28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest linu30

Did you go back to EXT3?

P

Oh, I'm quite the novice. FR15 is EXT4? :blush:

So, the proper way to try this out would be to download FR19 to sdcard, run EXT3-tool, then install FR19?

If that fails, can I still rollback to FR15, given that I've gone back to EXT3?

Guest ciarpame

I'm having Issues with Viber beta just released on the market.

After booting the first placed call is muted: nothing is heard from both sides. I mean that regular call made with system dialer are failing, not viber ones.

Next calls are ok until next boot. Wrote to support, they replied cannot support custom roms.

With viber you can call and text for free most of your iPhone friends so it would be great if it works. Anyone wants to try?

I'm using fr19 with baseband 622 (the first one available weeks ago, not the very last one) and Google dialer (not the LG one).

Edited by ciarpame

Guest PhilNelwyn

Paul, I had a "black screen of death" today, the second one since I've had my phone, and both on Fr19.

Here's what happened, hoping it helps :

I managed my contacts on Gmail (website), and when it synced on my phone I turned wifi on.

After it was done, I turned wifi and the screen off in a row.

A short time later, I received an sms. When I pressed the power button, the screen remained black.

But I have Button Backlight Alert installed, and set to have the buttons' backlight brighter on notification,

so I noticed that the phone was still functioning, as the buttons' backlight intensity was changing.

Then I tried and swipe up to unlock the screen, and felt the haptic feedback meaning it worked.

It reminded me of a problem with my previous phone having no backlight when rebooting into recovery,

so I looked at the screen under direct light, as I used to do when experiencing this, and then there was sil... errr... ADW.

I was able to swipe screens, so is BSOD just a backlight issue ?

Not really, because I tried and shut the phone off, and after showing LG logo, it got stuck with buttons' backlight on and nothing more.

Something maybe interesting : I removed/replaced the battery and booted, and wifi was still on...

Another issue : about a week ago, my phone suddenly lost sound and landscape mode... a reboot fixed it.

Guest exodian88

Is there a way to hide SIM contacts? I've selected the google contacts/phone dialer in the kitchen but I don't see any option to do that, thank you! Awesome ROM!

Guest Geordie05

I can't see the usual Software Update option under About Phone and I see the following in your ROM changelog "Removed software update client (and patched Settings APK)" so does this mean I won't be able to install the (hopefully imminent) Gingerbread 2.3 update??

Guest PhilNelwyn

I can't see the usual Software Update option under About Phone and I see the following in your ROM changelog "Removed software update client (and patched Settings APK)" so does this mean I won't be able to install the (hopefully imminent) Gingerbread 2.3 update??

This is a custom rom, it needs custom updates.

If you want to update to stock Gingerbread, do it from stock Froyo : nvflash-stock-rom-release-v10b.

But I'm pretty sure it won't come before september.

Is there a way to hide SIM contacts? I've selected the google contacts/phone dialer in the kitchen but I don't see any option to do that, thank you! Awesome ROM!

Go to contacts, "menu", "more", "display options".

Sim should be at the bottom of the list.

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest pearpear

after upgrading to fr19, mobile does not ring after boot up until I dial a call out

all incoming call divert to voice mail directly, no response the on the mobile, but signal is full

Good news: I've compiled up the newly released V10E source and it appears (at first look) to work on Fr19 AND Gr2. So, looks like custom kernels are coming back for the next releases! :)

P

Guest loomy

Good news: I've compiled up the newly released V10E source and it appears (at first look) to work on Fr19 AND Gr2. So, looks like custom kernels are coming back for the next releases! :)

P

Hi Paul,i think you know it ,not only a new kernel is out.Also a new rom is out" New rom HK : http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata...00/V10E_00.kdz

(date : Hong Kong Special Administrative 'Region of China LGP990 AHKG V10e 00_6 2011-07-28)" :)

Can we expect a new Fr19.5 with Ex4 and OC possibilty?

Excuse me my english.

OK, MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) r20 is in the kitchen. Please report back results!

Initial changes are TUN and CIFS modules, EXT4 support (although the boot image is still currently EXT3 at this time) and other minor performance tweaks.

Further optimisations / enhancements etc. will follow if this kernel proves to be fully functional on this ROM. Use at your own risk etc. etc. :)

P

Changelog

28 Jul 21:05

• Added MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) r20 to the kitchen in expert options. This is for testing, please report back results! Initial changes are TUN and CIFS modules, EXT4 support (although the boot image is still currently EXT3 at this time) and other minor performance tweaks.

Thank you Paul !! I wish my LG P990 would be so Speedy as YOU. ;)

Well My hones opinion is...

I don't think a quad core phone will be able to multitask like Our Paul here :)

Guest deep750

You can choose display options; go to contacts --> press menu-button (lower left) --> more --> display options

Untick "sim"

Thanks Paul! i want to know, the new f20 had EX4 support, do i need to do something if i come from EX3 ??

just installed it. seems to run fine. i think it should convert to ext4 for you on first boot.

Guest jon.m.knight

@Paul - is there any way you could make a flashable ZIP for those who just want to update their FR19 with the custom kernel? Or will this break due to the whole ext3/ext4 stuff?

Guest federicoc

As far as I have understood Paul's statements, the new kernel release, at the moment, adds support to EXT4 partitions but it doesn't use them! It means that the partitions remain EXT3. The transition to EXT4 will be done in the near future when the kernel will be considered stable and usable without hassle.

I have used it from yesterday, and so far its really good.

Ciao

F.