29 Jun: 4.0.0.5 - ClockworkMod Recovery for the LG Optimus 2X

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ermacwins
WTF Paul. I just bought and installed '2X Recovery Boot' and wanted to boot in Recovery and nothing more happens. The Phone does not boot anymore. The LG-Logo pops up for a second and then black screen. Help?

It is not possible to boot in recovery.

Dangerous piece of software. The phone seems completely broken.

/EDiT: I rescued my phone with NVFlash Stock ROM. Everything fine again. But I will never use your App. Any chance to get my money back?

I'm guessing you didn't install clockwork recovery first did you?

Also Rom Manager has been updated and supports the LG Optimus 2X and T-Mobile G2X :)

Guest Squidinker

Guys, quick help for a moron (me) please.

I'm rooted, running FR12 (until I get my new SD), I have recovery installed and get to it easily either through Paul's recovery app or ROM Manager - both of which I bought.

Thing is I can't get to it from the phone when it's off - I hold down power and vol. down and it sticks on "S/W Upgrade Please wait while upgrading" and I have to remove the battery to reboot normally.

As I say - moron - could someone help said moron figure out what he's doing wrong please?

Thx :)

Guest djmcnz
Guys, quick help for a moron (me) please.

I'm rooted, running FR12 (until I get my new SD), I have recovery installed and get to it easily either through Paul's recovery app or ROM Manager - both of which I bought.

Thing is I can't get to it from the phone when it's off - I hold down power and vol. down and it sticks on "S/W Upgrade Please wait while upgrading" and I have to remove the battery to reboot normally.

As I say - moron - could someone help said moron figure out what he's doing wrong please?

Thx :)

Hold down the buttons and don't release them until recovery appears...

Guest derEremit

i just installed rom manager and it says i should install clockworkmod recovery. Even though i already installed it with the instructions from this post. If i install it will this replace the clockworkmod and settings /backup etc?

Guest derEremit

ok thanks for the fast response, but what version of clockworkmod recovery will then be installed? I mean, isnt this version in this thread the best for this phone? And why can't rommanager check that it's already installed

Guest Rusty!

ROM Manager's version of CMR is newer than the version in this thread (3.0.2.8 vs 3.0.1.4) so it advises you to update. ROM Manager's version has working USB mounting as well, which is handy.

Guest MeX_DK
ROM Manager's version of CMR is newer than the version in this thread (3.0.2.8 vs 3.0.1.4) so it advises you to update. ROM Manager's version has working USB mounting as well, which is handy.

I would think Paul would update this thread in the event that there is a newer version available of CWM. Or at least I would hope as much.

Guest MeX_DK
I would think Paul would update this thread in the event that there is a newer version available of CWM. Or at least I would hope as much.

Paul any update on this by the way?

Guest Rusty!

I assume Paul would update the thread when there is a newer version of his CWR, whereas the ROM Manager one is the 'official' build, which isn't anything to do with him really.

Guest MeX_DK
I assume Paul would update the thread when there is a newer version of his CWR, whereas the ROM Manager one is the 'official' build, which isn't anything to do with him really.

And I got CWM already, and Rom Manager claims I dont have CWM installed >_<. Botched anyone?

Guest MeX_DK
If memory serves, ROM Manager can be dopey. If it isn't used to flash the recovery, it assumes you're still stock.

Thats not really clever :mellow:. But I guess I should try to install CWM through that then and hope things wont badword up.

Guest L10nH34Rt

The thing is, that when Paul rooted the O2X there wasn't any recovery out for this device. So he "hacked" a version of CWR to work with O2X until an official one came out. Now that the official is out, this version is obsolete. Simple as that. :mellow:

edit: Also that's why ROM Manager doesn't recognise the Paul's hacked recovery as a Clockwork one...

Edited by L10nH34Rt

Guest djmcnz

It's only obsolete when there's a standalone alternative.

Is there a flashable version of CWM for the O2x other than Paul's? Link please.

For those of us that think ROM Manager sucks big time.

Guest L10nH34Rt
It's only obsolete when there's a standalone alternative.

Is there a flashable version of CWM for the O2x other than Paul's? Link please.

For those of us that think ROM Manager sucks big time.

No. You flash this and then replace it with Rom Manager's :mellow:

Guest L10nH34Rt
Exactly, so it's not obsolete.

I did not mean that its useless. But those of us that have already rooted our phones, should really upgrade to the latest CWR cause of features mentioned in an earlier post. :mellow:

I said obsolete version not obsolete method of rooting :o

Guest Maesty
Here you go, 3.0.2.8 "standalone"

http://db.tt/jeA5JSo

i cant update my cwr yo 3.0.2.8 by using rom manager, i currently have pauls version.

so how do i install this standalone, do i just flash it using the old cwr or how is this done?