[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Cata_Simi

which is the best browser, what are you using, I use opera but i dont like the long starting and loading time, and interface eficiency could be better

Guest targetbsp

I use Angel. I've tried 'em all (as far as I know) and Angel is the best at auto reformatting pages to find the screen (in landscape mode).

Actually XScope was as good at rendering - but its interface sucked and it's now ARMv7 I think.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest magillos

128mb is a very small system that only the earliest gen 2 tpt's used. We pretty quickly switched to 136 or 138 or something.

The likely cause, considering you used my gapps, is that the latest market version is a fair bit bigger.

I just checked, and even with stock gapps, CM7 needs 132mb and hasn't grown in months. So you have in fact been missing bits of the firmware for a long time with a 128mb system. You need to tpt to a bigger system partition.

That explains a lot. Thanks. I only wonder if it's possible to repartition to the size you suggested and than restore backup made in recovery on my 128MB. Would that work? I don't want to loose my data. I would rather leave it like that than set everything up from scratch.

Guest targetbsp

Yes, that will work fine as long as your existing data is small enough to fit in the smaller data partition you'll end up with.

Guest Cata_Simi

I use Angel. I've tried 'em all (as far as I know) and Angel is the best at auto reformatting pages to find the screen (in landscape mode).

Actually XScope was as good at rendering - but its interface sucked and it's now ARMv7 I think.

I've done some tests, angel is nice but lacks a basic function that I need, to copy and paste text and has a lot of customizations and menus and stuff including the tumb menu or whatever is called where I prefer instead a simplier interface (something like chrome)

I am using for now dolphin mini which is bad at auto formating pages but is the fastest, simple and usable enough

Guest danmanbad

hi i hoping someone can help whats the best version of CM7 to date official or un-official with or without add on's the most stable with fewist problems plus the best partion size for cm7+full gapps and wether its best to use a tpt upgraded gen2 or a windows upgraded phone

thanks in advance for any and all advice

Edited by danmanbad

Guest Akash P
The last merged change was on the 19th so there's nothing new in it since the last nightly :)

Well, looks like further development of CM7.2 has almost stopped. CM team has moved on to ICS+.. don't really think that any more features could have been added to the Blade. Lets see what the future holds for us Blade users. :-P

Guest SpeRator

Well, looks like further development of CM7.2 has almost stopped. CM team has moved on to ICS+.. don't really think that any more features could have been added to the Blade. Lets see what the future holds for us Blade users. :-P

The blade is slowly dying! ;-(

Guest Rucha

I have problem with FM radio. It works but in mono mode. Now I have CM 7.2 final. But I remember that earlie (on 7.1 or something like that) it was working in stereo mode.

Is it possible turn stereo mode on?

PS: There is "stereo" set in FM Radio app settings.

Guest matcho13579

hey guys,

I have small problem. I'm running on nightly build from 22.07.

When I'm making a call, a strange icon appears in notification bar. What it indicates?

20120801235046.png

EDIT//Forget it, it's an app I installed today :huh: :lol:

Edited by matcho13579

Guest abdidas

Installed cm 7.2 stable and

cm-7-20120729-NIGHTLY-blade.zip

hoping that the camera zoom issue was rectified.

when using the camera and you zoom and then take a picture, it will come out as if u didn't use zoom at all.

it appears zoomed but the image is stored unzoomed.

Strange!

anyone know a fix?

Guest MidaMilunk

No one has ever dealt with this. The Blade's "zoom" is just a crop, you can do it yourself after taking the picture!

Installed cm 7.2 stable and

cm-7-20120729-NIGHTLY-blade.zip

hoping that the camera zoom issue was rectified.

when using the camera and you zoom and then take a picture, it will come out as if u didn't use zoom at all.

it appears zoomed but the image is stored unzoomed.

Strange!

anyone know a fix?

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest epyloxias

What's the problem with you ?

I ca'n find the Play store. It isn't even installed. There must be a TPT problem and I can't find the propper one. Any suggestions?

Guest targetbsp

if you went to gen 2 fairly early then your system partition is probably too small. Play has grown in size a fair bit lately. if your system partition is 136 or 138 or whatever the early ones were, then you need to repartition using the newer 160 versions.

Guest matcho13579

if you went to gen 2 fairly early then your system partition is probably too small. Play has grown in size a fair bit lately. if your system partition is 136 or 138 or whatever the early ones were, then you need to repartition using the newer 160 versions.

I have 136 MB /system partition and still ~45 MB free :)

Guest targetbsp

I have 136 MB /system partition and still ~45 MB free :)

Then you have clearly deleted lots. And it would help to point that out rather than just posting contrary information to confuse matters. :)

I have to say though, by my maths, it should *just* fit. But I guess 'just' isn't enough as someone else had similar trouble earlier in the thread. I run a larger system for ICS/JB so...

Edited by targetbsp