[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Rooster#1

use titanium backup to uninstall system apps - i've used it to uninstall car home perfectly fine

Ill try that - thanks...

Using "Root explorer" I can see most in SYSTEM/APPS ... but is it safe to do it this way ? And where the hell is "PLACES" ???? rolleyes.gif Its something to do with navigation I think !

Guest Kamikaze.

I'd just freeze system apps so they could be restored if something goes wrong. Titanium Backup PRO or some separate app from Market. I've froze almost all system apps(expect for some vital ones) and my phone is sooo much smoother than before :£

Edited by Kamikaze.

You could also try to clear dalvik cache from cwm.

Thanks, but no luck. I tried clean cache and Dalvik cache.

As I was trying to kill processes I think I found out the problem. Each time I kill Google Services the problem disappears

Can someone explain why in standard theme, the colour of the wifi icon and the cell signal could sometimes be white, and other time be green? I do recall seeing this happened in other gingerbread rom, but i never figured out. cheers

Guest targetbsp

Can someone explain why in standard theme, the colour of the wifi icon and the cell signal could sometimes be white, and other time be green? I do recall seeing this happened in other gingerbread rom, but i never figured out. cheers

It's green if you have a connection to google.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1342117 <---- Does this work on ZTE Blade's CM7?

ICS Transition Animations For CyanogenMod 7

if that works on ZTE Blade's CM7 then can CM7 developers add those to next Nightly ROM? :D

Look insteresting, though I have all the animations turned off anyway ;) You could follow the instructions yourself and test it, just make sure you keep a copy of your original framework-res.apk in case something goes wrong.

edit: ..but I think it's not going to get merged even if it was working.. We've got the real thing on the way so why bother?

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

Look insteresting, though I have all the animations turned off anyway ;) You could follow the instructions yourself and test it, just make sure you keep a copy of your original framework-res.apk in case something goes wrong.

:)

I tried but I didn't find the one file: integers.xml

So I can't continue if I can not find it and I'm using Win7 now, with windows is harder to edit .apk files...

The CM7 is not going to release more nightlys Gingerbread or arehaving problems with servers? It has been known for a whileCyanogenMod 9 for our blade?

I think there coming some more Nightly releases for 2.3 because it have some bugs. ex: boot logo no showing not even boot animation only green android men when booting also I think that some libgles/egl*,so files needs little bit editing because when I move them or scrolling he screen then them looks bad and weather widget not look like it needs to look?

:)

I tried but I didn't find the one file: integers.xml

So I can't continue if I can not find it and I'm using Win7 now, with windows is harder to edit .apk files...

Should be where the tutorial says it is (res/values/integers.xml)?

Should be where the tutorial says it is (res/values/integers.xml)?

it says that the file "integers.xml" needs to edit... in /res/values/ but it's not have "values" folder...

I'm not doing it with apk manager, so maybe that's why I cant find it?

it says that the file "integers.xml" needs to edit... in /res/values/ but it's not have "values" folder...

I'm not doing it with apk manager, so maybe that's why I cant find it?

Well.. yes, that's why ;) You can even see the folder and file with whateverZip you want to use, but to edit it, you need to decompile the apk. ApkManager isprobably the easiest way to get things going if you've not done it before, so I suggest you get it :)

Edited by sm4tik

Well.. yes, that's why ;) You can even see the folder and file with whateverZip you want to use, but to edit it, you need to decompile the apk. ApkManager isprobably the easiest way to get things going if you've not done it before, so I suggest you get it :)

ok! :D

I have ever before used apk manager so it's hard!

I don't have really much time now so I try some other things..

I found Samsung Galaxy S2 CM 7.1 stable ROM framework-res.apk which is edited with ICS transition animations files but I don't want to flash it because I don't know does it work.. maybe I test it tomorrow and if not work then I try to edit framework-res.apk with apk manager!

Does anybody know that why Android Market 3.1 or newer (I don't know what version I'm using, I use newest google app from ROMManager) not work correctly, It's slow!

older is not so good but it's faster...

Can I use ICS:s Google Android Market on CM 7.1? (android market 3.6?)

Edited by Carlos Manuel Leemet

Guest Amphoras

Is there any way to disable those ads that Adblock's not able to block(airpush?)? I searched Google and Market, but I couldn't get a good answer...

You can opt out of airpush ads either per app or permanently by device here.

Guest Gregorypeg1000

Battery is fine for me also.About 2 days with normal usage(a few calls,some messages,and an hour wifi,3-4 hours music)

Edited by Gregorypeg1000