[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest SnowblindFIN

So is the CM7 suitable for everyday use? Last time i run CM my phone kept freezing overnight and thus no alarm in the morning :P

So is the CM7 suitable for everyday use? Last time i run CM my phone kept freezing overnight and thus no alarm in the morning :P

Lol, that must have been a very long time ago... You can use it, it's stable.

Guest targetbsp

Lol, that must have been a very long time ago... You can use it, it's stable.

This! lol. That really was a long, long time ago. :D

Guest FrankieADZ

I apologise now, I havent been on a while and was looking to try a new version of CM...

Which one would you fine ppl recommend I try?smile.gif

Guest targetbsp

I'm going to give it a go later! I have a bit more playing to do in ColdFusion then I'm going to try TomG's test rom and then I'll probably switch to Sej's as my day to day build. Or perhaps back to CyanMobile - not sure. Too many roms! lol

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the Roboto (ICS) font included with CyanMobile is crap! The one you flash in CWM from XDA is somehow much clearer.

Information: is CM7 2.3.7 (ZTE Racer) There is need for automatically answering a call. Looking at many of our advise or AutoAnswer HandsFree and PhoneCall_AutoAnswer. But none of them work in this version of firmware to sip client (sewn).

- AutoAnswer and HandsFree not work

- PhoneCall_AutoAnswer - instead of answering all the player itself (MortPlayr) runs. well behaved and CarUI lite

If espolzovat sip clients installed

- SipDroid certain functions where there is a auto-response to it, it handles, but there is another problem, Auto Answer losing player is not put on pause.

- Tasker 1.2.1u1 - FUNCTIONS response to the call is not available.

I understand the problem with the firmware CM7???

Question? climb Forums actual problem.

What to do?

PS sorry for my English (google translator helped)

Guest targetbsp

Hi,ist the Squadzone kernel suitable for sej´s KANGs?

Sejs kernel looks about as useful as you could possibly make a CM7 kernel IMO. I think I'm going to put it in my old blade kernel/wifi updater. :D

If you especially want Squadzones kernel, why not just use his rom? It's heavily customised from the standard CM's so I'm not sure how interchangeable parts of it are with everyone elses CM's. I would imagine you can't.

[edit]

or as per the previous post, apparently you can

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

TomG has asked for more feedback on that test rom if anyone is trying it or is able to do so.

If anyone has tried it and can confirm they previously had sleep issues with wifi on in CM7.2 RC1 and now doesn't in the test rom I can pass on any comment if you don't have an account (if you need one??) and post your views here.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278

Hi,ist the Squadzone kernel suitable for sej´s KANGs?

lol, the whole point of my last kang was to revert to the old kernel, so replacing the kernel makes the kang a bit pointless.

if you're going to replace the kernel you should really try tom_g's test one from the issues tracker.

Guest t0mm13b

Trying to compile after a gcc update to 4.7.0 ends up short. It seems external/srec/tools/thirdparty/OpenFst is to blame, can anyone confirm?

Lots of these

external/srec/tools/thirdparty/OpenFst/fst/lib/cache.h:136:11: error: ‘SetState’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]

external/srec/tools/thirdparty/OpenFst/fst/lib/cache.h:136:11: note: declarations in dependent base ‘fst::VectorFstBaseImpl<fst::CacheState<fst::GallicArc<fst::StdArc, (fst::StringType)0u> > >’ are not found by unqualified lookup

external/srec/tools/thirdparty/OpenFst/fst/lib/cache.h:136:11: note: use ‘this->SetState’ instead

edit: I found a paste of something that looks identical to what I'm getting

I confirm! Am getting these weird errors - and this is a biggie - am on Arch 64bit, it was on gcc 4.7 (which got upgraded by Arch about < 3 weeks ago... but meh... have lost track of what's changed in there since then), recently got some cyclic dependency on the libs/multilibs when doing pacman upgrade a while ago, and am googling ever since - it compiles fine on 32bit so its related definitely to that multilib/gcc/lib32 thing... no idea why, am questioning if the multilibs is broken or lib32-* is broken or even worse - gcc 4.7 is using strict compiler mode for C-0x11 switched on... no idea :(

Edited by t0mm13b

I've been living under a rock the last six months and am completely out of the loop concerning CM7.

I'm currently using an old r182 if I'm not mistaken. It works fine but it would be fun to update. What is the current status of CM7 and which release is recommended?

CM7 in general is stable and on the previous page Targetbsp said:

On the previous page we've been discussing the fact that TomG released a new test rom to test a fix for this issue. See comment 44 on here if you want to try it: http://code.google.c...ail?id=5008#c44

There's a link in comment #44, you may try that ROM, or you can look for Sej's build in the last few pages.

Guest targetbsp

I would use (and indeed am using Sej's) . It exists because of wifi sleep issues in the latest releases and the test rom is just that. It has other issues and is intended for testing rather than use - it even states in the comments that the home button doesn't work (though it does for me)

Guest kjacek

Sej's 06Apr (not Feb) rom is the best one I tried recently. I don't recomend test rom mentioned above because of Home button issue

Sej's rom just working for me.

I use s2e to move apps&data to external partition and Sej's rom works well with it.

I can't say it about squadzone's rom. Squadzone's rom doesn't support s2e (at least I cannot use it, but he realeased new kernel recently, maybe it fix something).

Squadzone's rom is fast but IMHO it should be polished. There is big number of configuration options, I don't know even what they do.

Edited by kjacek