28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Trym Hansen
Just wondering ... latest Fr19 is based on that one, right ("Rebased with ALL changes from 0622 ROM") ?

It should be, but...

The "unofficial official" 0622 which I think Paul has based MCR on (this is only an assumption, I have no proof of this) showed up in my device with version info (using hidden menu):

LGP990AT-00-V10c-NEU-XXX-JUN-14-2011

while the official update shows:

post-869413-1309801496_thumb.png

This does not mean anything really, other than that LG deemed it necessary to update the build information from 0614. We already know the the basebands from 0614 and 0622 are identical except for the version numbers, so any change they've made must be in the ROM.

This is all speculation of course, I've not taken the trouble to actually binary compare the ROMs.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest nikos92

Guys i am the only one who thinks that the battery was a little bit better on the stock rom?I tried to wipe the battery stats but i did a mistake in my first attempt so i did it again and now i am waiting to complete the calibration procedure (to fully drain the battery and then to charge it full) in order to see what really happens.So what do you think?

Guest blafoo
Guys i am the only one who thinks that the battery was a little bit better on the stock rom?

Yes :) Fr19 RC has the best battery performance of all tested ROMs by me (Stock, Cyanogenmod, Modaco). At the beginning it has been ok but after the first charge and the first night in Flight Mode the performance became fantastic. Without any problems I could reach a 3 day recharge cycle (okay, no games in this case and only low usage). Standby is about ~2 mA at the moment...

blafoo

Guest sethshaw74
I'm very happy with fr19, battery life is now a dream, 20% in 12 hours in standby mode! :)

But I have some problem with the headphone and radio FM:

- the phone doesn't detect insert or remove headphone if it's in standby mode; if I insert the headphone then turn on the phone seem the headphone is not detected, so I have to remove and reinsert then the phone detect it; the same for removing;

- only when I use the radio FM, the volume button has not effect in headphone; the on-screen popup show the volume higher or lower, but the real volume in headphone is the same (very low volume); the problem doesn't affect the other multimedia application in headphone, where the volume goes up and down without problem, nor the phone calling, so is not a broken headphone problem

Someone can reproduce the same problems?

Thanks

+1 I have experienced the same problem with phone not detecting headphones if they are plugged in while idle of fr19. Did not see this with any of the fr18 roms. Not a big issue though.

Guest abwyatt
+1 I have experienced the same problem with phone not detecting headphones if they are plugged in while idle of fr19. Did not see this with any of the fr18 roms. Not a big issue though.

No problem here. Works perfectly.

Guest pitywoman

i hate android one function which is, d mms need to be data enabled. but if data enabled on, d market update etc background all will running and killing all d juice we hav on phone. any idea how to solve this prob?

Guest ciarpame
Standby is about ~2 mA at the moment...

I've battery issues too, after installing FR19 (replacing stock V10b). How do you measure battery discharge in mA?

Guest ciarpame

Duplicate post, sorry, but I cannot find a way to delete it...

Standby is about ~2 mA at the moment...

I have battery issues too, after installing FR19 (I had stock v10b before). How do you measure battery usage in mA?

Edited by ciarpame

Guest Steppo
I have battery issues too, after installing FR19 (I had stock v10b before). How do you measure battery usage in mA?

With Battery Monitor Widget App

Guest federicoc

I have huge battery drain; I'm on BB622 and FR19RC2 coming from a full clean up and 10B NVflash.

Partial wake up shows "Android" and "Phone" high usage.

Probably one of my installed apps is draining but I'm unable to find it. Damn!

F.

Edited by federicoc

Guest ciarpame

I cooked a fr19 rom including LG fonts app but now I'm realizing that I don't need it, if it's just useful to change system fonts (default font is the one I prefer).

So may I freeze it, to save 10MB of memory? I found somewhere a huge list of apk freezable in stock rom but fonts.apk is not included.

Guest jambezuk
I have huge battery drain; I'm on BB622 and FR19RC2 coming from a full clean up and 10B smartflash.

Partial wake up shows "Android" and "Phone" high usage.

Probably one of my installed apps is draining but I'm unable to find it. Damn!

F.

If you go to about phone does it say RC2... I downloaded RC2 very soon after it was released and also experienced high battery use, when I then checked about phone it was actually RC1!!!!

After redownloaded (this time the final release) the battery life is vastly better. I think it would be further improved with a wipe and fresh start but I'm using 40-60% a day with medium to heavy use. My gf's uses about 1% an hour when idle (3g on)

Guest Henrikmand

Baked a new with in FR19 like so many times before.

Now it stops at the LG "loading-bar" screen.

I tried to restore - no luck.

I tried to factory reset - no luck.

Called my phone-pusher and ordered a Sensation :)

Guest ciarpame
Anybody else able to see CoPilot Live Premium Nordics in the Market app?

I was unable to see Copilot Live Premium Italy too, then I realized the I had to set the market language to Italian... try to set your market language accordingly to the version you're trying to buy.

So run, maybe you're still on time to buy at discounted introductory price ;-)

Edited by ciarpame

Guest top4u
Should i update the ril even though i use fr19 modaco rom ??

and where i can find 622 baseband's ril ??thanks b4

anybody know ?? :)

Guest iSlash75

I do not understand the market, all my applications appeared in the market and am restarting the mobile, are more than 8 application that appear in the market when I have 139 applications ...

how to set it?

Guest orlox
I do not understand the market, all my applications appeared in the market and am restarting the mobile, are more than 8 application that appear in the market when I have 139 applications ...

how to set it?

Go to applications

go to market

stop it clear cache data

go to google framework

stop it clear cache data

restart phone

wait 2 minutes

start market

Guest iSlash75
Go to applications

go to market

stop it clear cache data

go to google framework

stop it clear cache data

restart phone

wait 2 minutes

start market

thx it works

Guest Jay_Snake

Paul, did you already take a look at the official release of rom 622? To check if there are any differences between it and the rom 622 you used for Fr19?

Guest nikos92
Paul, did you already take a look at the official release of rom 622? To check if there are any differences between it and the rom 622 you used for Fr19?

Yeah,and is it needed to create an update with the new V10c or V10d that were released recently?...because some say that the battery consumption especially is better..

Guest HaKa69
Baked a new with in FR19 like so many times before.

Now it stops at the LG "loading-bar" screen.

I tried to restore - no luck.

I tried to factory reset - no luck.

Called my phone-pusher and ordered a Sensation :)

I have the same problem, please H E L P !!!