28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest maedox
Just a side note: as far as I know the voltage regulator (max8907), that is a chip external to the Tegra2 chip controlled through I2C, is UNABLE to generate any voltage lower than 770mV; so even if you configure pimp my cpu for lower voltages at the end the chip will be feed with a higher voltage (770mV).

I did not know that. That might explain why very low voltages for 500 and 300 MHz seem perfectly stable. :P

Guest withoutwings
I must have a good chip then. It is perfectly stable since around 5 pm yesterday. I've now lowered all frequencies to -100 mV. :P Let's see how that goes. CPU test in PMC runs nicely.

-100mV here for all of mine appears to be fine too! Thanks for the tip! :rolleyes:

Guest Paul

Kitchen updated! :P

P

Changelog

20 May Fr18 Beta 1

• More Dialer battery saving changes
  • LGU660 (Korean 2X) boot animation added to kitchen

Guest Squide
Kitchen updated! :P

P

Changelog

20 May Fr18 Beta 1

• More Dialer battery saving changes
  • LGU660 (Korean 2X) boot animation added to kitchen

Are we suggested to update the baseband for using it?

Guest Paul
Are we suggested to update the baseband for using it?

I always try and run the latest baseband, but the Korean baseband is NOT issue free for everyone...

P

Guest tamere22

Thanks Paul for your work.

I used my phone with standard LG ROM with no problems, I used FR15 since 2 weeks and very happy.

Now running FR17, and I guess all will go fine. :rolleyes:

The only issue I got is I lost some default wallpapers from stock to FR15 (my lovely NY city by night is gone :P )

Also, to let you know, I didn't test with stock rom, but with FR15 and my car music system (kenwood bt-50U) the phone works very nice as far as I tested it.

Edit : Looking at post above, I have a question :

I never updated my baseband, the only thing I did is flash FR15 then FR17. Do I need to flash baseband?

Since I have no call sound quality issue, I'm not sure this would worth it, but I want to know what you think about it guys.

My FR17 baseband says : 1035.21_20110405

Edited by tamere22

Guest predator_ITA
I always try and run the latest baseband, but the Korean baseband is NOT issue free for everyone...

P

Paul, i can use the Spanish version of the baseband ? (from 10c stock firmware)

Edited by predator_ITA

Guest tamere22
-100mV here for all of mine appears to be fine too! Thanks for the tip! :rolleyes:

When I select -100mv, the phone reboots. I guess it's too much undervoltage for my cpu :P

edit -75mv not stable too <_<

Anyway, some strange thing, I use "Power tutor" to monitor power consumption, and when I set clock @ 300Mhz -50mV and I run stress CPU, phone eats about 200mW (say powertutor) but if I lock freq to 1Ghz default voltage, consumption is the same, arround 200mW

You guys know Powertutor? Is it accurate ?

Edited by tamere22

Guest clesenne

Hi,

thanks a lot for this fantastic ROM. Fr18 works very smoothly.

Some questions and comments. Apologies if they've been asked before.

• The clock has disappeared from the right-hand side of the notification/status bar when using the Gingerbread theme.
  • Would it be possible to make the kitchen scriptable? Or save the options somehow? I have a hard time remembering all the options that I used for my previous builds.
  • Having a decent bash by default would be nice.

Thanks again,

C

Guest djpalmis
Just a side note: as far as I know the voltage regulator (max8907), that is a chip external to the Tegra2 chip controlled through I2C, is UNABLE to generate any voltage lower than 770mV; so even if you configure pimp my cpu for lower voltages at the end the chip will be feed with a higher voltage (770mV).

LOL!

Why did you unveil it?!

I like to see people that belives that their mobile is a PC.. :P

Guest clesenne
You selected the wrong option in the last section.... that's why the clock has gone...

What do you mean? I intentionally selected the Gingerbread theme in the last section to see what it looks like.

C

Guest aaww

Now that Paul did a classic mistake and tried to pleas us all. this thread became full of battery and OC posts.

We have a new Thread for battery issues right here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...iscussion-here/

Now its time to make another one for OC just to keep this one clean

and here it is:

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...nd-all-related/

lets keep it clean people.

Guest tmirage
What do you mean? I intentionally selected the Gingerbread theme in the last section to see what it looks like.

C

if you do that you have to select different options for the layout.

Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (STOCK or Gingerbread Style ROMs) installed

Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (Vanilla Style ROMs) installed to /system

i think you went wrong on one of these options by selecting the gingerbread theme but not changing this selection to reflect to the gingerbread theme.

Guest orlox

Had one restart while charging... could it be the 80c the cpu got from oc it at 1200? :-p

Damn i could boil an egg or smthing

Guest aaww
Had one restart while charging... could it be the 80c the cpu got from oc it at 1200? :-p

Damn i could boil an egg or smthing

this high temp can actually damage your phone.

dont play around with OC if you dont know what you are doing and please post OC issues in the new thread for OC.