[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest SpeRator

i guess cm7.2 stable has the new adreno libs, am i right? (can't see the wiki for some reason btw)

Adreno 200 libs not included. You have to flash them by yourself or wait for targetbsp update.

Guest fhdfyz

I've been out of the rom scene for many months. I'm still using wbaw's gsf B17 since it was first released but now i want to upgrade. I've tried searching the forum for answers but it seems overwhelming since i'm viewing the site after many months, so i apologize if my questions have been answered before.

All i want to do is install the most stable version of cm7 for extended use as i am not fond of changing roms.

- Blade checker says that i have a 140mb partition so i assume i would have to upgrade. Also i have an old clockwork mod. I've tried searching for wbaw's tpts (which i used to move to gen2 from gen1) but they seem to have been removed. Could anyone provide me with a link to a tpt to upgrade my partition (which include instructions as i've forgotten them)? Should i use the same method as i did for moving from gen1 to gen2 to upgrade from gen2 to a 'gen2 with upgraded partition', or should i tpt it to gen1 first? I understand this must have been answered before many times, but i don't want to risk my phone as tpts can be dangerous, so pardon my noobness.

- What is the most stable version of cm7 at the moment? From what I've seen, many nightlies have been released along with kangs. Which versions has the best battery life, along with no major glitches (particularly of wifi as i use it to browse), and overall smoothness?

- Any additional information that i should know? Eg. for a fresh bug-free installation of new cm7, soft buttons etc.

Again, i apologize for the noobness.

Guest Clitheroe1

It's quite a complicated search and take take a few seconds to run but I presume you'd have left it at least a few seconds?

Not sure. It works in Chrome!

Once I left it for over half an hour and it still wouldn't load, but I use Internet Explorer so I tried it in Chrome and it worked almost immediately. Thanks for you help, as always.

Edited by Clitheroe1

Guest Moeen Mahboob

Adreno 200 libs not included. You have to flash them by yourself or wait for targetbsp update.

Is there flashable zip package for those?

I've been out of the rom scene for many months. I'm still using wbaw's gsf B17 since it was first released but now i want to upgrade. I've tried searching the forum for answers but it seems overwhelming since i'm viewing the site after many months, so i apologize if my questions have been answered before.

All i want to do is install the most stable version of cm7 for extended use as i am not fond of changing roms.

- Blade checker says that i have a 140mb partition so i assume i would have to upgrade. Also i have an old clockwork mod. I've tried searching for wbaw's tpts (which i used to move to gen2 from gen1) but they seem to have been removed. Could anyone provide me with a link to a tpt to upgrade my partition (which include instructions as i've forgotten them)? Should i use the same method as i did for moving from gen1 to gen2 to upgrade from gen2 to a 'gen2 with upgraded partition', or should i tpt it to gen1 first? I understand this must have been answered before many times, but i don't want to risk my phone as tpts can be dangerous, so pardon my noobness.

- What is the most stable version of cm7 at the moment? From what I've seen, many nightlies have been released along with kangs. Which versions has the best battery life, along with no major glitches (particularly of wifi as i use it to browse), and overall smoothness?

- Any additional information that i should know? Eg. for a fresh bug-free installation of new cm7, soft buttons etc.

Again, i apologize for the noobness.

I think 160mb partition is required for CM7 with Gapps to work (I am not sure)

I am using 214MB system partition to keep my phone ready for ICS switch once a stable is up. I havent considered squeezing up sys as of yet since I move all my apps to SD card.

There is a sticky about TPTs, you may have the respective TPT from there and start over with flashing the rom again

CyanogenMod 7's is officially stable for v7.2, 7.1 and 7.0 considering latest gingerbread to date, 7.2 is the go, you can have it from

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=blade&type=stable

Edited by Moeen Mahboob

Guest targetbsp

Has anyone tried already Cyanogenmod 7.2 sable and see improvements over targetbsp's 10th june release?

Thanks

It'll be the same except it has the slower GPU drivers. You are allowed to report bugs in it though which is handy if you have any!

Guest camilo0365

It'll be the same except it has the slower GPU drivers. You are allowed to report bugs in it though which is handy if you have any!

Thanks mate, so your June 10th release might be the last one?

lol i mean, CM7.2 will be the last stable release, so yours may also be. By the way, I find it an excellent Rom for daily use.

Thanks!

Guest targetbsp

They've said they'll keep supporting CM7 for phones that don't have official CM9 support. I guess we count there! So there should still be updates to it.

Guest targetbsp

Probably nobody tell them about it. No, it isn't joke

Someone from here did actually add it as an improvement request a bit back. Dunno how many people starred it.

Why the team hasn't included the new Adreno libs into 7.2 final ?

I think the request has largely gone ignored this far (at least I haven't seen any update emails about it)

But I guess there is always the issue of do you really include pre-compiled libs from an effectively unknown source in your official build?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ziyan

Is there any way to enable smooth brightness transitions (like in cm9-aokp remix or stock roms) on CM7? The instant change from 10 to 100% is annoying...

Guest targetbsp

Is there any way to enable smooth brightness transitions (like in cm9-aokp remix or stock roms) on CM7? The instant change from 10 to 100% is annoying...

Have you setup the values? I use my own but these are the ones commonly recommended to those that don;t want to work out their own: http://www.modaco.com/topic/335328-romgen2cyanogenmod-7-android-237/page__st__9620__p__1822507#entry1822507

Guest targetbsp

But they should do it? If they're not doing then you'll probably have to work out your own for the light levels you tend to be in and the brightnesses you want.

Guest huibuhh

I'm currently on targetbsp's CM7.2 Unofficial June 10th. Today I noticed that when zooming the camera the preview is shown accordingly but the actual photo is taken without zoom.

Can anyone confirm this? Does it occur with the official 7.2, too?

Guest lopilop

Hey targetbsp, I would like to know which changes you make on the oficial cm7 nightlies.

Why would we prefer your build over the oficial cm7 one?