28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Deathmo

Can't wait to test you new Rom Paul.

I hope with some OC the MKV playback gets smoother.

Edited by Deathmo

Guest space79

Found a Bug in Fr18 and before releases...

If I let turn Timeriffic (or "Profiles") my Wifi Off an a desired Time, I have to reboot the Phone if I wish to activate Wifi once again. And if I let the App(s) turn the Wifi on, the LGOS reboots instantly...

So I have to deactivate the Wifi manual and same to turn it on... ;)

----

Is it possible that you add another (I think the Circle is great) Battery on the Not.Bar? I love it to see the percentage of Load....

----

THANK YA MAN!

This isn't a topic for discussion of Fr18 issues as Fr19 is a ground up rebuild from the new ROM.

Currently determining if I can build a EXT4 module to run with the new (source unreleased kernel).

P

Guest mirsadm
This isn't a topic for discussion of Fr18 issues as Fr19 is a ground up rebuild from the new ROM.

Currently determining if I can build a EXT4 module to run with the new (source unreleased kernel).

P

Just a thought - maybe the Korean source has been updated and can be used

Guest redwoodsnemesis

On all earlier versions I have had the issue if I connect my phone to the pc the exchange account can only work while on the same network as the exchange server - not on other networks or on 3g. If phone is not connected to pc no issues with this.

If i want to make exchange work again it has to be deleted - phone rebooted and then account must be added on a network which is not the same as where the exchange server is located.

Edited by redwoodsnemesis

Guest orlox

I know ill be judged hars for this but paul why dont you wait for the source to became available and do something else you d like to do in the meantime? Fr18 is at a very good standing with the exception of some random errors - reboots but they are seldom and propably not repeatable.

I mean whats the point to waste so much time without the source when it will probably released in a week? Correct?

Guest Deathmo
I know ill be judged hars for this but paul why dont you wait for the source to became available and do something else you d like to do in the meantime? Fr18 is at a very good standing with the exception of some random errors - reboots but they are seldom and propably not repeatable.

I mean whats the point to waste so much time without the source when it will probably released in a week? Correct?

Why waist time with the old stuff?

The new leak is way better than the old one.

MKV support and its faster.

Guest oozrafa

Paul if you're building this from the ground up is it possible for you to add RTL support for languages such as Hebrew?

Edited by oozrafa

Guest gonzalesdlx

Is there any chance to just download the mcr14 oc/uv kernel without baking a complete new rom?

thanks

Edited by gonzalesdlx

Guest Froderikus

Hello Paul,

Using Your FR17 and loving it!

Heard about somesound and speaker issues in Baseband 606, 502 seemed to be better.

Have you allready any experiences on that topic. What do you thing.

Greetings,

Frank ;)

So Paul, the issue seems to be that there is a newer kernel and it's not open sourced, so you cannot adjust it for ext4? Any word on any other differences you have found in the newer rom?

Obviously not everything was fixed (Forcing ENG mode)

I wonder if they fixed all the stupid errors and battery issues or just followed your releases and adapted ?

thank you for your grate work and for a different thread for Fr19 as the previous one is polluted with newbies/noobs... ;)

Have a grate day Paul.

Edited by aaww

Guest Raven1

ENG mode = no memory leak and stability fix, og so we need the faster boot time? ;) turning it off would imply a stable version? :P

Hacked together a half decent starting point and i'll upload to a kitchen so I can work on it further. No EXT4 until we get the kernel source sadly, but i've boosted bits I can and i'll gradually merge in all the good features we had in previous releases.

P

Guest kruppin

Today something wierd happend, thought it was the freezing almost everyone is experiencing, but when i pressed the screen, the phone vibrated. But the screen was black. Tried pressing to start music, and the music started. ;) So the phone didn't freeze, the screen just "died". It worked fine after i pulled the battery though. And right before this happend, i couldn't get the wifi to start. :S I'm on FR17. Anyway, this have never happend before and it almost never have frozen either. And the few times it have, it could be becouse of UV.. This time it was stock volt and clock.

Guest jambezuk
Today something wierd happend, thought it was the freezing almost everyone is experiencing, but when i pressed the screen, the phone vibrated. But the screen was black. Tried pressing to start music, and the music started. ;) So the phone didn't freeze, the screen just "died". It worked fine after i pulled the battery though. And right before this happend, i couldn't get the wifi to start. :S I'm on FR17. Anyway, this have never happend before and it almost never have frozen either. And the few times it have, it could be becouse of UV.. This time it was stock volt and clock.

I've experienced the same on both Fr18b2 and CM7 (around #43), both with no OC or UV.

There's some funny little bugs still not fixed, like it you have brightness low, then turn on auto brightness, the camera app uses the low brightness, duh... ;)

P