11 Nov: SmartFlash stock baseband release: 1035.21_20110725 (V20l version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stefing

Does the Gingerbread baseband 622 require the same RIL as the standard 622 baseband?

EDIT: sorry, I've seen your earlier comment, I understand the RIL is already baked into the recent alpha and not available separately / suitable for anything else?

Edited by Stefing

Guest kuronow

Hi i just came here to see if you can tell me if there is a diference from this FW with the baseband and RIL of the firmware in this post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15679715&postcount=17

this is the firmware for a P990H wich is the device i have, and is from Latin America, so as some of you can know phones from america and europe have diferent chips

i currently have on my phone 1035.21_20110602 as baseband, and have the RIL 622 , my 3G is not working so well as i wish... i hope you can help me, or help another O2x from america in general :P. Thanks in advance

Guest gaww1

I'm please to make the latest (*at time of writing) LG 2X baseband release available for your use in SmartFlash format. You can check your current baseband in your device's 'About' page.

Please note that you use this at your own risk!

Installing this file WILL fully wipe your device, including the Internal SD. Back up!

SmartFlash for P990 is for use on Windows PCs.

To use P990 flash to flash this baseband:

• Download the utility file below
  • Download the driver file below
  • Download the baseband file below
  • Run the SmartFlashTool_P990.exe application on your PC
  • Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume down - you should see a software update message on screen and the COM port should be filled automatically in the flash application below after installing the drivers if required.
  • Select the 'ROM Copy D/L' tab
  • Ensure 'Normal Mode' is selected
  • Ensure 'Erase CAL' is NOT selected
  • Click the browse button next to 'CP Bin:' and select the baseband (FLS) file
  • Click 'Start' and wait for the flash to complete

The all important files...

Paul - when I try to flash ROM with SmartFlash, it starts up but errors with "can't read magic number".

What is it looking for?

Guest flyingdog77

Guys,

I installed GR2, works great, smoth and fast.. the only big big issue... battery drain is back and I can't hook on H network anymore, only 3G with a continuous flap G-3G (I believe the reason for the draining)... I tried both basebands, 622 and 622v20a (gb) ... same story.. I'll try to ask for a new sim car and in the while I must go back to 622 with fr19. do you have any clue?

Guest flyingdog77

Guys,

I installed GR2, works great, smoth and fast.. the only big big issue... battery drain is back and I can't hook on H network anymore, only 3G with a continuous flap G-3G (I believe the reason for the draining)... I tried both basebands, 622 and 622v20a (gb) ... same story.. I'll try to ask for a new sim car and in the while I must go back to 622 with fr19. do you have any clue?

sorry wrong place to post, going to post to the right thread

Guest gaww1

Paul - when I try to flash ROM with SmartFlash, it starts up but errors with "can't read magic number".

What is it looking for?

This is a pretty basic question about a very frequently encountered problem without any response here (ditto at XDA).

It make me wonder sometimes just what is the purpose of these forums.

Guest NiTroZiK

there is a way for flash baseband without using usb port? like from recovery....

i have problem with that port ,and i can't no more connect my device to my pc.....

any idea?

Guest iSlash75

A question, put the 0622 jai GB but I want to go 2.2.2, and when I run smartFlash to put the old 0622, I'm not update, the LG boot loop on the LG logo, you know why? ?

Well it had to come from the Rom as I handed the MluI and gr2 smartFlash is ok

Edited by iSlash75

• 2 weeks later...
Guest burp2001

Hi paul,

I just installed the new baseband release (going from stock) and now there is this very annoying LG logo in the middle of the screen 'flickering'..

Doesn't seem normal?

Guest NiTroZiK

there is a way for flash baseband without using usb port? like from recovery....

i have problem with that port ,and i can't no more connect my device to my pc.....

any idea?

Someone?

Hi paul,

I just installed the new baseband release (going from stock) and now there is this very annoying LG logo in the middle of the screen 'flickering'..

Doesn't seem normal?

I had that issue too first time the phone rebooted after the flash. After wiping cache and restoring a nandroid backup the problem went away, but it was still a rather weird and worrying bug when it happened.

Guest el_Charlie

Guys, I'm new here but I now I couple of things about my new O2X, however I still have some doubts about the BB.

I have stock 10c with CWM Recovery on my External (physical) microSD. I already made a backup.

When I flash this BB I know it will wipe my device (maybe the internal SD). If I restore the nandroid backup after the flash process it will be ok??? The baseband will stay on the phone???

I can also make a backup of the internal SD content.

Another question, what about the RIL??? If I restore my nandroid the RIL will be old. What should I do????

Please someone anser my questions. I can follow instructions very well.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Guest DarthD

Just flashed 725 but the phone doesnt see the simcard anymore.

going to try 622 again to see if simcard shows up

edit!: :S now smartflash gives an error got to figure out what to do now

im on FR19 and the third time i started smartflash it seems to be working. keeping fingerscrossed that with 622 i will see the sim again

sim ok with 622 and i think i found the problem.

Dumb me inserted the sim wrong i thinkrolleyes.gif

flashing 725 again and see what will happen

edit2: yep sim works again on 725 and im impressed damn that gps fix is fast

Edited by DarthD

This is a pretty basic question about a very frequently encountered problem without any response here (ditto at XDA).

It make me wonder sometimes just what is the purpose of these forums.

Try to delete the SmartFlash.ini file. Remember to open SmartFlash BEFORE you plug-in the phone! This solution has worked for some!

And if you're still wondering about these forums, just think that you never even got this far as getting an error, you would have been stuck with you PERFECTLY working LG STOCK ROM!

Guest el_Charlie

For RIL, use the LG Get RIL. You can download it from Android Market. Or follow this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1187681

I know about the GetRIL, I already got it.

But what about the wipe of the internal SD. I have CWM installed on my physical microSD.

So the procedure is the following:

1. Backup my internal SD and make a nandoid on my external SD.

2. Flash the new BB with SmartFlash.

3. Skip the setup to activate mass storage and restore my internal SD's content.

4. Restore my nandroid completely (or just System and data???)

5. Use GetRIL to download the new RIL

Is that procedure correct?????

Please correct me if I'm mistaken on some step. I know what to do but I'm afraid to brick my phone again (I got it bricked using LG updater. Had to use SmartFlash to bring it back).

Thanks again in advance.

Cheers!

I'm having troubles with the 725 baseband and 725 ril! The baseband works fine, but after I install the Ril it works fine until I reboot my phone! after that the baseband becomes "Uknown" and there's no signal anymore! Then i flash the rom again and it works, with the 622 GB leak Ril!

Guest el_Charlie

Great news!

Nobody answered me about the proper procedure but I flashed the new BB anyway!

The flash didn't wipe my internal and external SD's. So, I restore all my nandroid and wiped cache after the restore just to be sure about the LG logo flickering or something.

Then I used GetRIL to download the 725 RIL, rebooted and everything's fine!!

Thanks anyway!!!

Greetings from Venezuela!

Cheers!

Guest fifi139

Great news!

Nobody answered me about the proper procedure but I flashed the new BB anyway!

The flash didn't wipe my internal and external SD's. So, I restore all my nandroid and wiped cache after the restore just to be sure about the LG logo flickering or something.

Then I used GetRIL to download the 725 RIL, rebooted and everything's fine!!

Thanks anyway!!!

Greetings from Venezuela!

Cheers!

actually u don't need to wipe the cache. And regarding he procedure, after u smartflash, make sure u start the phone it at least once, then restore nandroid. Usually u don't need to get the RIL again, because as far as i know nandroid backup doesn't backup RIL. But if using LG GetRIL and u get wrong RIL, u can always download and install RIL through this app. Mine is fine using this procedure. I didn't do any wipes.