Original rom for viewpad 7 is needed

Guest Kike1971

Hi. I bought a brand new Viewpad7. I plugged the charger during 5 hours and only appears the red led. It doesn't turn it on at all. I pressed the reset button but nothing. Is there any "master reset secuence"? I see nothing! (no logo, no birds, nothing). It simply does not respond to anything! I have tried all combinations of buttons pressed when reconnecting power or pressing the reset button! Thanks for your help!

Guest LayZeeDK
Hi. I bought a brand new Viewpad7. I plugged the charger during 5 hours and only appears the red led. It doesn't turn it on at all. I pressed the reset button but nothing. Is there any "master reset secuence"? I see nothing! (no logo, no birds, nothing). It simply does not respond to anything! I have tried all combinations of buttons pressed when reconnecting power or pressing the reset button! Thanks for your help!

The power on/off is located just beneath one of the speakers. If you hold it in landscape mode with volume keys up then the power button is on the left side under the speaker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the original dumps, as well as an update.zip that will install the stock firmware via CW recovery. If you don't have CW recovery installed you may be able to do a factory recovery:

Hold down both volume keys.

Press the reset button.

Quickly hold down the power button until you see the birds and 'enter recovery' at the top left hand corner.

Try recovering from the menu.

hey can you send me your original dumps and update.zip or can you upload it

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest GeeJay29

Got the following for European users who want an up to date ROM ; http://www.viewsonic...cle.php?id=1072 which is part of the Viewsonic support site.

Appreciate the link. I've DL'd the update but not installed as yet.

Has anybody else on here installed it and if so, is it worth it or is it just pretty-fication of the previous version?

I've only had my '7' for a few months and it's working well at the moment, I don't want the hassle of updating and re-installing the .apk's, if there is no real benefit.

Thanks in advance guys.