advance. May i need to do something with modules and libs?

Guest Carbonize

i can't believe that hasn't been fixed yet, looking at gerrit the devs don't even realise its broken - there's no open patches or reverts of whatever broke it between oct 24th and 29th.

I thought you were looking in to it Sej? I suppose a good starting point would be is it only the Blade this happens on or do other builds have it as well.

Guest sej7278

I thought you were looking in to it Sej? I suppose a good starting point would be is it only the Blade this happens on or do other builds have it as well.

i tried, in fact i looked through everything on gerrit for that time period and couldn't figure out what broke it - i had to rule out the camera commits as the camera app works, its everything else that is broken.

its not a kernel issue as the new driver stuff doesn't make any difference.

i don't really know where to go to contact the cyanogenmod devs - xda/twitter doesn't seem to work, and irc is like a graveyard. the cm forums are useless as the devs only look at their specific device areas.

Guest hugobosslives

i tried, in fact i looked through everything on gerrit for that time period and couldn't figure out what broke it - i had to rule out the camera commits as the camera app works, its everything else that is broken.

i don't really know where to go to contact the cyanogenmod devs - xda/twitter doesn't seem to work, and irc is like a graveyard. the cm forums are useless as the devs only look at their specific device areas.

twitter is normally quickest

Sorry I just woke up from a dream so I may be wrong :-D , but I'm not sure if you know about it. (On my phone) not just the Google goggles and barcode scanner have the bug, but mobo player as well in one of the aspect ratios (maybe 16:9, or full screen, not sure, because I switched to blademix because of this) so I think it's some kind of display driver issue.

I hope I won't upset you, but I couldn't get back to sleep without saying it. :-P

Guest downloader50

Can confirm barcode scanner etc still broken I.E triple image on screen I just installed the latest nightly had to restore back again to 7.1 stable

Guest downloader50

I have an orange san francisco in white color and i really like device. I always loved to use cyanogen as my main rom, but with zte blade there is something wrong.

I tried a lot of CM builds and that is what i found. For my white zte blade only CM nightly 179 make my proximity work fine, other newer builds just don't work properly. But on n179 smoothness sucks and i don't feel happy using it. On newer builds especially on Sej's Blade Kang my device is really fast BUT NO proximity at all. I tried everything to solve it, calibrate, recalibrate and ticking settings. Nothing hepls.

IS there any way to make proximity work on newer builds for white zte. Or is there any way to make n179 run smoother?

My prox sensor works on all versions of CM are you sure you tried to calibrate it properly - it could be that the sensor is broken have you tried a completely different rom to test

Edited by downloader50

Guest reluctant_traveller

My wife uses a White 'Orange San Francisco', I updated her phone to sej7278 Kang version (not their latest one, the one previous that did not have the issue with the triple display in barcode reader) - seems to be running perfectly well.

Guest targetbsp

Question to those that compile their own. Super user has been out of date a while and I have to keep applying the updated app and binary in Rom Manager. Is there something we're meant to do like with Rom Manager to update it or are we just waiting for someone to merge it in the traditional way?

Guest sej7278

Tom's aware of the camera problem. He said it started after this commit. He's not sure whether that's the actual cause or not, that's what triggered it.

ok, i've removed my n255+ and will have a go making a 256+ with that reverted.

Guest Carbonize

ok, i've removed my n255+ and will have a go making a 256+ with that reverted.

Look forward to it. I will keep using your builds until they commit the Miui battery indicator. Just a shame it no longer has the options for setting the colours for it.