[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest MidaMilunk

First issue: you can solve it with editing light levels and setting right things

Second issue: just use modified gps.conf file... send me a PM and I'll try to help you when I will be surfing this forum on my desktop

Thanks a lot!

But... I always use the same 10 step setting for the auto brightness, it works. If it doesn't, the ROM must have some error - I have tested with at least 10-15 different ones!

GPS config is a good idea, but why is it so difficult to include a workig one in the ROM? The current 7.2 does not give me so many plus features and/or speed I would spend hours, or even minutes to correct what did not even break elsewhere!

Guest Rucha

Recently updated to release 7.2. Since that alarm doesn't ring if headset is attached. Before update it did ring on alarm via loudspeaker.

Is it possible to fix without downgrade?

Guest Akash P

Recently updated to release 7.2. Since that alarm doesn't ring if headset is attached. Before update it did ring on alarm via loudspeaker.

Is it possible to fix without downgrade?

Simple. Go to Settings>CyanogenMod Settings>Sound>Always play on speaker> Tick all the 3 options. Now alarm should play on speaker even when the headset is connected.

Guest Implantman

Compared CM7.1 and 7,2 stable versions updated with Sej's kernel I've found out that 7.2 version is draining battery heavily.

While in normal use the battery duration with 7.1 version is two days and with 7.2 version only one day.

Everything should be very similar in both configurations.

Guest José Bernardo

Compared CM7.1 and 7,2 stable versions updated with Sej's kernel I've found out that 7.2 version is draining battery heavily.

While in normal use the battery duration with 7.1 version is two days and with 7.2 version only one day.

I am having the same problem with the stock kernel, but I found that the battery drained even faster with RC2 than with 7.2 final.

Guest semenfun82

What is causing the battery drain with 7.2 ROM.? :angry:

Guest targetbsp

Have you tried not using Sej's kernel? Some people say the stock kernel is better for them. So it (presumably) depends upon your usage as to which is better for you.

Guest semenfun82

Have you tried not using Sej's kernel? Some people say the stock kernel is better for them. So it (presumably) depends upon your usage as to which is better for you.

Sej's kernel has been implemented so many good features that don't wan't to go back to stock kernel.

Guest targetbsp

All it implemented was the new features from the current kernel back into the old one for those who save power in the old one. There's no reason not to use the new one if it's better power wise for you. If features are what you want, someone else did post up a kernel a bit back loaded with stuff but I'm afraid I don't have a link.

Guest epyloxias

Just installed the rom and the gapps and i can't find play store.

What did i do wrong?

Edited by epyloxias

Guest epyloxias

Just installed the rom and the gapps and i can't find play store.

What did i do wrong?

I guess its a TPT problem. Lets see if i am wright!

Guest ums57

experienced strange behavior with CM 7.2.0:

first i noticed, but only sometimes, heavy battery drain, always caused by applications using GPS ( Maps, GpsFix, Orux, Find2Car,..), but they where not in the list of running Apps...

today I remarked also an other strange thing in battery consumption: charged till 7:30 am, at 6:19 pm it was on 49% after 8:14:( 10:49 should be right) with GpsFix 56% of usage, but I haven't used it..

Last was N20120610, mostly 36-48h,but also before I never saw this...

Guest Spartacus83

I've table version of CM and have a problem.

How can I stop battery draining.

Calibrate the battery...search for the thread on how to do it...

It saves battery from fast drain...

Edited by Spartacus83

Guest lopilop

New nightly build is up! (1-07-2012) Download: http://get.cm/get/2VB

Nothing major as of now, only one new change has been merged.

Fix event dates shifted by a day for time zones left of GMT

Gapps with the latest Google Play (Version: 3.7.11 ) Download: http://www.mediafire...ikuvjh0ekbchuho

Is the WIFI battery drain problem already fixed in this version? If not which kernel do u people recommend to flash?

Guest matcho13579

no, it doesn't, it's just a myth

Guest пенис

I calibrate my batteries and now no drain. Manage to go whole three days now.

Guest fema

Is the WIFI battery drain problem already fixed in this version? If not which kernel do u people recommend to flash?

I'm interested in this as well, is there anything important I should know before coming back to GB for its stability, etc.?

Guest targetbsp

It was broke in some past stable version and then pretty much immediately fixed in nightlies. People still have different opinions over which kernel is more battery efficient but there's no outright battery draining sleep issues now.

Guest Akash P

New nightly build is up! (8-07-2012) Download: http://get.cm/get/30U

CHANGE LOG:

libcameraservice: allow skipping of autofocus callbacks

Czech: added missing string, fixed string

Make sure internal state is initialized when toggling network mode.

Launcher2: Correct translatables

Settings: Use new Google apps

Bulgarian T9 and dialer buttons

pattern unlock screen: Add an option to hide pattern error

apns-conf.xml: add APN/MMS for o.tel.o

Fonts anyone??

Ubuntu Fonts with matching Clockopia. DOWNLOAD: Ubuntu Fonts with Clockopia.zip

Segoe Windows Phone Fonts. DOWNLOAD: Segoe Windows Phone Fonts.zip

Edited by Akash P

Guest kjacek

Installed CM7 Nightly (8-07-2012). Is there any possibility to add soft button patch? Unfortunatelly the latest one I have (named softbutton_tablets_patch) doesn't work.

Maybe someone have knowledge and is kind to share it how to compile/apply softbutton tablets patch?