28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MillyMoo
Hmmm got the APK of the LG hidden menu? I really need to get the GPS working >< the only way is thru the hidden menu

here they are. just use adb to push them to system/app

I think you only need the HiddenMenu.apk and the LocMgrPD.apk but included 2 others incase

hiddenmenu.rar

Guest eisdrachen

FR18 freezes during statusbar dropdown, again and again... Thought that would might be the Sense HD Theme but I was wrong. With SPB Shell 3D it freezes too

Guest soundsk

Try wiping, worked for everyone else with the same problem.

FR18 freezes during statusbar dropdown, again and again... Thought that would might be the Sense HD Theme but I was wrong. With SPB Shell 3D it freezes too

Guest okdac

Hi all,

thx Paul for all the hard work.

Just to let you know that in FR18, Call settings menu is in english (despite french language selected...) no harm don't worry.

Edited by okdac

Guest Ferry Liemanto
Just installed FR18, notice that brightness setting is gray, the brightness seems set to max, is anyone having this problem?

just bake using FR17, and the problem still there, wonder if it's because something i done when choosing option in my bake?

the brightness setting and screen time out is gray

have done full wipe & clear dalvik cache, problem still there

edit: add screen capture

2011-05-20163419-resize.png

Edited by Ferry Liemanto

Guest vestelar

Ok, I surrender!! I try everything and with no apps too. What is the last Modaco version without the battery "dialer" issue and where I can download? Thanks!

Guest RotoTrol_P990
Changelog
  • Remove USB debugging sound and persistent notification
  • Add option to include 'old' non oc/uv kernel

Just as a side note: the option to select the 'old' kernel is not present in the kitchen! :P

Guest d-droid
Wiping don'T work for me @FR18, tried dalvik and cachepartition wipe. Fullwiping shouldn't be an option...

Get a backup with Titanium Backup and a full wipe is no problem any more. Sometimes that happends although it "shouldn't", I had to fullwipe when going from 16 to 17 but that's all part of flashing ROM's that are still in development.

Guest ilos

I've a problem with twitter login: twitter official client, sismic, tweetcaster have the same issue : login unauthorized

no issue like that with stock rom. Maybe a problem with apn , but i can't edit them...and that has no effect if i select one of them

Condition :

full wipe

fresh flash of MCR FR18 , boot , only twitter install => login unauthorized

( same issue with fr17 )

French provider Bouyguestelecom

Edited by ilos

Guest ODIN679

Google sms doesnt FC the phone but it also does not send the mms.

Although handsent sms can send mms's with no problem!!

Guest d-droid
I've a problem with twitter login: twitter official client, sismic, tweetcaster have the same issue : login unauthorized

no issue like that with stock rom. Maybe a problem with apn , but i can't edit them...and that has no effect if i select one of them

Condition :

full wipe

fresh flash of MCR FR18 , boot , only twitter install => login unauthorized

( same issue with fr17 )

French provider Bouyguestelecom

Check your date settings.

Guest hsasshofer
Hi all,

thx Paul for all the hard work.

Just to let you know that in FR18, Call settings menu is in english (despite french language selected...) no harm don't worry.

Also German now has a few English texts, no problem, but just to mention it. Still nice ROM for me... Thanks.

HS

Guest Clone519
here they are. just use adb to push them to system/app

I think you only need the HiddenMenu.apk and the LocMgrPD.apk but included 2 others incase

Thanks :P hmmm in what sequence must i adb push them, and what does the other 2 do?

Guest Paul

Update!

P

Changelog

20 May Fr18 Beta 2

• Remove USB debugging sound and persistent notification
  • Add option to include 'old' non oc/uv kernel
  • Reverted Beta 1 dialer changes (should fix a number of issues)
  • Updated lge-ril to a new version (previously unseen MD5 from Spanish release)

Guest MeX_DK
Changelog

20 May Fr18 Beta 2

• Updated lge-ril to a new version (previously unseen MD5 from Spanish release)

Is that compatible with the 502 baseband that was leaked before, and is it possible to get it, for those of us that are not running MCR, but rather are sticking with stock and flashing the "smaller" bits :P?

Guest immhayoung

LG Optimus 2X feature like 8 MP Camera with 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, Secondary camera 1.3 MP with Android OS, FM with RDS and Push email.

Guest Ferry Liemanto
just bake using FR17, and the problem still there, wonder if it's because something i done when choosing option in my bake?

the brightness setting and screen time out is gray

have done full wipe & clear dalvik cache, problem still there

edit: add screen capture

2011-05-20163419-resize.png

Found out that because no sim card attached when flashing the ROM, after placing a sim card and flashing once again, that problem is gone

Guest bswpt
No, it will work fine with 405.

P

Hi Paul, just to make sure: a) the updated ril will work with baseband 0405? b)if i updated to korean baseband 0205, then the updated ril makes even more sense?

Edited by bswpt

Guest d-droid
thanks that was the date :rolleyes:

sorry...

No reason to be sorry, be happy your problem was fixed :P

Edited by d-droid

Guest aaww

My phone died after ending a phone call.

I pressed the red end key, then the phone just froze and all i got was a black screen.

I have waited for 10 min but still there was no response to anything. just a black screen.

I had to pull out the battery.

There is no OC/UV on the phone right now and i don't use any special apps. i just have the default bake and have angry birrds rio and k-9 mail client.

I have tested this again after a reboot and it was all good.

I hope this will not happen again.

Anybody with similar issue ?

Guest Trym Hansen

The Google e-mail client seems to lack some localizations. (I can't use the LG-email one, as it won't allow multiple corporate accounts and push-mail doesn't work).

I've tested with some random languages from the phone menu:

Norwegian - Not localized, neither "nb" nor "no"

Danish - Not localized

German - Localized

Spanish - Localized

Icelandic - Not localized

Italian - Localized

French - Localized

Finnish - Not localized.

Turkish - Not localized

Polish - Not localized.

Somebody mentioned that the google dialer and contacts aren't localized for them either, so I assume the same applies there. These components seem targeted at the western-european region only.

Edit: Or is it called the central-european region? I really don't know. Anyway, you get the point.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen