[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest marcosinus

Thanks targetbsp d/ling now.

I tried burstlams latest for a day and for some reason my battery drained from 100% to 11% in like 11 hours on standby. No idea what was going on there. Did anyone else get that?

Will give it another day and see what's up.

Mine too, this ROM drains the battery in idle mode.

patch3 of the kernel in gerrit was up to taos: fix blade derp (thanks Burstlam) in github on the 15th.

patch4 was uploaded to gerrit on the 22nd, however there seems to be no sensor fixes in that time period on github.

commits after that have all been non-blade, so if the sensor fix was uploaded now it wouldn't cause merge issues. maybe tom_g's just forgotten with all the cm9 excitement.

for the moment we're stuck with using the binary blob attached to patch4 - as i did in n257+2 and as will be in the next nightly.

Hi,sej7278

Can i flash your 257+2 rom with 256+2 kernel?

Guest targetbsp

Hi,targetbsp

Does it Includes FocalTech TouchScreen fix??

I'm afraid I have no idea. :D It's simply an up to date compile of everything currently merged into CM7. It's identical to any nightly that would have come out over the past 6 days - if one had. :)

I don't make any custom changes to my builds except for including unmerged Blade updates and there aren't any of those currently.

Guest burstlam

Thanks targetbsp d/ling now.

I tried burstlams latest for a day and for some reason my battery drained from 100% to 11% in like 11 hours on standby. No idea what was going on there. Did anyone else get that?

Will give it another day and see what's up.

it looks to me that usb host mode prevent the machine to enter idle state

patch it with the attached kernel will revert it to normal state

patch.zip

Edited by burstlam

patch.zip

My phone drained 1% overnight (about 10-10 hrs), so I dont need the install the patch?

I compiled it and it's my site, yeah. :) It's up there now.

That's a really good way to verify you know the source of the files. No-one would falsely claim to be the author of HTML of that quality. :D

Hi Target, just noticed on your site you've got (modded) Flash 10.3 on there, there's a modded Flash 11, which works (i'm using it, bbci player low quality works again), link to it

Guest targetbsp

Hi Target, just noticed on your site you've got (modded) Flash 10.3 on there, there's a modded Flash 11, which works (i'm using it, bbci player low quality works again), link to it http://android.modac...-streams-feeds/

The v11 I had was fake when you looked into the apk, it was just flash 10.3 with the version changed. :)

I dunno if anyone has done a newer, genuine version since I checked though.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Pierreism

patch.zip

I get an error when applying zip in Clockwork:

file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/nfo.prop" : No such file or directory

E:Error in /sdcard/patch.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

The v11 I had was fake when you looked into the apk, it was just flash 10.3 with the version changed. :)

I dunno if anyone has done a newer, genuine version since I checked though.

I'm only using it (haven't decompiled or anything), but i was using 10.2, and this versions (11) quite different, the settings bit is web based, never tried 10.3

Guest targetbsp

10.3 is different to 10.2 but 11.0 was same as 10.3 last time I checked. Someone checked it in their browser and some flash test site reported they had v10.3 when they were in fact using this alleged v11. I had a look in the APK's of both, and the main flash player library in 10.3 and 11 were identical. Whereas 10.2 was different. At best, it seemed to me that Flash 11 for ARMv6 is a blending of files from Flash 10.3 ARMv6 and Flash 11 rather than a complete ARMV6 port of v11.

10.3 works for me and is from a hopefully trusted source (a tablet - though who knows where they got it??) so I'm sticking with it over an app that attempts to mislead. :)

Edited by targetbsp

10.3 is different to 10.2 but 11.0 was same as 10.3 last time I checked. Someone checked it in their browser and some flash test site reported they had v10.3 when they were in fact using this alleged v11. I had a look in the APK's of both, and the main flash player library in 10.3 and 11 were identical. Whereas 10.2 was different. At best, it seemed to me that Flash 11 for ARMv6 is a blending of files from Flash 10.3 ARMv6 and Flash 11 rather than a complete ARMV6 port of v11.

10.3 works for me and is from a hopefully trusted source (a tablet - though who knows where they got it??) so I'm sticking with it over an app that attempts to mislead. :)

You are correct! just checked the adobe test site, and it says 10.3.185.360! thanks for the info

Hmm.. I built Tom's kernel with burstlam's CFLAGS but when trying to build the whole rom with that kernel, I got a make error saying the boot.img was too big? Anyone know why? The bigger-in-size kernel installed just fine and has been running without any problems so far so atleast the /boot partition is big enough to handle it. I can always add the kernel and modules afterwards, no problem there, but would appreciate not having to do it each time.. :mellow:

edit:

Target boot image: out/target/product/blade/boot.img

out/target/product/blade/boot.img total size is 4765696

error: out/target/product/blade/boot.img too large (4765696 > [4866048 - 270336])

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/boot.img] Error 1

make: *** Deleting file `out/target/product/blade/boot.img'

edit2: looking at build/core/definitions.mk the error has got to do with the build system reserving space for possible bad blocks in /boot.. oh well maybe I'll just continue injecting a boot.img into the update.zip.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest fonehacker

@Burstlam-yhank u very much for this awsome ROM.

Burstlam's ROM is the best,fastest,snappiest CM7 ROM I 've ever tried.... I have tried all nightlies,KANGs,RCs,Stable... all of them... but this rom is awesome....

now the performance has risen for my blade,I can Play HD games like Brothers in Arms without any lag...

even the Antutu benchmark shows in creased 3D and 2D performance...

Thanks Burstlam.

I've attached Antutu results...

the total score is low considering I havnt tested SD card.

post-877498-0-48168600-1323569382_thumb.

Guest ColdEmbrace

make sure u got at least 160mb system partition space

This is my latest kang : DOWNLOAD LINK

md5 : 392ff35d6101a9eef1c5629a3a9a7294

I cannot get this to install.I did read through the last 3 pages but there seems to be no fix. My phone will not install this I haven't had a problem with a ROM before I don't know what is going on I've tried about 8 times, rewiping and flashing it. The MD5 matches up I double checked it. Just gets stuck at the android logo. Any ideas?

Guest matcho13579

I cannot get this to install.I did read through the last 3 pages but there seems to be no fix. My phone will not install this I haven't had a problem with a ROM before I don't know what is going on I've tried about 8 times, rewiping and flashing it. The MD5 matches up I double checked it. Just gets stuck at the android logo. Any ideas?

do you have at least 160 MB system partition space? I installed this yesterday without any problems...

Guest hedgepigdaniel

2. Support 2 way PCM stream Call recording, Program like CallRecorder by SKAVLEX ,

or u may try rVoix: Original free version by SKAVLEX for HTC (patched to work with V880)

rVoix_zh.zip (rename .zip >.apk to use) .

Could you share what code needs to be changed to allow that?

Guest ColdEmbrace

do you have at least 160 MB system partition space? I installed this yesterday without any problems...

Okay thats the issue, currently Gen2 I changed the partition layout with the TPT tool do I just use the TPT tool to change it again?

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Guest Carbonize

What is the latest build that has the miui battery bar and lets you change its colour too? Thanks :P

Sej's builds are the only ones that include this patch and as to changing the colours that was only available around build 200 and it no longer allows the user to specify the colours.