[HOWTO]Change the digitizer screen (ZTE Blade)

Guest Goots

Guest mamboboy

I think you get a faulty replacement. Thats normal, from 10 are 3 faulty. Ask you seller for a new one. I buy only from mpas (ebay).

For some reason the eBayer sent me two replacements. One yesterday which didn't work, and then I received another today. I wasn't even going to bother trying it , assuming my phone was just dying... but it works! So I guess you were right about them being faulty digitizers :)

Thanks for the help.

Edited by mamboboy

• 2 weeks later...

Guys plz help me, I have written 2 posts and no help so far. I'm really lost here and the worst part was that my phone WAS FINE until I had that stupid idea of cleaning the dust between display and screen ^_^^_^:angry:

Guest invizus_

Thank you everyone for reading and posting in this thread. But this is very important.

Long story short:

Last year I already replaced my digitizer and everything went fine, this year I broke my touchscreen again.

So I ordered a new digitizer from the same seller on ebay, but this time I received a different one (see picture).

r8VjM.jpg

Please note that metalic frame. The problem is that I can't fit my display in. I am afraid that even if I will fit my screen somehow, later it would be a problem removing it. Does anyone know something about this? Please answer, if yes. Thank you.

Also, seller finally responded to my message and will send me a new one.

Edited by invizus_

Guest invizus_

Isnt that the whole front fascia? So just plug it in and screw it?

fascia what?

If I understood what, then.. Check photo in first post, mine received item differs from:

-item (photo) in first post

-item I received last year

-mine original which came with phone (refurbished though)

Item on photo in my post looks different, it has metalic frame inside, so I can't insert TFT display inside easily and close/screw phone. Maybe I am doing it wrong, or maybe there is different versions of digitizers/or whatever you call it? Maybe that item I received now actually is bad item?

Thank you.

Edited by invizus_

Guest shakerist

fascia what?

If I understood what, then.. Look on the first post, mine received item differs from

-mine original

-item I received last year

-item (photo) in first post

Item on photo on my post looks different, it has metalic frame inside, so I can't insert TFT display inside and close/screw phone. Maybe I am doing it wrong, or maybe there is different versions of digitizers/or whatever you call it? Or is that item i received now actually bad?

Thank you.

What you have there is the whole front cover with the digitiser so u just plug into motherboard and screw it on.

Guest invizus_

What you have there is the whole front cover with the digitiser so u just plug into motherboard and screw it on.

I can't, display just wouldn't fit inside easily. Should I push hard? What if I brake display/motherboard/something else, or I wouldn't be able to remove display out of digitizer later?

Are you sure you know what you are talking, you saw this type of digitizer with front cover earlier?

Thank you.

Edited by invizus_

Guest shakerist

I can't, display just wouldn't fit easily. Should I push hard? What if I brake display/motherboard/something else, or I wouldn't be able to remove display out of digitizer later?

Are you sure you know what you are talking, you saw this type of digitizer with front cover earlier?

Thank you.

When I was replacing my black case for a white one i had to remove digitizer, here is a video of me removing digitiser from black front crover so I can put onto white one

watch this video for how to learn how to take apart your phone

Guest Sluysen

I received my new display, installed it the proper way and now the phone does not start. It's like the backlight goes on for about 10 seconds (same for the button lights) and then off again.

Battery is not completely dead, hence it is charging (green light)

It worked when i disassembled it, so why not now :s

So far I only get a the backlight, screen stays black (phone is switched on)

Edited by Sluysen

Guest Sluysen

It wasn't perfect, now my phone is working like a charm (except i left some dirt on the screen while installing but meh, rather have a fixed phone for 15€ than a new one for 140€)

@invizus around the display is a metal frame that's easy to remove, maybe with that new item, you have 2 of these frames (1 in the frontcover like on the photo, and 1 around your display)

The inside of my digitizer was foamy around the edges.

The best way I found was to use a couple of screen protectors. Stick one on and smooth it out, then pull it off. Do the same again.

Yes, it means you waste a couple of SP's (they are very cheap on ebay) but they're great at lifting dust particles off the inside of the screen.

I also use this method for applying an SP to the touchscreen. A bit of wastage, but worth it in the long run imho :)

Edited by Goots

Guest shakerist

The best way I found was to use a couple of screen protectors. Stick one on and smooth it out, then pull it off. Do the same again.

Yes, it means you waste a couple of SP's (they are very cheap on ebay) but they're great at lifting dust particles off the inside of the screen.

I also use this method for applying an SP to the touchscreen. A bit of wastage, but worth it in the long run imho :)

Sticky tape is also good