[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

They're not likely to appeal to most users. It's not very granular, it's pretty much setup for min brightness indoors for battery life, max outdoors and only one in between. I'm not bothered about a smooth change in brightness - I just want to see the screen.

Anyway

0 20 255 - min brightness, keypad light on in pitch black

1 20 0 - min brighness, keypad light off if there's any ambient light in doors

2500 80 0 - mid range for light hitting the screen through a window or something

5000 255 0 - max brightness for natural light

Guest targetbsp

OK thanks, but I still don't understand what this 'freeze' do in the system. I don't feel the differnce between 'freezing' applications and not during the rom upgrade. I suppose there must be some benefit but what?

The difference is that if you delete a load of system apps, next time you update the rom those are back and you have to delete them again.

If however they are frozen, then when you update your rom they stay frozen so you never have to worry about it again.

Guest SpeRator

Configuration:

Device: ZTE Blade (AMOLED, GEN1->GEN2)

Recovery: recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-blade.zip (http://www.modaco.co...40#entry1948783)

Rom: 30May-update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-blade-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip (dont worry its RC3) (http://www.mediafire...53dbbdmm6tgg14d)

Kernel: archish new compiled kernel (http://www.modaco.co...20#entry1960718)

AnTuTu Benchmark v2.8.2 score (without SD-Card test):

SCORE: 1589

RAM: 111

CPU integer: 232

CPU float-point: 175

2D graphics: 296

3D graphics: 610

Database IO: 165

CPU frequency: 122-729 MHz

Govenor: ondemand

Edited by SpeRator

Guest kjacek

Device: ZTE Blade (AMOLED, GEN1->GEN2)

AMOLED only? Not sure about meaning "GEN1->GEN2", does it means that GEN2 is included?

Edited by kjacek

Guest targetbsp

Rom: 30May-update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-blade-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip (dont worry its RC3)

Well spotted! I'll try and fix the file naming. :D

Guest SpeRator

AMOLED only? Not sure about meaning "GEN1->GEN2", does it means that GEN2 is included?

- My ZTE Blade is out of the first series, they had better displays (AMOLED). They need less battery than LCD.

- GEN1 = generation 1. I had to transform my GEN1 Kernel to GEN2 Kernel to use actually ROMS like CM 7.2

Edited by SpeRator

Guest targetbsp

I think you guys are talking a bit at cross purposes here. @kjacek: that post is not a rom release, it's a benchmark. SpeRator is just detailing what is on his phone when he ran the benchmark. :)

Guest kjacek

I think you guys are talking a bit at cross purposes here. @kjacek: that post is not a rom release, it's a benchmark. SpeRator is just detailing what is on his phone when he ran the benchmark. :)

Comprende ;-).

Guest GoGokh

Hi, someone know wich app to delete for remove the second widget, the first is google search, the last is Search, which come with cm7, but the second...

post-944601-13385711686893_thumb.jpg

Guest Ronald Hummelink

Well spotted! I'll try and fix the file naming. :D

I was checking your site directly, and that one still has the 22 May build, so I missed your update. Any specific reason you didn't link it from there?

Thanks for all your work on this!

Guest kjacek

I was checking your site directly, and that one still has the 22 May build, so I missed your update. Any specific reason you didn't link it from there?

Don't be afraid ;-). I flashed this build and works perfectly. Thank you targetbsp!

Guest targetbsp

Yeah, no real reason, I just didn't get around to it! There wasn't much interesting in the changelog.

There's an even newer one here: http://www.mediafire...9berfidpov9b8ki

From yesterdays attempt to fix the file naming. Which as you can see, didn't go well and its not fixed. :D

MD5# d9463ecccdd3453b03038eaa7655ba7a

Going to check out the CM9 progress again this weekend.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest MidaMilunk

light sensor does not work since I have flashed 30May over 26May... I know, "no whine", but is it the same for all? I have calibrated proximity several times.

Since tan I have flasher 01June as well, but still no light sensor. Auto brightness settings show -1, GPS status shows nothing (I guess it is what I should see when there's no light sensor at all).

Tested a bit... after factory reset it works fine (well, sometimes... currently does not work after full wipe either), but restoring only data also ruins the sensor...

---------

Tested even more... and works now. Sometimes in near totally dark situations it behave strange, and shows "-1" instead if "0". But calibrating in similar cimrcumstances definitely makes it even worse. In the morning I restored the 26May backup, and flashed directly 01June over it, without the 30May, and now we are happy!

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest kjacek

What is the current recommended setup for CM7 on the blade? Which nightly and patches add ons etc.

I don't think there is any recomended setup for CM7 now.

I can recommend one of the lastest roms by targetbsp.

Latest rom compiled by targetbsp can be found in #14293 post, the rest (Sej's kernel, ICS font, modified gaps etc) is on his site: http://blade.windows98.co.uk/

I additionally flash soft button patch.

Guest Cata_Simi

I just flashed official 7.2 RC3 and wanted to know are there any changes in your 1 June Build compared to official RC3?

Yeah, same question here

Edit: Aha, ok thanx !

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest targetbsp

The CM changelog is in my signature sorted by date so you can work out what is new just by looking what chanegd between the dates of any 2 specific builds. :)

I don't think there's anything specifically interesting.

Guest ziyan

You will be able to use the volume keys to change cursor position while writing, so you don't need to waste time with selecting and moving the cursor with the touchscreen (which is hard on the Blade's small screen) :)

Guest axebarauna

I've just saw this on changelog page, and went here to quickly write about this great feature, but I see you also looking there:p btw this is in Swedish snow, loved this on that rom:D