[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Thanks TigTex that makes a lot of scence as to whats happening at the moment when not set to 2G. However as its been ok on 3G at home and locally untill the last couple of days I'm hoping its a network problem and will return to normal 3G signal soon.

Guest 陰莖:)

I just installed the stable version of CM 7.2 and I think it's a bit too laggy for me. I got lag in Contacs, Gallery, Music Player, Setting, almost everything. Can i do something to solve this lag?

Should buy a new mobile.

Guest Cata_Simi

Hi targetbsp, please make a short comparison with advantages/disatvantages of using cm10 beta over cm7 (I know from cm9 that there-s no hw decoding, and no FM radio) you'll spare me from a lot of time wasted with apps reinstalation and configurations that are time consuming. Will you come back to cm7 soon?

EDIT : OK, Thanx (games are a the bigest part for me too)

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest targetbsp

I'm not sure I'm the best person to ask because I use a fairly narrow set of features of my phone. I make calls, I text and I play games. I never use the camera, watch video, use bluetooth, use the radio, use tethering etc.

I'm not sure there's any pro in CM10 I could single out really. It's just generally a slicker, nicer to use OS. Probably most of which comes from the new launcher design in Android 4.x

The main downside for me is that if the phone isn't clean booted, game appear to have trouble loading up textures and instead draw bits of themselves with white squares. Some games are a lot more sensitive to this than others and a couple of these games pretty much need you to reboot before you play them. It seems better than CM9 at this though with most games.

S2E doesn't appear to quite work properly if you use it. I ended up switching to Int2Ext.

The only other issue I've seen is incredibly minor - text that scrolls on the notification bar is a mess.

I am actually back on CM7 again right now because I wanted to test something. The reason I left it is my wifi was playing up despite having worked fine for about a year previously. It seems to be behaving today but if it plays up again I'll switch back to CM10 because all of its issues annoy me less than my wifi randomly dropping and needing a reboot to recover!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest azidhaka

Is it possible to use the old zte-turies-35 kernel from Swedish snow in CM7 (or in CM9/10)? Every other kernel makes my WiFi act funny - APs appearing and disappearing, non-existent APs with strange symbols in the list, signal strengths up and down... This is on a EU GEN2 Blade.

Maybe you guys already know about factory-reset bug on most of samsung with touchwizUi. This bug also exist on htc one x and motorolla defy (with cm7). So I try to check that bug to my rom (cm7 based) and sadly they are exist.

To check, open http://dylanreeve.com/phone.php with your android device. If your dialer show your IMEI then your rom is vulnerable.

Temporary solution: install another dialer like dialer one from market.

bug detail HERE

Edited by rdis

Guest doroido

Is this commit supposed to fix the issue mentioned in the post above?

I'd like to flash the latest nightly if this can be confirmed.

Do not allow intents to initiate special char sequence handling.

This is a squash of the following jellybean commits backported to GB:

- Prevent Intent from initiating special-char handling

Ic5b042f620b10931fedcaf12bb58be2405bf7390

- Remember the flag suppressing special char handling

Ie62a448675ac558ecdeea43da01082712edee35a

- Follow-up to Ie62a4486

Idea7ae599e3a217ad656a304fbae26746d9f3284

Guest 222nobrak

Is it possible to install the fix pack zip, to eliminate this error?

Because I am currently using versions CM7 (targetbsp) of 5 September..

Edited by 222nobrak

Guest targetbsp

I wanted to buy World of Goo for use on a future phone whilst it is cheap due to the rebranding of market to play.

So I edited a build prop to fake the Blade as an ARMv7 Nexus S using various sources on the web

You can download it here: blade.windows98.co.uk/downloads/arm7-build.prop

use root explorer or equivalent

rename your current one in the /system folder

put that in it's place using root explorer

check the permissions are the same as your old one

go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all

wipe data for google framework and market

reboot

start the market app

it will take several minutes for the market to recognise your 'new' phone. The same delay applies when you revert to the blade build.prop

Come up with an easier and more compatible method. Though unfortunately on the last day of the current sale! Excuse the formatiing, I copied this from another site ai posted it on.

Download and install Bluestacks: http://bluestacks.com/

From within Bluestacks, click My Apps and then Appsearch

Search for launcherpro (or your preferred launcher) and install it

Click the home button (bottom centre) and choose launcherpro. There you will find Play Store is pre-installed but hidden from the default launcher. Login with your google account.

Now the Play webstore thinks you have an SGS2 as well as a Blade.

Remember to single click on things in Bluestacks - it is Android, not Windows! It all goes a bit odd if you start double clicking.

Note also that your SGS2 is American which region retsricts some apps (notably EA stuff) and also that you should likley buy the apps from the web based play store rather than bluestacks play app so you are charegd in the correct currency!

Guest _Nuno_

Is it possible to install the fix pack zip, to eliminate this error?

Because I am currently using versions CM7 (targetbsp) of 5 September..

I'm not sure if it's 100% the same as installing targetbsp's builds, but sometimes I install the latest nightly and flash the Adreno Libs from his site (in his signature) and everything seems to work fine!

Guest targetbsp

I'm not sure if it's 100% the same as installing targetbsp's builds, but sometimes I install the latest nightly and flash the Adreno Libs from his site (in his signature) and everything seems to work fine!

Yeah that would end up the same. :)

Guest targetbsp

I didn't really pay attention to that bug but BBC News just put up an article about it. That's pretty serious! Guess I better compile a new version!

Guest matcho13579

I got a serious problem over here:

I'm using a nightly build (20120909). I turned off the phone and when I turned it on, some of the apps just disappeared from my App Drawer (for about 30 apps stored on SD card - no App2SD, no ext4 partitions, just moved to SD). What could cause this?