[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Toods

Just decided to try the SEJ20120406 build today and noticed that CPU Spy only records the 'Deep Sleep' state. I know this was reported back in March in this thread and was apparently fixed. I guess it's seen in this ROM because SEJ is using the older kernel again.

Is there a fix that I might have missed?

Guest targetbsp

I think you're the first person to notice it! So I don't think there's a fix yet for that specific rom - short of putting in a different kernel.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Amphoras

Just decided to try the SEJ20120406 build today and noticed that CPU Spy only records the 'Deep Sleep' state. I know this was reported back in March in this thread and was apparently fixed. I guess it's seen in this ROM because SEJ is using the older kernel again.

Is there a fix that I might have missed?

There's no fix other than compiling a new kernel. Sej just forgot to add this commit after adding the axi overclocking patches. They stop it recording time spent at each clock speed, and that fixes it again.

Guest sej7278

There's no fix other than compiling a new kernel. Sej just forgot to add this commit after adding the axi overclocking patches. They stop it recording time spent at each clock speed, and that fixes it again.

from my notes i forward-ported these from the newer kernel:

Add vocpcm.c module

Port Vocpcm Module (R7): support voice in-call recording

Really oc axi?

Overclock AXI

Increase max gpu speed

i wouldn't have though that patch was necessary for the old kernel?

Edited by sej7278

Guest jesuita

Installed Sej0's build but can´t see my ext3 partition.. again lol.

What to do? Install App2sd script?

Repartition again the sdcard?

:=)

Ok, installed app2sd script and now cant installl apps from the market (says there isnt enough storage available)

Whats wrong here? -.-

Edited by jesuita

Guest Amphoras

from my notes i forward-ported these from the newer kernel:

Add vocpcm.c module

Port Vocpcm Module (R7): support voice in-call recording

Really oc axi?

Overclock AXI

Increase max gpu speed

i wouldn't have though that patch was necessary for the old kernel?

Overclock AXI is the one that breaks it, so its still needed even with the old kernel.

Installed Sej0's build but can´t see my ext3 partition.. again lol.

What to do? Install App2sd script?

Repartition again the sdcard?

:=)

Ok, installed app2sd script and now cant installl apps from the market (says there isnt enough storage available)

Whats wrong here? -.-

You should try to install Link2sd from the market, it's free.

Guest jesuita

Yes Tuc, that was it..

Installed S2E and now everything is working as is supposed :)

Sej's last build is working like a charm!

Thanks for you efforts!

Guest alex2011

I don't know if anyone ever noticed on this but you can save some 5 to 10 seconds when connecting to a wireless network just by editing /etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf adding "noarp" to the end of the file.

Great tip but unfortunately it doesn't work on my Blade. Actually with the "noarp" line the WiFi reconnects even slower, which is strange. If I look at the WiFi advanced menu, when I turn on the WiFi, the Blade tries to reconnect (the gray WiFi icon appears on the status bar), then disconnects (WiFi icon disappears), then it does that reconnect/disconnect cycle one more time, then it shows "scanning..." and finally manages to connect.

So instead of 5-10 seconds, with the "noarp" command I get 15-20 seconds until I connect to the WiFi. Could it be because both of my routers are relatively old? Or could it be the syntax of the dhcpcd.conf file? I noticed that on your file there is an empty line between the three lines. Mine looks like this:

interface wlan0

option subnet_mask, routers, domain_name_servers

noarp

lol, seems like you just need to use my rom. softbuttons are disabled by default, the kernel and ics fonts are already in it. only other changes from vanilla are the option not to display the alarm icon (disabled by default), basic ringlock and the newer adreno libs which you will want.

...and, if I'm not mistaken, the window animations style. On the vanilla it's zoom in/out while on your rom is more like screen on/off. Is there any way to go back to the default zoom in/out transitions?

Also, is there any way to go back to the default GB fonts? The ICS fonts are nice in English but not in other languages (for example in Greek, all the capital letters have the accents displaced).

Guest targetbsp

Do you know if the kernel in this nightly has AXI Overclocking? Also does it have the new adreno libs?

It will have the kernel patches but not the adreno libs as far as I'm aware.

Guest leripe

It will have the kernel patches but not the adreno libs as far as I'm aware.

seems ill have to flash them then too, how hard is it to include them already in newer releases :o

Guest nupeq

I have a problem with my camera. I have kang from burgerz and after some time it gets broken and it says: "Cannot connect to camera"

sorry for bad english;x

Guest targetbsp

seems ill have to flash them then too, how hard is it to include them already in newer releases :o

It's easy. All kangs (including mine) include them. I'm not even sure anyone has told the CM team they exist which is probably why they aren't being used!

Guest targetbsp

Sej has moved to cold fusion now. he's both running it himself and taken over from tilal in maintaining it. So I don't knwo if he'll be making any more Cm7's?

Anyone have a clue if the "fix dhcpcd stop" fix for the Blade is important?

Guest Bastlwastl2010

Anyone have a clue if the "fix dhcpcd stop" fix for the Blade is important?

In some rare cases my Blade dont connect to my wlan, then the wlan in the blade goes out, 5 sec later on, and on the second try it connect.

Mayby it fix this....but i dont no

Edited by Bastlwastl2010

Guest Geree

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14758/

it's the same fix for ICS, saying: blade: Fix WiFi sleep

dhcpcd was not properly stopped after wpa_supplicant stopped, it could cause battery drain

patch borrowed from:

https://github.com/ICSFusionX/android_device_zte_blade/commit/30c134885958b3d6a34913df2c8a3a5c29087206

Change-Id: I6b0dbc46de1f525ac530a018a08fb2fb828827c2

..I hope it helps to save some battery power..

Guest targetbsp

Ooh this could be good! Myself (and least one other) commented on the test kernel that whilst it was now sleeping with wifi on, it was still draining battery more than the old kernel. Will be good if this is now fixed.

Edited by targetbsp