[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest buneech

I haven't been able to use ADB with any nightly, using several PCs. ADB doesn't list any device. And the setup worked with 2.2 on my work laptop. Will try on ma netbook later at home.

EDIT: IT WORKS! B)

Completely forgot that I installed SP1 on all my W7 computers, and that it now couldn't verify the digital signature of the driver. Just installed the driver again and it works. :D

Edited by buneech

Guest hugobosslives
How you doing the switching? Tasker?

yes (but tasker is, on the whole, very annoying as it has a crap interface, i slightly modified the app to my liking as it takes ages to set up tasks like this in the standard version)

I cannot speak for hugobosslives, but I use My Settings:

https://market.android.com/details?id=jqsoft.apps.mysettings

oo is this one able to change to 2g when screen is off and back to 3g when screen is on? As above, i hate tasker, so would like to try a new app that does the same thing....

A note to people who think this is really off topic: Doing this has helped battery life on CM7 massively as there seems to be something wrong with the 3g data sucking on the battery much harder than on froyo. So its kinda related as it should help people out and, most importantly, stop people moaning about battery life!

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
I've never had a single issue with it across many nightlies so it is very odd behaviour!

I pay for an expensive PC case, and get some very crappy front panel USBs, sometimes they charge fine, and the phone realises it's connected to something, but the pc doesn't recognize what the phone is. I'll cope, just need to wobble the plug a bit.

Guest The Soup Thief
oo is this one [my settings] able to change to 2g when screen is off and back to 3g when screen is on? As above, i hate tasker, so would like to try a new app that does the same thing....

Don't think so - I just got the free version and it's a little bit disappointing tbh - no automagical mode shifting depending on conditions (eg 3g to 2g at screen off) as tasker does, which is a bit of a shame really cos tasker (powerful as it is) is a bit of a grind to use well

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
nope no wipes, ive done titanium restores, what i did last time but i really really cannot be boing that every single time as it takes ages restoring everthing.

could it be that im using clockwor 3.0.1.4? i really cant think whats wrong, its so frustrating

Why would you need to restore when you don't wipe ?

I always wipe cache + Dalvik cache, no restore required at all.

Guest Xaphod
I pay for an expensive PC case, and get some very crappy front panel USBs, sometimes they charge fine, and the phone realises it's connected to something, but the pc doesn't recognize what the phone is. I'll cope, just need to wobble the plug a bit.

I've seen that before as well. USB ports at the back of my machine, adb works fine. At the front, it only works one time out of ten. A USB hub plugged into one of the back (motherboard) USB ports and all is well.

This is an expensive Antec Sonata III case, too! I've already double-checked the front USB ports wiring and can only conclude that the fecking things are haunted.

Guest JayGB1982

Ok so ive been testing GPS with just 2G data today, After 2 hours I had no re-boot.!!

But I was listening to music which was proably keeping the phone awake. :D

So I tried 2G data and GPS - After about 30 mins in re-boot. B)

The re-boots happen on both 2G and 3G data.... The only thing I have yet to test is GPS and WiFi...

Really don't know what's doing this and not sure what else I can do Perhaps disable data completely then just run GPS?

Anyway I'll give WiFi and GPS and go and report back.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
I've seen that before as well. USB ports at the back of my machine, adb works fine. At the front, it only works one time out of ten. A USB hub plugged into one of the back (motherboard) USB ports and all is well.

This is an expensive Antec Sonata III case, too! I've already double-checked the front USB ports wiring and can only conclude that the fecking things are haunted.

Had the same with my Nokia 5230, trying to update the nav software or download maps when

connected to the front panel ... no way, aborted after a very short period of time, but no issues

at all once I found it works just fine when connecting via the rear ports.

So that's probably a wiring / USB cable length issue in general, not a specific blade issue.

Guest hugobosslives
Don't think so - I just got the free version and it's a little bit disappointing tbh - no automagical mode shifting depending on conditions (eg 3g to 2g at screen off) as tasker does, which is a bit of a shame really cos tasker (powerful as it is) is a bit of a grind to use well

thats a shame, i agree tasker is pretty crap UI but does to the stuff you want it to, if you know how to work it.

Get the beta version from their site. http://latedroid.com/beta/

two questions mate:

1)does this work on CM7?

2)and can it turn to 2g data when screen is off?

Guest hegde19

I am currently using CM7 RC4 with only 2G enabled, sync on, data on, wifi managed by "Battety Booster" from market: Only used to turn on wifi when screen on and off when screen off. All other features disabled in Battery Booster. : This is working good so far and the mobile is going to sleep properly.

Now trying "Data on Demand" app from market to manage connection: Using Auto mode where it disables connection when screen is off.

This setting is good for me as I only want things to be synced when I want to see them.. :D (may be because I am infront of computer most of the time at work)

This setting is giving me a battery life of around 1.5 days usage on average with few calls, some browsing on phone and twitter+facebook.. Which for me is good.

Edited by hegde19

Guest Sandeep S
two questions mate:

1)does this work on CM7?

2)and can it turn to 2g data when screen is off?

Worked fine for me on CM7 RC4. You have to install it as a system package (instructions there in first screen itself, I guess) for the Data toggle functions to work.

Guest domdom43

accelerometer's issue appears in the nightly 11.

In this nightly CM7 was build for first time with 2.3.3 SDK.

I hope that the bug is not in 2.3.3 sdk so, bug is certainly due to a merge.

Can a cyanogen developer take a look?

Guest JayGB1982
Ok so ive been testing GPS with just 2G data today, After 2 hours I had no re-boot.!!

But I was listening to music which was proably keeping the phone awake. :D

So I tried 2G data and GPS - After about 30 mins in re-boot. B)

The re-boots happen on both 2G and 3G data.... The only thing I have yet to test is GPS and WiFi...

Really don't know what's doing this and not sure what else I can do Perhaps disable data completely then just run GPS?

Anyway I'll give WiFi and GPS and go and report back.

At present I am unable to reproduce a GPS reboot whilst using WiFi? Given it like three goes and the phone is still operational?

Could the GPS bug be related to the 2G / 3G radio's? Perhaps something isnn't quite stepping down right?

Has Anyone had a GPS reboot whilst using WiFi?

Hi there

I have experienced some oddities with data transfer rates. WiFi (I have a DSL line with 6000 kbps at home) as well as mobile data reach max 2200 kbps. In the midday and evening hours, mobile data drops into low to mid triple digits.

Today I made three speed tests for every band. With Nightly 36 I got 1847 kbps with wifi and slightly embarrassing 735 kbps with mobile data/HSDPA. Then I installed RC4 over N36, rebooted two times and made again three speed tests for every band. Now I scored 5835 kbps with WiFi and 2018 kbps with HSDPA. Both samples almost tripled.

Anyone experienced similar behavior? If it's just me, I don't know, if i could open a bug in the bug tracker.

Guest JayGB1982

Sounds like the speedtest app is caching your results, thus doubling your score.

I heard that this can be a buffer issue which happens on 4G LTE US networks?.. Not seen any such results myself though

Guest Schwinni
Hi there

I have experienced some oddities with data transfer rates. WiFi (I have a DSL line with 6000 kbps at home) as well as mobile data reach max 2200 kbps. In the midday and evening hours, mobile data drops into low to mid triple digits.

Today I made three speed tests for every band. With Nightly 36 I got 1847 kbps with wifi and slightly embarrassing 735 kbps with mobile data/HSDPA. Then I installed RC4 over N36, rebooted two times and made again three speed tests for every band. Now I scored 5835 kbps with WiFi and 2018 kbps with HSDPA. Both samples almost tripled.

Anyone experienced similar behavior? If it's just me, I don't know, if i could open a bug in the bug tracker.

While your DSL line is a dedicated line, you share the bandwidth with other users in a mobile network. So your UMTS speed depends on the number of users and their activity.

@all others:

Sorry for suggesting an app which doesn't do any automatic settings.

Anyway, since I use "data off + 2G" or "data on + 3G" it is quite usable for me, because I have access to all settings on one screen.

Guest SimonTG01
ADB works for me. Shows up as "Blade-CM7" when I do 'adb devices'. I can send my apps to my blade from Eclipse, and set breakpoints to step through code etc etc. Maybe a driver issue if it's not working for you?

ADB working fine for me too, except today on n36 couple of random reboots while connected...

Anyway, did you manage to get file explorer working on your eclipse?

I found something that said I need to replace ls up get it to display, but no idea how or what to replace it with...

Simon

Guest TheDOC1

Just a small question: I haven't read anything about coarse network location (mobile and wifi based positioning). It doesn't work for me with the n35 nightly build. Does it work for anyone here?

Edited by TheDOC1

While your DSL line is a dedicated line, you share the bandwidth with other users in a mobile network. So your UMTS speed depends on the number of users and their activity.

I'm aware of that. But it doesn't explain, why my wifi transfer rate was also down with N36.