29 Jun: 4.0.0.5 - ClockworkMod Recovery for the LG Optimus 2X

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest djmcnz
I still have problems when i boot to recovery i need to reinsert the SDcard is this normal?

Using recover r1.

Regards

Medman

Thx for this great tool

I have this problem too. But only with Paul's app, when I use the key combo it's fine. Which method are you using to get to recovery?

Guest dw33n
I can't get clockworkMod recovery to install on my 2x. I had to use my girlfriends xp laptop to root my phone as i can't get the drivers to properly install on my windows 7 64 bit pc, but i eventually got it rooted. When i try to run the batch file from the same laptop, with debugging mode enabled, all that happens is a CMD window briefly pops up and then vanishes in seconds.

If i try to install it from my windows 7 pc i get a cmd window saying

Obviously i'd like to get the adb drivers working on my w7 pc but if not getting cwm on my 2x via my sisters pc would be nice :D

I'm getting the same as Arival, CMD window pops up and then hangs saying "adb-windows wait-for-device" I've tried several different computers all with the same result. Running Win7 64-bit on all machines.

Guest roni-in
adb reboot recovery doesn't work on the 2X.

What did it say when flashing after the psneuter error?

P

it resumed with:

adb-windows wait-for-device

adb-widnows push clockworkmod.img /data/local/ (works)

shell dd if=/data/local/clockworkmod.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

9084+0 records in

9084+0 records out

4651008 bytes transferred

What to do?

Why is it that the O2x has so much trouble recognizing the SDCard in CWM and in the OS after booting? If i soft-reboot with the app into CWM it never recognizes my SDCard first time. The same problem appears often after I boot android that it doesn't see my SDCard, after taking it out and putting it back it sees it and starts scanning.

I've seen some other people with a similar issue, so what can we do about it?

Guest kruppin
Why is it that the O2x has so much trouble recognizing the SDCard in CWM and in the OS after booting? If i soft-reboot with the app into CWM it never recognizes my SDCard first time. The same problem appears often after I boot android that it doesn't see my SDCard, after taking it out and putting it back it sees it and starts scanning.

I've seen some other people with a similar issue, so what can we do about it?

I'm having the exact same problem, but it just started with Fr6 or 7 I think. Gone to recovery alot of times, worked everytime till I got Fr6, then it got badword. :D

Guest roni-in
it resumed with:

adb-windows wait-for-device

adb-widnows push clockworkmod.img /data/local/ (works)

shell dd if=/data/local/clockworkmod.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

9084+0 records in

9084+0 records out

4651008 bytes transferred

What to do?

Any ideas? I tried anything to get into recovery mode...not working for me :-(

do you need any additional information to help me?

THX

Guest IBTECH

I having problem restoring to my stock nandroid backup.

The restore finishes fine (no errors) but the device gets stuck on the LG logo. i assume the issue is with stock only supporting ETX3 while Paul's MCR converts the system to EXT4.

I am running the latest recovery so i assume it would support both.

Here is what i did in details, maybe someone can help:

- Installed the latest recovery image from this thread.

- Did a nandroid backup of my stock firmware.

- wiped and flashed fr7 MCR. the device booted just fine.

- Did a a nandroid backup of fr7

- wiped and tried to restore back to stock. getting stuck at the LG logo.

Any idea?

Guest IBTECH
Use the EXT3 revert package posted in this forum.

P

Thanks! found it and will try!

Maybe you can post this in the OP for future reference for other people?

Guest Riemen
Any ideas? I tried anything to get into recovery mode...not working for me :-(

do you need any additional information to help me?

THX

Same for me. What am I doing wrong?

O2X is rooted and USB-debugging is on.

D:\Tobias\Desktop\3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco>adb-windows push psneuter /d

ata/local/psneuter

cannot stat 'psneuter': No such file or directory

D:\Tobias\Desktop\3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco>adb-windows shell chmod 4755

/data/local/psneuter

Unable to chmod /data/local/psneuter: No such file or directory

D:\Tobias\Desktop\3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco>adb-windows shell /data/loca

l/psneuter

/data/local/psneuter: not found

D:\Tobias\Desktop\3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco>adb-windows wait-for-device

D:\Tobias\Desktop\3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco>adb-windows push clockworkmo

d.img /data/local/

1931 KB/s (4651008 bytes in 2.351s)

D:\Tobias\Desktop\3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco>adb-windows shell dd if=/dat

a/local/clockworkmod.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

9084+0 records in

9084+0 records out

4651008 bytes transferred in 2.831 secs (1642885 bytes/sec)

When I reboot my device with holding volume down and power, I see a android bot with a bag and after that it is resetted to factory defaults...

Anyone can help me?

Edited by Riemen

Guest djmcnz
Same for me. What am I doing wrong?

O2X is rooted and USB-debugging is on.

When I reboot my device with holding volume down and power, I see a android bot with a bag and after that it is resetted to factory defaults...

Anyone can help me?

Hold pwr and vol_dwn UNTIL recovery.

Search.

Guest Riemen
Hold pwr and vol_dwn UNTIL recovery.

Search.

If I hold them longer, the device constantly reboots, alternately showing the bot and the LG Logo.

I also tried the 'LG 2X Recovery Boot' Application from the market. It says rebooting to recovery mode, but nothing happens, so i think the flashing procedure went wrong.

I already tried to search for this, but didn't get any useful answer. If there is one already, could you please point me the right direction?

EDIT: There seems to be something strange with this psneuter file. I could see it in my archiver-program, but it didn't unzip it athough I checked unzip all files.

After that I unzipped only this file and it seemed to work. After adding it to the right folder, I get the following message:

C:\modaco>adb-windows push psneuter /data/local/psneuter

* daemon not running. starting it now *

* daemon started successfully *

1718 KB/s (557962 bytes in 0.317s)

C:\modaco>adb-windows shell chmod 4755 /data/local/psneuter

C:\modaco>adb-windows shell /data/local/psneuter

mmap() failed. Operation not permitted

C:\modaco>adb-windows wait-for-device

C:\modaco>adb-windows push clockworkmod.img /data/local/

1955 KB/s (4651008 bytes in 2.323s)

C:\modaco>adb-windows shell dd if=/data/local/clockworkmod.img of=/dev/block/mmc

blk0p7

9084+0 records in

9084+0 records out

4651008 bytes transferred in 3.386 secs (1373599 bytes/sec)

Still booting to recovery mode doesn't work...

Edited by Riemen

Guest djmcnz
If I hold them longer, the device constantly reboots, alternately showing the bot and the LG Logo.

I also tried the 'LG 2X Recovery Boot' Application from the market. It says rebooting to recovery mode, but nothing happens, so i think the flashing procedure went wrong.

I already tried to search for this, but didn't get any useful answer. If there is one already, could you please point me the right direction?

Okay.

Nvflash back to stock

Install Paul's recovery (will root for you)

Load custom rom

Advise us

Guest Riemen
Okay.

Nvflash back to stock

Install Paul's recovery (will root for you)

Load custom rom

Advise us

No need to. Tried again and now it worked. Thanks anyway.

Guest Arival
What does Device manager say?

Is the Usb drivers installed properly(No Yellow/red Exclamation marks)?

On my w7 pc theres a yellow exclamation mark next to the adb drivers, on my gf's laptop it says everything is fine.

Guest Arival
I'm getting the same as Arival, CMD window pops up and then hangs saying "adb-windows wait-for-device" I've tried several different computers all with the same result. Running Win7 64-bit on all machines.

Do the adb drivers work for anyone on w7 64bit?

Is my problem on the xp machine because I used superoneclick to root before running this tool? I figured I'd need to be rooted before I did anything else :-s

Guest o2mike

Hi Paul, thanks for your great work. I really would like to install this and try your custom ROMs but there is one question I have.

Launching Recovery

To boot ClockworkMod Recovery, either:

[*]Turn the device on while holding the volume down and power buttons until recovery loads

[*]Download the OPTIONAL 99p 'LG 2X Recovery Boot' application from the Android Market (NOTE: This app is completely optional - if you do use it, thanks for your support - there is a discussion topic for the app here)

Can this possibly bring the effect discussed in the following link?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1013157

Guest scuj1

Any reason why when running in Terminal

/Volumes/NO\ NAME/3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco/chmod +x install-clockworkmod-mac.sh

I get

-bash: /Volumes/NO NAME/3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco/chmod: No such file or directory

When it's there! B)

Edit: Managed to 'cd' the directory, then re-done, then get this

MacBook:3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco John$ ./install-clockworkmod-mac.sh
1120 KB/s (557962 bytes in 0.486s)
property service neutered.
killing adbd. (should restart in a second or two)
Johns-MacBook:3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco John$[/codebox]

When I turn off, then on, holding vol down and power, just boots into the LG logo then the box with arrow and just repeats until I let go. I then end up with my 2X in factory settings.

Edit 2: Having just lost 2 hours of my life, maybe an idea to say this needs to be run from the internal SD and not external! Arrrrrrgh :D

Edited by scuj1

Guest yong hong

Hi,

i am having some issues with CWM recovery for my LG optimus 2x.

Phone details:

Baseband

1035.21_20110315

Kernel:

2.6.32.9-dirty

Build:

FRG83G

Version:

V10a

I have downloaded FR8 with FR9 preview options both signed and unsigned.

Booted into recovery.

But I get this error message:

E: can't open /sdcard/070411-1918-Fr8-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-939d95489dd1b69681533788f80a28ee.zip (bad)

installation aborted

tried on another SD card. Same problem.

Reinstalled CWM recovery. Also same issue. Wiped data and did a factory reset as well. Does not work.

interestingly, I am able to backup/restore.

Help pls!!! Really want to try the custom rom.

EDIT: Managed to flash to fr9. It seems strange. But it finally worked after I downloaded the baked Rom directly on my phone instead of my desktop . Thanks Paul!

Yong Hong

Edited by yong hong

Paul, could you comment on the Wipe Battery Stats option, does it actually work? It doesn't really give any output suggesting it did.

For the people reporting they get horrible battery life, it might be worth mentioning again (especially for the newcomers) that it helps flashing new roms with the battery at 100%. So I guess if you don't, it helps to charge it later on and wipe the stats manually to make sure it has the same effect.

Guest Arival
No idea, i'll have a look into it. I read somewhere that you should flash with full battery too...

P

Paul, do you have any suggestions for myself and other 64 bit windows 7 users who can't get the adb drivers to work, and do you have any idea why the install file doesn't appear to be doing anything for me on the XP laptop? Is it because i used superoneclick to root?

Guest ermacwins

Also I cant flash some zip files i.e. wavesecure it says somthing like:error status (0) and it gives error when trying to wipe dalvik cache something about cant find memory card