28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jay_Snake
I have the 'stock lockscreen' and 'sqlite patch' reworked and ready for Beta 2. ;)

Working on some of the other options now.

P

Great news, Paul.

Some other things I;ve tested as well:

Battery Full Popup: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...ery-full-popup/ Working!

Disable USB sound: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056674 Working!

Guest goatee

Thanks again Paul - have you come across the issue with the Google Email app nuking the battery in almost no time (in 4-5 hours, with data turned off, and phone in 2G, lost 85% battery, and Spare Parts showed that Email was in partial wake for all of that time)?

I have the 'stock lockscreen' and 'sqlite patch' reworked and ready for Beta 2. ;)

Working on some of the other options now.

P

Great news, Paul.

Some other things I;ve tested as well:

Battery Full Popup: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...ery-full-popup/ Working!

Disable USB sound: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056674 Working!

Cool. I will reimplement those myself tho, as I want to be 100% of everything that's going into the build to ensure we don't miss any changes LG have made. Quality control. ;)

P

Thanks again Paul - have you come across the issue with the Google Email app nuking the battery in almost no time (in 4-5 hours, with data turned off, and phone in 2G, lost 85% battery, and Spare Parts showed that Email was in partial wake for all of that time)?

I haven't seen this, but in fairness, I don't use the Google Email, I use GMail. It's just the stock Froyo app tho, so it's strange if it's causing big problems? I'll look into it.

P

Guest goatee

I wonder if it was just a quirk? I'm travelling back to the UK today, so didn't want to risk running out of juice, so have simply disabled the account from syncing automatically, but in 30 mins I've lost no charge whatsoever - based on last night's experience, I'd have expected to have lost 5-10% by now.

I would have thought it was just down to deleting batterystats.bin, but for the fact that the phone was warm (battery was showing as 35 degrees) to the touch, which doesn't happen if it's idle.

I haven't seen this, but in fairness, I don't use the Google Email, I use GMail. It's just the stock Froyo app tho, so it's strange if it's causing big problems? I'll look into it.

P

Beta 2 is online!

P

Changelog

Jun 16 Beta 2

• Added stock Google lockscreen options
  • Added SQLite performance patch options
  • Added disable toggle buttons / music controls / both options
  • Added silent camcorder option

I wonder if it was just a quirk? I'm travelling back to the UK today, so didn't want to risk running out of juice, so have simply disabled the account from syncing automatically, but in 30 mins I've lost no charge whatsoever - based on last night's experience, I'd have expected to have lost 5-10% by now.

I would have thought it was just down to deleting batterystats.bin, but for the fact that the phone was warm (battery was showing as 35 degrees) to the touch, which doesn't happen if it's idle.

It does sound like a glitch in the email app!

I'll give it a once over to check nothing is amiss...

P

Guest Fredisco
Have you come across the issue with the Google Email app nuking the battery in almost no time (in 4-5 hours, with data turned off, and phone in 2G, lost 85% battery, and Spare Parts showed that Email was in partial wake for all of that time)?

I've been using Google email and Gmail all morning both on automatic push with wifi mostly but also normal data traffic.. (baseband 606)

Now it's 3 hours later, and battery is at 93%.. And I have been browsing quite a lot as well.

It must be some other thing draining your battery.

Guest Fajar EP
As promised, Beta 2 changes in their component parts - DOWNLOAD

P

hi paul. thank you for the patch, i think you should consider small patch compared than full bake, we got a little quota for internet here ;)

Guest goatee

The point is that wifi & data were off, and I wasn't on push, I was on pull, which suggests that for some reason, when it failed to connect to the mail server. Since disabling automatic syncing an hour ago, my phone is still fully charged, and all other apps are the same (I didn't reboot).

I've been using Google email and Gmail all morning both on automatic push with wifi mostly but also normal data traffic.. (baseband 606)

Now it's 3 hours later, and battery is at 93%.. And I have been browsing quite a lot as well.

It must be some other thing draining your battery.

Guest goatee

I'm not going to get a chance to try it for a couple of days, but I think it's a bit of an edge case that I have an Exchange account, and have data and Wifi off.

Do we have the battery issues in this version?

Guest goatee

Yay - thanks ;). Gives me something to do over the weekend.

At the risk of not having RTFM, is a wipe required to go from B1 to B2?

Beta 2 is online!

P

Changelog

Jun 16 Beta 2

• Added stock Google lockscreen options
  • Added SQLite performance patch options
  • Added disable toggle buttons / music controls / both options
  • Added silent camcorder option

It does sound like a glitch in the email app!

I'll give it a once over to check nothing is amiss...

P

Guest myfluxi

P

Paul, I can confirm this but it's not a special issue of FR19. Usually I have ~48 hours battery life with FR17, WLAN nonstop, surfing, mailing etc.

Google's email app (*) starts behaving badly after some time. It keeps syncing while the device should be in sleep mode (even in airplane mode). If you delete and readd existing email accounts it works for a couple of hours/days, then it starts all over. You can follow it in the detailed battery protcol. Battery life is reduced by over 30% with this issue or even more.

Maybe this issue can be the cause of battery drain for many other devices?

/Edit

Just found these links:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/andr...a2160&hl=en

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15803

* I'd be using K9 but K9 has issues with Exchange server and I like a unified inbox.

Edited by myfluxi

Guest goatee

Wow - thanks for the confirmation. Have you tried using the LG Email application? I tried it, but in one of the earlier FR releases, it kept on forgetting my Exchange account details, and it also annoyed me that it couldn't jump straight into my inbox, which just made it slower.

I only have 2 or 3 folders, but I receive a couple of hundred emails a day into my Exchange (work) account. I can't mark all as read, as I need to actually read them, in case I need to act on them at work(!)

Paul, I can confirm this but it's not a special issue of FR19. Usually I have ~48 hours battery life with FR17, WLAN nonstop, surfing, mailing etc.

Google's email app (*) starts behaving badly after some time. It keeps syncing while the device should be in sleep mode (even in airplane mode). If you delete and readd existing email accounts it works for a couple of hours/days, then it starts all over. You can follow it in the detailed battery protcol. Battery life is reduced by over 30% with this issue or even more.

Maybe this issue can be the cause of battery drain for many other devices?

/Edit

Just found these links:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/andr...a2160&hl=en

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15803

* I'd be using K9 but K9 has issues with Exchange server and I like a unified inbox.

Guest fifi139
that did not work ;) when i made my backup i called it lg stock rom but when chosing restore the file is named after the date i did it and then some numbers , but the phone loads a lot of things and says restore complete?

worst of all now i do not have any recovery option , so now i am realy stock , before i could get modaco to work , but now with no recovery , i do not know what to do

there's one thing you can do: use nvflash or smartflash to flash stock rom. at least now u'll have a working phone. I kinda read somewhere that restoring from CWM 3.0.2 has a bit of problem with boot.img. So usually after restoring it, u need to flash the ROM again.

Guest MeX_DK
there's one thing you can do: use nvflash or smartflash to flash stock rom. at least now u'll have a working phone. I kinda read somewhere that restoring from CWM 3.0.2 has a bit of problem with boot.img. So usually after restoring it, u need to flash the ROM again.

Just get CWM 3.2.0.0 and there is no problems restoring anymore

Guest Jenne81

Hi Paul,

1st of all, thanks for the great work!

I'm coming from Fr18b2 and had vpnc widget running so far (VPN client with XAUTH). In Fr19b2 no TUN device can be found. Are there drivers missing, can you implement them again?

Thanks

Jenne

Guest MeX_DK
Hi Paul,

1st of all, thanks for the great work!

I'm coming from Fr18b2 and had vpnc widget running so far (VPN client with XAUTH). In Fr19b2 no TUN device can be found. Are there drivers missing, can you implement them again?

Thanks

Jenne

And please make tun available to the rest of us as well ;).

Guest Ph4nt0m

I have installed beta 2 and everything seems fine. After installation I usually do a benchamrk too, just for information. I use Antutu benchmark and difference from beta 1 is around 200 points. Now it is 3960, before it was 3750.

Everything is running smooth and without problems so far.

Guest OptimusDav

The phone remains frozen very often with camera app. I guess is for LG Drivers or hardware issues. ;)

Edited by OptimusDav