[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest mrcake

It was on the previous page dude.

It'll be the same except it has the slower GPU drivers. You are allowed to report bugs in it though which is handy if you have any!

Edited by mrcake

Guest lopilop

It was on the previous page dude.

Just that? So... if I want I can install the lateste nightly and then flash the new adreno libs, and its going to be exactly like his build?

Just that? So... if I want I can install the lateste nightly and then flash the new adreno libs, and its going to be exactly like his build?

Yes.

Guest targetbsp

Exactly. I'm only here because buildbot is slack. For instance there were 7 changes on the 18th. it's now the 21st and our latest nightly build is still the 17th.

Admittedly I'm even more slack right now as mine is the 10th but the general idea is that I wouldn't have been. :D

Guest Benoe

In order to shoot movies in 800x480 resolution with CM7 you need to modify the file media_profiles.xml located in the folder /etc.

Great finding!

My problem with video recording is, that the app doesn't put date and time information into the m4v file.

Do you think it can be enabled somehow?

Guest MidaMilunk

I'm currently on targetbsp's CM7.2 Unofficial June 10th. Today I noticed that when zooming the camera the preview is shown accordingly but the actual photo is taken without zoom.

Can anyone confirm this? Does it occur with the official 7.2, too?

It behaves so in CM ROMs since the beginning of time. Developers never gave a sh.t to this, since the "zoom" on Blade is just a magnified crop, so you can do the very same later with any free software!

I have found more interesting, that

- auto brightness follows the light very slowly (although update time is set to half of a second) after a time (more than a day of uptime)

- GPS practically stopped working after some two days of uptime. looked like working, but never found more than two satelits. Could not mend without reboot - if reboot helped at all, I do not really remember :/

Returned to SwedishSnow RLS7 again, although CM7.2 feels a bit faster.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest matcho13579

I have found more interesting, that

- auto brightness follows the light very slowly (although update time is set to half of a second) after a time (more than a day of uptime)

- GPS practically stopped working after some two days of uptime. looked like working, but never found more than two satelits. Could not mend without reboot - if reboot helped at all, I do not really remember :/

First issue: you can solve it with editing light levels and setting right things

Second issue: just use modified gps.conf file... send me a PM and I'll try to help you when I will be surfing this forum on my desktop

Edited by matcho13579

Guest José Bernardo

First issue: you can solve it with editing light levels and setting right things

Second issue: just use modified gps.conf file... send me a PM and I'll try to help you when I will be surfing this forum on my desktop

To edit the gps.conf using a gui, get FasterGPS from the play store. It works quite well.

Guest Ficus

this morning i wanted to turn on the wireless tethering, but when i selected that option my phone froze. from this moment, every time i try to boot the phone, it stucks on the green android guy. i already tried to fix permission, wipe dalvik and cache partition. i also tried to boot the phone without the sim and sd cards, but nothing worked.

at this point, i would do a factory reset/restore a backup image with clockworkmod, but the problem is that i have a couple of unread messages that i'd like to read.

so, is there any way to boot the phone without losing the messages or is thee any way to reach the messages before doing a factory reset/restore a backup image?

Guest urbanfrit

Wipe the cache and dalvic then flash any CM7 rom. Messages should still be there. I always do this with every new version and everything is still there including messages and call records.

Guest Ficus

Wipe the cache and dalvic then flash any CM7 rom. Messages should still be there. I always do this with every new version and everything is still there including messages and call records.

thank you, that worked for me.

Guest DMM88

Volume+ can boost in-call volume.

Did you try?

How many volume steps did you choose?

Wich ROM are you using?

Doesn't work for me...

Edited by DMM88

Guest ziyan

May this help solving the instant brightness changes (no fade)? It's really annoying when you move from a dark place to a bright place, and the brightness changes instantly, without fade :(

Guest Akash P

New nightly build is up! (24-06-2012) Download: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/jenkins/3270/cm-7-20120624-NIGHTLY-blade.zip

A ton of changes have been merged as of now.

Ringlock: hide album art when Minimal style is active

Don't consider input restricted if keyguard is still disabled.

Simplify and fix handle free routine.

Don't let apps disable the SIM PIN entry screen.

Don't let apps disable the SIM PIN entry screen.

Guest James Horny

What are the Pros and Cons if upgraded from CM7.1 stable version to 7.2.

I've excellent performance now with 7.1. Antutu shows about 1900 points when OC:d to 748 MHz.

Is the performance as good with 7.2 and what else can be achieved. :mellow:

Guest kjacek

What are the Pros and Cons if upgraded from CM7.1 stable version to 7.2.

Lot of bugs were fixed since CM7.1 stable version. I like changing rom from time to time so I do it ;-).

There are new graphic libraries improving 3D games, but not included yet in official build. You can find it e.g. on targetbsp site.

If you are happy with your rom, there is no reason to change it. But it is only my opinion.

I'm currently on build by asm19 (it could be find several pages before) but I can also recomend you latest build by targetbsp.

I don't know about any Cons related to latest builds.

One more thing. Usually after flashing new rom, I flash also Sej's kernel available on targetbsp page: http://blade.windows98.co.uk/

Edited by kjacek

Guest targetbsp

I take it you don't use wifi or you would have upgraded from 7.1 stable long ago. :D (for battery life reasons)

Edited by targetbsp