29 Jun: 4.0.0.5 - ClockworkMod Recovery for the LG Optimus 2X

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Aricci
Corrupt zip file, redownload.

P

Hi Paul,

I have the same problem as yong hong. recooked a new rom 2 times but still getting same error. any other ideas?

Guest dw33n
Do the adb drivers work for anyone on w7 64bit?

Is my problem on the xp machine because I used superoneclick to root before running this tool? I figured I'd need to be rooted before I did anything else :-s

Hey Arival, I had the same problem as you. And have found a way for it to work.

What I did was that I connected the USB cable directly into the back of my computer in one of the USB ports directly connected to the mainboard. I used the front USB panel before. And now it works.

You might also have more luck with:

http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how-to-se...ndroid-devices/

It tells you to install the Android SDK and gives you a couple other usefull links.

Guest Lucky-Strike

First I tried to boot in recovery by pressing Vol Down+Power... Well it simply wiped the phone, reset to factory, it didn't boot in CWM. Thank got I had a quite recent backup.

Then I tried with your app, worked perfectly. Thx !

Guest reidar.ostrem
No idea, i'll have a look into it. I read somewhere that you should flash with full battery too...

P

That would be great! Just a little feedback in CWM that the /data/system/batterystats.bin file has been deleted.

Guest yong hong
Hi Paul,

I have the same problem as yong hong. recooked a new rom 2 times but still getting same error. any other ideas?

Hi, I managed to solve the problem by downloading the baked Rom straight to the device. Using file manager I moved it into my external Sd card and it works!

Yong Hong

Guest space79
Hi, I managed to solve the problem by downloading the baked Rom straight to the device. Using file manager I moved it into my external Sd card and it works!

Yong Hong

r1 doesnt work for me...?! all MCRs ill flash gonna into bootloop. i didnt have a beta 3 any longer, could someone reup this version that i can verify this issue plz?

Guest Foetsie

Great Stuff!

I just don't get it why CWM doesn't wipe my internal card. I try every wipe/format of the data & cache in CWM, but after a rom flash all junk data and even photo's are still there. Does this mean there is probably also still junk in the system folder from previous rom? (i came from stock, therefore I want to wipe)

Guest Arival
Hey Arival, I had the same problem as you. And have found a way for it to work.

What I did was that I connected the USB cable directly into the back of my computer in one of the USB ports directly connected to the mainboard. I used the front USB panel before. And now it works.

You might also have more luck with:

http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how-to-se...ndroid-devices/

It tells you to install the Android SDK and gives you a couple other usefull links.

Thanks a lot, i was already plugged into the back of my pc but one of the links i found in there for LG drivers worked :)

Guest Aricci

I solved my problem it was all about external sd :s

I have another question i see peole talking about "NANDROID". I see no option like that in CMR.

only this:

-reboot sytem now

-apply update from sd card

-wipe data/factory reset

-wipe cache partition

-install zip from sd card

-backup and restore

-mount and storage

-advanced

-power off

any idea?? ( lol i know its a noob question :))

Guest aMpeX
I solved my problem it was all about external sd :s

I have another question i see peole talking about "NANDROID". I see no option like that in CMR.

only this:

-reboot sytem now

-apply update from sd card

-wipe data/factory reset

-wipe cache partition

-install zip from sd card

-backup and restore

-mount and storage

-advanced

-power off

any idea?? ( lol i know its a noob question :))

you realize one of them says "Backup & Restore" ? :) No offense intended

Guest deeotee

Hey you all,

since I'm new here let me just say: It's just awesome how much information people can compress into one single thread! :)

Second: I already posted this on XDA, but up until now no one could help me. However, I'm looking forward to your replies to my problem. So here it goes:

I fear I might need some help with CWM...

I am doing all this on a relatively new MBP... so here is what I do:

First of all I 'cd' to the directory containing the files (in my case 'cd /Users/xyz/Documents/Clockwork')

Second: 'chmod +x install-clockworkmod-mac.sh' (without ') – Enter

(nothing happens in the Terminal)

Third: './install-clockworkmod-mac.sh' – Enter

1029 KB/s (557962 bytes in 0.529s)

1284 KB/s (4651008 bytes in 3.536s)

9084+0 records in

9084+0 records out

4651008 bytes transferred in 2.447 secs (1900697 bytes/sec)

Now, this didn't change the things I hoped it would change.

I can't boot into recovery with either of the two method (I purchased Paul's app, both of them actually – keep up the good work!)

What I noticed though: When I factory-reset the device, on first boot-up I get this orange "android" text, followed by the screen of Paul's recovery-boot-app... then it boots into normal LG's stock android.

Did anyone else do it on a Mac?

Help is very much appreciated :)

Thanks,

deeotee

/edit: Another question that popped up: How would I be able to reverse CWM? So go back to Stock as a whole?

Edited by deeotee

Guest djmcnz
Paul, could you comment on the Wipe Battery Stats option, does it actually work? It doesn't really give any output suggesting it did.

For the people reporting they get horrible battery life, it might be worth mentioning again (especially for the newcomers) that it helps flashing new roms with the battery at 100%. So I guess if you don't, it helps to charge it later on and wipe the stats manually to make sure it has the same effect.

No, it doesn't work:

I:Checking for extendedcommand...

I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...

Guest space79

paul, there must be something wrong in r1.

if i use beta3 to flash roms from you, all will be fine.

if i use r1 - everytime a flash results in a bootloop...

crazy stuff...

Edited by space79

Guest Arival

For some reason CWM doesn't recognise my 32gb sdcard - it just says 'Can't mount /sdcard' whenever i try to backup, and something similar when i try to mount it in the advanced menu. It works fine with my old 8gb one though . I've tried formatting again through android, and formatting/ partitioning in cwm. Does it just not support cards of that size or something?

Guest djmcnz
For some reason CWM doesn't recognise my 32gb sdcard - it just says 'Can't mount /sdcard' whenever i try to backup, and something similar when i try to mount it in the advanced menu. It works fine with my old 8gb one though . I've tried formatting again through android, and formatting/ partitioning in cwm. Does it just not support cards of that size or something?

How are you booting to recovery?

Edited by djmcnz

Guest djmcnz
Using Paul's recovery application.

I have the same problem, see that thread and add your support.

I fix it by powering off the phone then booting to recovery by holding down power+vol_dwn until recovery starts. Please report back.

Guest Arival
I have the same problem, see that thread and add your support.

I fix it by powering off the phone then booting to recovery by holding down power+vol_dwn until recovery starts. Please report back.

I can't find that thread but will give it a go once I'm home -cheers :)

Guest aMpeX
Now, this didn't change the things I hoped it would change.

I can't boot into recovery with either of the two method (I purchased Paul's app, both of them actually – keep up the good work!)

What I noticed though: When I factory-reset the device, on first boot-up I get this orange "android" text, followed by the screen of Paul's recovery-boot-app... then it boots into normal LG's stock android.

/edit: Another question that popped up: How would I be able to reverse CWM? So go back to Stock as a whole?

Just to be sure (as this happened to me once also): You need to release both buttons once the orange "A N D R O I D" letters show up.

About reversing CWM: Paul has posted a stock recovery image which can (ironically) applied via CWM to revert to stock recovery. Just search this forum and you'll find it.

Cheers

aMpeX