11 Nov: SmartFlash stock baseband release: 1035.21_20110725 (V20l version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Squide

I'm using Gr2 with 0725BB

the same things happened with no signal on restart after flashing the 0725RIL

roll back to 0622RIL with 0725BB, no problem at all. I guess it may be the kernel of Gr2 can not work with 0725RIL correctly.

The baseband itself is fine.

Hi. Is anyone else getting this error when trying to download anything from this thread (and the custom LG Optimus 2x Rom thread)?

"HTTP 404 - Object Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server."

To use P990 flash to flash this baseband:

• Download the utility file below
  • Download the driver file below
  • Download the baseband file below
  • Run the SmartFlashTool_P990.exe application on your PC
  • Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume down - you should see a software update message on screen and the COM port should be filled automatically in the flash application below after installing the drivers if required.
  • Select the 'ROM Copy D/L' tab
  • Ensure 'Normal Mode' is selected
  • Ensure 'Erase CAL' is NOT selected
  • Click the browse button next to 'CP Bin:' and select the baseband (FLS) file
  • Click 'Start' and wait for the flash to complete ..........................

Hi Dev, I followed the complete instruction of yours but still get on a LG boot logo thats it nothing else, need some help here, Actually i am very new to this Amazing world of android.... i am confused actually in your instruction " Click the browse button next to 'CP Bin:' and select the baseband (FLS) file

Click 'Start' and wait for the flash to complete .......................... "

Am i missing something here i downloaded the baseband 1035.21_20110622, but there is also an AP BIN : _______________ . WHAT DOES this means, cause i got Download complete but after i start my phone i only get LG logo..

Need some help here.

Rgds,

Yusuf00786

The AP.bin file is the ROM. If you are only interested is the baseband - only flash the CP.bin file exactly per the instructions.

Did the Smartflash complete the flashing of the CP.bin file?

If it did, and you still can't get past the bootloop - then you might also try flashing the AP.bin file. This will restore you to a clean ROM and possibly get you out of the bootloop.

If it does not, then you might try Paul's "dissaster recovery" tool - I am sure that will do it. Search this forum for it - easy to find.

I'm still a bit confused about the whole flashing scene.

If I do this baseband update, it will totally wipe my phone, including internal SD.

- What will I be left with? Will the phone boot up on completion? Seeing as it is a complete wipe, there would be no ROM left?

- What about external SD? Leave it in the phone during update? Will it be affected?

Should I add a .zip-file containing a ROM on an external SD and install it via CWM after update? Or will CWM be wiped aswell?

What's the logical next two or three steps after updating the baseband with this method?

Guest el_Charlie

I'm still a bit confused about the whole flashing scene.

If I do this baseband update, it will totally wipe my phone, including internal SD.

- What will I be left with? Will the phone boot up on completion? Seeing as it is a complete wipe, there would be no ROM left?

- What about external SD? Leave it in the phone during update? Will it be affected?

Should I add a .zip-file containing a ROM on an external SD and install it via CWM after update? Or will CWM be wiped aswell?

What's the logical next two or three steps after updating the baseband with this method?

It won't wipe your internal SD. Just the data partition. The phone boots but you'll have to set up everything like a factory reset.

I have flashed few basebands and my internal SD never gets wiped. Just copy it's contents to your computer to be sure.

Cheers!

Guest arrediabo

I am unable to use SmartFlash! I have used it a couple a days back, when returning to a stock ROM.

Now i was trying to move to a ROM based on the new GB leak (v20c) and the app crashes. This is what appears on details:

Nome do Evento de Problema: APPCRASH

Nome da aplicação: SmartFlashTool_P990.exe

Versão da aplicação: 1.0.0.1

Carimbo de Data/Hora da Aplicação: 4d147ee7

Nome do Módulo com Falhas: genericdll.dll

Versão do Módulo com Falhas: 1.0.0.1

Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo com Falhas: 4d147ee1

Código de excepção: c0000005

Desvio de Excepção: 000095a2

Versão do SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

ID de Região: 2070

Informações Adicionais 1: 9d1a

Informações Adicionais 2: 9d1ae1d3907c324ea1e211345b7b036d

Informações Adicionais 3: e4f2

Informações Adicionais 4: e4f2a23e160ae460ab6477f1135dd1b4

Anyone knows what went wrong?

Drivers are OK

Guest arrediabo

Erm, you don't flash custom ROMs via Smartflash, you do them via recovery like every other phone out here. Smartflash is for stock .bin/.fls files only.

Yeah, i know, but i wanted to change Baseband (from 0725 to v20c) in order to flash a custom ROM via Clockwork.

No problem what so ever about flashing ROMs. and previously i had no problem with flashing firmware. But now, either the app crashes or this appears:

00:00.0 Sec :Download Start...

00:02.6 Sec :RomBinary Download start

00:02.7 Sec :PSI RAM writing start

00:12.7 Sec :Timeout error is occured

00:12.7 Sec :error!

Have tried different cord and different USBs with no luck

What you've just said makes no sense. You can't change from 725 to v20c because one is a baseband and one is a ROM.

Neither of which you need to change to flash something from ClockworkMod. Stop trying this before something goes horribly wrong.

Guest arrediabo

What you've just said makes no sense. You can't change from 725 to v20c because one is a baseband and one is a ROM.

Neither of which you need to change to flash something from ClockworkMod. Stop trying this before something goes horribly wrong.

I'm quite the noob, I know, but bare with me for a moment please.

I understand the difference between baseband and ROM. some ROMs require a specific baseband and i'm trying to change baseband with smartflash, before i switch ROMs.

LGP990AT-00-V10d-NEU-XXX-JUL-25-2011+0_CP.fls is the baseband i have and that i flashed with smartflash a couple of days back. I flashed it along with the stock ROM LGP990AT-00-V10d-NEU-XXX-JUL-25-2011+0_AP.bin

LGP990AT-00-V20c-EUR-XX-AUG-02-2011+0_CP.fls is the baseband i'm trying to move to.

I'm trying to change baseband because it is what is instructed by the ROM creator.

That should be no problem then, that's the 802 baseband for future reference, their versions are dates.

You don't have to change it though, if you're stuck just install the ROM anyway.

Guest Stryke69

It won't wipe your internal SD. Just the data partition. The phone boots but you'll have to set up everything like a factory reset.

I have flashed few basebands and my internal SD never gets wiped. Just copy it's contents to your computer to be sure.

Cheers!

You don't need to set up everything after flashing it. Simply do a nandroid backup before, install the baseband with smartflash and then just restore the backup ;)

Guest Anil K Solanki

Hi, I tried to Flash a newer base band. So I followed the instructions in Paul's original post.

Unfortunately I had an error and the flash never started. I have attached some screenshots. Any advice or help would be appreciated, I'm a Macintosh user, so I only fire up Win 7 when the need arises. But I'm pretty sure I have done everything correctly.

I'm currently running Cyanogenmod N127. And my current base band is 0405. I tried to Flash BB 0725, when that failed I tried 0622. Each time I made an attempt to flash, I launched the SmartFlash first and the connected the phone with battery out, whilst holding the volume down button.

error_8c1f.GIFerror2_2274.GIF

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anil.

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest parthabhatta

Hi, I tried to Flash a newer base band. So I followed the instructions in Paul's original post.

Unfortunately I had an error and the flash never started. I have attached some screenshots. Any advice or help would be appreciated, I'm a Macintosh user, so I only fire up Win 7 when the need arises. But I'm pretty sure I have done everything correctly.

I'm currently running Cyanogenmod N127. And my current base band is 0405. I tried to Flash BB 0725, when that failed I tried 0622. Each time I made an attempt to flash, I launched the SmartFlash first and the connected the phone with battery out, whilst holding the volume down button.

Anil.

Hi Anil,

Flashing the baseband is really an uncertain job and there is no surety that it can be successfully flashed in one go as per my BB flashing experience. Moreover, I never found anything in the web highlighting on why this time out error occurs while flashing BB through SmartFlash. Only way is to go on trying and at one point of time it will successfully flash the BB. May be its some sync problem with the Smartflash drivers - Not sure though. This is the reason I always think thrice while flashing BB and make sure that I have two three hours at my disposal.

Good Luck for successful flashing.

Guest Anil K Solanki

Hi Anil,

Flashing the baseband is really an uncertain job and there is no surety that it can be successfully flashed in one go as per my BB flashing experience. Moreover, I never found anything in the web highlighting on why this time out error occurs while flashing BB through SmartFlash. Only way is to go on trying and at one point of time it will successfully flash the BB. May be its some sync problem with the Smartflash drivers - Not sure though. This is the reason I always think thrice while flashing BB and make sure that I have two three hours at my disposal.

Good Luck for successful flashing.

Hi parthabhatta,

Many thanks for your response, and your insights. So, SmartFlash is temperamental. Damn, I don't have a few hours to waste. The only reason I'm trying a newer base band is because my O2X uses a heck of a lot of battery power in "Mobile Standby". Considerably more than my previous ZTE Blade.

Blade; O2X;

screenshot-1314446904334_af4a.gifscreenshot-1316365998690_0e5a.gif

I appreciate I need to run the O2X for a more comparable amount of time to really compare the stats. But my O2X with the 0405 base band simply uses more power for the cellular radio.

Again, many thanks. Anil.

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest el_Charlie

error_8c1f.GIFerror2_2274.GIF

Anil.

Well, first, make sure you're using bootcamp natively and not through a VM like Parallels o VMware because it's risky as hell.

Second, when you plug the phone while holding Vol- wait a copuple of seconds before releasing the Vol- key. Then, when Smartflash detects the phone, don't click start right away and wait about 4 or 5 seconds. Then the flashing process will go without problems.

If you still get timeout error, click start again WITHOUT disconnecting the phone and restarting the proceess again.

I faced myself that timeout error before and it worked after the retry.

I also don't know why Paul advises to remove the battery before the flash. I just turn the phone off and wait until the touch buttons go off and then press Vol- and insert the USB cable until the "Software upgrade" message appears. Using that procedure I have used Smartflash to flash many BB/roms and my O2X is still alive.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Guest Anil K Solanki

Well, first, make sure you're using bootcamp natively and not through a VM like Parallels o VMware because it's risky as hell.

Second, when you plug the phone while holding Vol- wait a copuple of seconds before releasing the Vol- key. Then, when Smartflash detects the phone, don't click start right away and wait about 4 or 5 seconds. Then the flashing process will go without problems.

If you still get timeout error, click start again WITHOUT disconnecting the phone and restarting the proceess again.

I faced myself that timeout error before and it worked after the retry.

I also don't know why Paul advises to remove the battery before the flash. I just turn the phone off and wait until the touch buttons go off and then press Vol- and insert the USB cable until the "Software upgrade" message appears. Using that procedure I have used Smartflash to flash many BB/roms and my O2X is still alive.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

HI el_Charlie, many thanks for your reply. I'm using a Hackintosh, so I pop in my Win 7 HD and boot natively, so no worries there.

I will try your sugestion's, fingers crossed, it will work. Again many thanks.

Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest Anil K Solanki

Hi el_Charlie, I just tried your suggestions and I'm afraid none of them worked. I said to my girlfriend I'll just be 15 mins while I try a suggestion from another member. 45 mins later, no joy. I even rolled back Win 7 a few weeks before see if that "might" do some voodoo magic, no such luck.

Perhaps I will install XP on a spare HD and give that a try?

Anyway thanks. Anil.

Guest Anil K Solanki

SUCCESS!

After much head scratching and trying different suggestions. The one that worked for me first time, was, wait for it.... Use the USB port on the back of your computer, and not one from a USB header! So simple! I hope this is successful for other users with issues flashing base bands with SmartFlash.

Phwew. Thank god that is done, just updated thr RIL file too with über handy, and free app GetRIL.

My sincere thanks to everyone that helped. Anil.

Guest el_Charlie

SUCCESS!

After much head scratching and trying different suggestions. The one that worked for me first time, was, wait for it.... Use the USB port on the back of your computer, and not one from a USB header! So simple! I hope this is successful for other users with issues flashing base bands with SmartFlash.

Phwew. Thank god that is done, just updated thr RIL file too with über handy, and free app GetRIL.

My sincere thanks to everyone that helped. Anil.

Yes, beware of flashing anything on the front USB ports.

The first day I got my 2x I ran LG software update and the phone never booted after the flash. I had to download the ROM via SmartFlash (the longest waiting I ever had because I thought I bricked my phone for good) and then I used the ports on the back. Then, my phone lived!

Cheers!

Guest Anil K Solanki

Sounds like you're doing everything right, the settings all look fine.

Might be worth trying updated drivers, these are the newest I've found: http://www.mediafire.com/file/duatvev8441cvq8/LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN34AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.4.exe

Hi Rusty, my issue was solved by using the USB port on the rear of the computer, instead of the USB port on the front, which are normally connected to a USB header. I think Paul should stipulate in his first post only to use the USB ports at the rear. Because it would seem quite a few members have the issue I did, for the very same reason.

Thanks. Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest Anil K Solanki

Must vary by motherboard, I've used fronts and rears to do mine :)

I appreciate MoBo's vary, but the USB ports at the rear will always work right? So why not err on the side of caution? If Paul had I would have saved nearly three hours scratching my head & messing around with drivers in Win 7. Thankfully I found the solution over on XDA.

Thanks. Anil