28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest zippyioa
So , I believe it's just my phones problem then.

I just checked on mine and the IMEI comes up as soon as I enter *#06# - no need to dial.

Guest Edy Dj

I've just flashing this ROM Fr17 to my O2X, but suddenly my 3G didn't work, I can call out and receive the phone, even messaging is find with me, but I can't use internet anymore.

When I check my APN, it's stated "APN disabled", even on my status, Mobile network state connected.

Can someone help me on this.

Thanks.

Guest jambezuk
I've just flashing this ROM Fr17 to my O2X, but suddenly my 3G didn't work, I can call out and receive the phone, even messaging is find with me, but I can't use internet anymore.

When I check my APN, it's stated "APN disabled", even on my status, Mobile network state connected.

Can someone help me on this.

Thanks.

If it's messing about... try deleting all the caches in CWM and could even reflash on top.

A little overkill but should get it working again. (If it doesn't try just restarting ;))

Guest Edy Dj
If it's messing about... try deleting all the caches in CWM and could even reflash on top.

A little overkill but should get it working again. (If it doesn't try just restarting ;))

Thanks for your reply,

I've tried your suggestion, deleting caches in CWM and reflash the ROM, but I still find my APN Disabled, and I could even edit it. I know the problem is in the APN, but how to rectify it? is it a bug?

Guest EdaNgeL8

hello Paul...i just tested a new rom from Noejn!i found that his kernel is really very compatimble with better battery consumption..!i used your FR17 for about 2 weeks..!my main problem was the battery drain..!i found that on modego's rom the battery is like on stock froyo..!i lost 2% in 8 hours overnight..!playing games for an hour and browsing some minutes and some calls and sms texting i lost in 5 hours 22%!!really impresive..!maybe you can ask him what he did if its kernel related..!maybe he can help you a lot..!he is nice guy!i wish you good luck..love your roms and i hope to see soon an update!thanks a lot...!

Guest jambezuk
Thanks for your reply,

I've tried your suggestion, deleting caches in CWM and reflash the ROM, but I still find my APN Disabled, and I could even edit it. I know the problem is in the APN, but how to rectify it? is it a bug?

Have you tried making a new APN yourself (from scratch)? I remember first time I used CM7 for example it had 'my APN' disabled but I just hit menu>add apn and type the details in a new one. You can usually find the apn details online for your provider.

Guest Edy Dj
Have you tried making a new APN yourself (from scratch)? I remember first time I used CM7 for example it had 'my APN' disabled but I just hit menu>add apn and type the details in a new one. You can usually find the apn details online for your provider.

Yes, I have tried to make my APN by adding from the edit menu, but when I select the new one that I just made, it didn't work at all, I tried to delete the old one, but it stays there, and still stated APN disabled with all grey buttons (can not be edited).

Guest zippyioa
Yes, I have tried to make my APN by adding from the edit menu, but when I select the new one that I just made, it didn't work at all, I tried to delete the old one, but it stays there, and still stated APN disabled with all grey buttons (can not be edited).

Try apn backup and restore from Android Market... that should allow you to delete everything, then you can manually enter the one you want ;)

Guest jambezuk

Try apn backup and restore from Android Market... that should allow you to delete everything, then you can manually enter the one you want ;)

^try that first as it's different and quick to try... secondly try restarting after you've made your own (maybe even restart - clear the caches then boot up again) My suggestions make me sound like I'm obsessed with wiping cache... I'd say I wasn't but in fairness between that (+ reflash) and a simple reboot most problems I've encountered I been fixed.

Guest johnnydj
Paul: could you look into adding the gingerbread crt screen on/off animation from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1073930 ?

you realize that only 1 person managed to port the animation to Froyo, and it was done on a Xperia 8.

it's is close to impossible and it would take too much time.

no reason to port it, especially since CM7 is now really close to being stable.

Guest sckank
A heads up that all being well I should be back working on this ROM again tomorrow... so if you've got an issue you want me to look at, makes sure it's in THE TRACKER!. ;)

P

I'm basically staring at this thread :-) Paul tell us what's going on please :-)

I'm basically staring at this thread :-) Paul tell us what's going on please :-)

You should follow Pauls advice and read the the thread !

The man is busy with work... Plus there is no point in improving anything with this rom since in a month or 2 we all will be upgrading to 2.3.3 , hopefully 2.3.4.

Cheers

Guest djmcnz
You should follow Pauls advice and read the the thread !

The man is busy with work... Plus there is no point in improving anything with this rom since in a month or 2 we all will be upgrading to 2.3.3 , hopefully 2.3.4.

Cheers

Seriously, try the latest CM nightly - it's totally sweet for daily use and isn't anchored down by LG's laggy software. 2.3.4 now.

Guest CopEater
Seriously, try the latest CM nightly - it's totally sweet for daily use and isn't anchored down by LG's laggy software. 2.3.4 now.

its true, cm runs smooth and stable now, but there are so many things why cm isn´t a real alternative at this time. (no fm-radio, no videocall, gps sucks, ....)

Guest Macheath

djmcnz

This is your opinion. In fact, cm7 is not ready for everyday use!

No stable HDMI 1080p connection!

No gameloft games run properly!

MMS sending buggy!

GPS buggy!

Sometimes SOD!

Sometimes no phone signal!

Not as smooth as Modaco's ROMs...

I think a discussion about cm7 is wrong here, but keep this in mind.

Edited by Macheath

Guest GINTAS111

o2x was my first android phone i didnt understand why so much talking about cm bugs,lags,problems. now Paul doing stable roms nothing to compare with cm.Actually i become little sick from reflashing and run away to sgs2 i gave o2x to my daughter and still in this forum waiting for Pauls new rom its my first and last LG phone really disapointed.Sorry for bad english.

Paul: could you look into adding the gingerbread crt screen on/off animation from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1073930 ?

Why wont you do it yourself and let Paul focus on making the device better instead of playing around with customization ?

There are many different guides online, this is one of them :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1096068

Guest djpalmis

Ehm.. Rumors say that maybe LG will release 2.3.3 in October...

..I have no words.. -.-

Guest CopEater
..I have no words.. -.-

+1

1 thing for sure: i will never ever buy a samsungphone because it looks after 2 month of use, like a 1year old phone.

with my lg and pauls rom i´m happy at this time. there is no need for 2.3.3 or 2.3.4

Ehm.. Rumors say that maybe LG will release 2.3.3 in October...

..I have no words.. -.-

I have only one word that comes to mind but I can't say it due to a large respect for this community and the individuals here.

Mostly I feel upset that LG doesn't care about us at all.

Guest LevelOne

Selling mine tomorrow for a SGSII... Can't take this game that LG is playing against us, not a day longer. I absolutely adore my O2X but i prefer my sanity ;)

Good job LG! You laid your hands on the most hi-tech piece of hardware available and reduced it to... ah whatever.

Paul, thank you for what you've given me so far and hopefully i will come across a kitchen for the SII (although, to be honest, anyone who has played with it even for a few seconds, already knows it is FAST)...

Edited by LevelOne

Guest djmcnz
djmcnz. This is your opinion. In fact, cm7 is not ready for everyday use! No stable HDMI 1080p connection! No gameloft games run properly! MMS sending buggy! GPS buggy! Sometimes SOD! Sometimes no phone signal! Not as smooth as Modaco's ROMs...

Yes, but it's an experienced opinion.

It's not a competition and nothing can be said that discredits Paul's work but we're talking about two different things here. Paul has to work from a really poor base and there are only so many improvements he can make. And although the improvements he has made so far leave me lost for words, any that remain will likely be small. CM7 is real GB (albeit with a Froyo kernel) and uninhibited by the slow LG framework, it has and will continue to improve at a faster pace than any LG based rom now that the fundamentals are sorted.

I've experienced none of the problems you mention in any manner that concerns me and I still recommend, as I did above that people try it. You seem to forget that for many the LG/MCR rom has similar problems to the ones you mention. For users experiencing these it would be a good idea to now try CM7 whereas it was not a good idea a week or more ago.

I do not recommend everybody dumps MCR at all, just that CM7 is certainly now stable enough for everyone to try if they want Gingerbread - and really, who doesn't? It's much better than Froyo. Feel free to come back to MCR, that's a real easy option too.

Peace.