11 Nov: SmartFlash stock baseband release: 1035.21_20110725 (V20l version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest temasek

actually u don't need to wipe the cache. And regarding he procedure, after u smartflash, make sure u start the phone it at least once, then restore nandroid. Usually u don't need to get the RIL again, because as far as i know nandroid backup doesn't backup RIL. But if using LG GetRIL and u get wrong RIL, u can always download and install RIL through this app. Mine is fine using this procedure. I didn't do any wipes.

Nandroid backup does backup your ril as the ril is residing in /system/lib. So if u are restoring a nandroid backup, you will restore the ril in that backup too.

Fyi

Guest fifi139

Nandroid backup does backup your ril as the ril is residing in /system/lib. So if u are restoring a nandroid backup, you will restore the ril in that backup too.

Fyi

strange thing is, after i smartflashed and nandroid restored, RIL version stayed the same. In fact i was testing 614 from 622 (fr19), i smartflashed 614, then restored, it stayed 614 i/o 622. hmmm... then i used LG GetRIL to install 725 RIL, then I flashed 725 BB, restored nandroid (which was 614), and LG Get RIL and LG RIL version showed my RIL is still 725. MD5 checksum also confirms it is 725. That means, restoring nandroid didn't touch the RIL?

Guest el_Charlie

Fyi

I was aware of that, thanks!

My phone is working fine so far with the new BB and RIL.

Although, I think I'll flash the complete 10d and restore my data partition of my nandroid and my backup of the internal SD. I'll do that tomorrow.

Cheers!

Try to delete the SmartFlash.ini file. Remember to open SmartFlash BEFORE you plug-in the phone! This solution has worked for some!

And if you're still wondering about these forums, just think that you never even got this far as getting an error, you would have been stuck with you PERFECTLY working LG STOCK ROM!

Thanks for the reply, but the device i was working on is back to TMo and I have a replacement.

I am pretty sure I did what you suggested a number of times. Again, it restored the AP.bin file, but just would not do the CP.bin file.

Guest el_Charlie

I don't know if this is the right place but after using the 725 Baseband and then after upgrading the whole firmware to 10d (with its 725 BB, too) I'm experiencing some problems with WiFi.

It disconnects sometimes and other times when I turn the screen on I get low WiFi signal and then it boosts to maximum signal and get internet access. My router is on the same room as my phone and I should always get high coverage.

Does this has something to do with the Baseband????

Cheers!

Guest fifi139

I don't know if this is the right place but after using the 725 Baseband and then after upgrading the whole firmware to 10d (with its 725 BB, too) I'm experiencing some problems with WiFi.

It disconnects sometimes and other times when I turn the screen on I get low WiFi signal and then it boosts to maximum signal and get internet access. My router is on the same room as my phone and I should always get high coverage.

Cheers!

Not sure, I believe it has something to do with RIL. It's actually trying to save power. I experience low WIFI signal (though never disconnected) when phone is sleeping w/o downloading anything. But after it wakes up in a few sec it's normal again. But then again, I also use Automatic Memory Killer which also tweaks battery usage.

Guest el_Charlie

Not sure, I believe it has something to do with RIL. It's actually trying to save power. I experience low WIFI signal (though never disconnected) when phone is sleeping w/o downloading anything. But after it wakes up in a few sec it's normal again. But then again, I also use Automatic Memory Killer which also tweaks battery usage.

Exactly,

The low wifi signal is only when the phone is sleeping but it results on missing whatsapp messages / emails or anything else that needs data connection.

I set the wifi policy to never but it doesn't help on anything.

Cheers!

Cheers!

I don't think it is the baseband.

From my earlier posts, you can see that I had a totally fried baseband (on my G2X thanks to the LG Updater). I could not connect to the network, but WiFi only worked fine. Just couldn't leave the house with it - lol.

Guest deep750

Does anyone have any experience with the 725 BB/RIL regarding batterylife?

I upgraded a week ago, but also to a new kernel, and im experiencing lower batterylife (at least it feels like) than when I was on 622. Im unsure if it has to do with 622 vs 725 or with the new kernel.

Any experiences, good or bad, regarding the battery life would be nice

Guest pfueldner

Does anyone have any experience with the 725 BB/RIL regarding batterylife?

I upgraded a week ago, but also to a new kernel, and im experiencing lower batterylife (at least it feels like) than when I was on 622. Im unsure if it has to do with 622 vs 725 or with the new kernel.

Any experiences, good or bad, regarding the battery life would be nice

My experience with 725 BB/RIL is actually negative regarding battery life. With my normal use, I could not get more than 18-20 hrs, while on 530 I could get around 30-36 hrs with the same use. I'm now trying 622 to see how this one goes.

Guest el_Charlie

My experience with 725 BB/RIL is actually negative regarding battery life. With my normal use, I could not get more than 18-20 hrs, while on 530 I could get around 30-36 hrs with the same use. I'm now trying 622 to see how this one goes.

Totally agree with you.

I can see hoy the battery drains with this BB. With the 622 I had better battery life and no wifi disconnects.

How should I downgrade consdering I have a kernel that converted my partitions to EXT4???

Cheers!

Guest deep750

Totally agree with you.

I can see hoy the battery drains with this BB. With the 622 I had better battery life and no wifi disconnects.

How should I downgrade consdering I have a kernel that converted my partitions to EXT4???

Cheers!

I don't think baseband will interfere with partition type (ext3 or 4) - can someone please confirm this?

I have figured out that it is the mobile data that drains the battery....it can use as much as 30% in an hour - while im not using the phone at all...and the phone gets real warm when the mobile data connection is active. Guess this has to do with BB725

Edited by deep750

Guest deep750

I have made a log, so that any usage of the device causing battery use is shown:

mobile internet enabled

1258 - 100%

1301-1312 - phone call, when finished 96%

1313 - 95%

1403 - 74% - disabled internet when checking status

1418 - 74%

1418-1426 - phone call, when finished 71%

1440 - 71 %

post-912336-0-85525100-1313760112_thumb.

Guest el_Charlie

Thanks for your replies!

I will dowgrade soon and then restore my nandroid and change the RIL using the app.

622 was a great BB for me although someone on XDA is using 405 because it works best for him.

Thanks again guys.

Cheers!

Guest yusuf00786

To use P990 flash to flash this baseband:

• Download the utility file below
  • Download the driver file below
  • Download the baseband file below
  • Run the SmartFlashTool_P990.exe application on your PC
  • Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume down - you should see a software update message on screen and the COM port should be filled automatically in the flash application below after installing the drivers if required.
  • Select the 'ROM Copy D/L' tab
  • Ensure 'Normal Mode' is selected
  • Ensure 'Erase CAL' is NOT selected
  • Click the browse button next to 'CP Bin:' and select the baseband (FLS) file
  • Click 'Start' and wait for the flash to complete ..........................

Hi Dev, I followed the complete instruction of yours but still get on a LG boot logo thats it nothing else, need some help here, Actually i am very new to this Amazing world of android.... i am confused actually in your instruction " Click the browse button next to 'CP Bin:' and select the baseband (FLS) file

Click 'Start' and wait for the flash to complete .......................... "

Am i missing something here i downloaded the baseband 1035.21_20110622, but there is also an AP BIN : _______________ . WHAT DOES this means, cause i got Download complete but after i start my phone i only get LG logo..

Need some help here.

Rgds,

Yusuf00786

Guest lgandroid1

now completely fadeup......... tried several times but not able to start my phone i just get the LG logo pls some body assist me here,

Try restoring your nandroid backup and and flashing the rom your backup was created from after restore. Or just flash some new rom after flashing baseband. Do not fiddle with that AP BIN stuff, i have no idea what it does, and it is not needed here.

Guest Muppchan

ok having a few issues here.

trying to updated baseband to 0725 and getting an issues with having no network and no battery indicator.

any one getting the same or have any ideas?

Guest mankian

occasionally when I reboot the radio doesnt initialise straight away. no battery level, no signal and baseband "unknown" but if i just leave the phone a minute or two it finally comes up...

thats running 725... and it doesnt bother me much!

Guest Muppchan

occasionally when I reboot the radio doesnt initialise straight away. no battery level, no signal and baseband "unknown" but if i just leave the phone a minute or two it finally comes up...

thats running 725... and it doesnt bother me much!

mmm odd. roled back to 622 and gave up, checked it later and it was working... might try that with 725.