28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Korumera
Uh, OK, I just noticed my device date was wrong... corrected it... and now it's obtaining licences! :(

Sorensiim - can you check yours?

P

Mine date was wrong too, it was a month ahead :D. Perhaps something wrong when making a custom ROM? :D

Guest PatSend

Just cooked my own version after purchasing the membership. Your work is just so great, Paul!

I'll directly flash it when I get my 2X tomorrow.

Guest superduper007

I had simular problems with a few different programs, tapatalk is one of them. Another problem is that I can't login with any twitterclient, could be twitter. I have to fire up my N1 to test. I'll will install the new build and work around a little bit.

Guest reidar.ostrem
Mine date was wrong too, it was a month ahead :D. Perhaps something wrong when making a custom ROM? :D

Actually, I just upgraded my baseband on the O2X and was about to restore my nandroid. Then I noticed that the "datestamp" on the nandroid backup was one month ahead! (?) 2011.04.29

Guest mrsn0w
Thanks for your response.

I've tried downloading it again and copying it to the /sdcard/_ExternalSD folder twice. Once unsigned and once signed. I've also controlled that the checksum is correct.

I still get the same error.

The ClockworkMod Recovery is v.3.0.1.4 (MoDaCo Beta 3).

What I do:

1. Copy the baked ROM with OSX Finder to the SD card (mounted through phone).

2. Start the phone, holding power and volume down until I get into Recovery Mode with ClockworkMod Recovery.

3. Chose "install zip from sdcard" > "choose zip from sdcard" > "290311-xxxx-Fr3-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-signed-MD5-xxxx.zip" > "Yes - Install 290311-xxxx-Fr3-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-signed-MD5-xxxx.zip"

This creates this message:

Did a factory reset then a new backup from CWM, copied ROM to the sd card again, now its working :D Was probably just some corrupt data. Sorry if I caused any trouble!

Guest Sorensiim
Uh, OK, I just noticed my device date was wrong... corrected it... and now it's obtaining licences! :D

Sorensiim - can you check yours?

P

LOL - That fixed it :( ;)

I've been reading all sorts of stuff about the LVL, nasty hacks, trying out old titanium backups and all we had to do was set the date :D

Well, glad we got it sorted.

demotivational_posters_well_theres_your_problem_Demotivationals_pt_3_P-s492x460-92487.jpg

Guest djmcnz

lol - yes my date was wrong too, even though set to sync with network.

I noticed that this morning (happened at midnight?) but mine was only forward to 1-April-2011.

After manually setting it and waiting for a few hours, re-enabling network sync seems to provide the correct result.

Great to see MCR for O2X!

Thans Paul, can't wait to get my O2X and test this.

Nice job Paul!

Finally a online kitchen for the o2x :D

The ROM is "quite a lot" better than the stock ROM. I'm still running low on memory though, about 35-40 ram, but I guess it won't change until April and android 2.3/2.4 release :D My 112 apps/widgets seems to use a lot of memory. Got 171mb free if I kill all inactive, background and active apps with System panel (just a test - don't usually do this). I guess it's just the basic posibilities with 2.2 that makes it consume this many ram.

The overall performance seems better. Had no errors yet

Edited by lni

Guest maedox

That explains why I also saw the "This app is not licenced" message this morning. I didn't notice the date at first but when checking my battery stats it was at ~30 % and unplugged for 4 days and some hours! That's when I realized the date was way off. 1st of April here too. Really odd bug - Puts Apple to shame. :D

Great work on the kitchen, Paul! Sadly I can't flash just yet as I have to return my 2X for a replacement. Got some dust on the LCD panel. :D

Guest gensplejs

I only have one account and still have licensing problems :-( But only with a few apps.

EDIT: LOL my bad... did not read full post... date fixed it (probably some kind of over zealus securety mechanism trying to avoid replay attacks)

Edited by gensplejs

Guest Sorensiim
I only have one account and still have licensing problems :-( But only with a few apps.

Did you check if your phone has the correct date?

Guest djmcnz
- More fonts for the fonts app!

That's nearly impossible, I've had a good look. The best you can do is substitute the fonts out (see my two posts on this at XDA).

They use a hash key to verify the fonts by name so you have to keep the font file names, you can change the display name as I have in my modded app. The app also contains a font download and library facility (hidden) as well as font DRM...

Guest tanoxxx

Hi Paul, great idea!! Im downloading my rom :D

Really thanks for yur work!

Is the first time i use Online Kitchen, when you can , is possible add some features for change the Theme?

Thanks again :D

Guest Sorensiim
That's nearly impossible, I've had a good look. The best you can do is substitute the fonts out (see my two posts on this at XDA).

They use a hash key to verify the fonts by name so you have to keep the font file names, you can change the display name as I have in my modded app. The app also contains a font download and library facility (hidden) as well as font DRM...

Jboogibop did a custom font on one of his Defy roms, I wonder how difficult it would be to do a font app from scratch?

Guest djmcnz
Jboogibop did a custom font on one of his Defy roms, I wonder how difficult it would be to do a font app from scratch?

Changing the default font is no problem (done), and changing the fonts in the app is only a minor pita (done with some compromises) but the font management system LG have used (com.jungle.app.fonts whatever that means) actually runs pretty deep. If you wanted to replicate it it would be a mighty challenge to do it from the ground up.

Guest gensplejs

I still cant upgrade the flash player to 10.2 using market.... it downloads. but then nothing happens. Its not installed.

EDIT: I even removed the pre installed flash 10.1 to test. And i still cant install 10.2 from market (works fine on stock.)

Ok so uninstalling 10.1 and then clearing all market data got it working.

Edited by gensplejs

Guest gensplejs
Updated to 10.2 from the Market OK here.

P

Hmmmmm... i cant get it to upgrade at all... anyway... next time i flash ill have a look at the logs.

Guest Sorensiim
I must be totally blind, because I cannot find a download link. Can someone please help me??

It's really simple - The online kitchen is only available to paying members. In my opinion, totally fair. Paul puts a hell of a lot of time into this, the servers don't run on air and bandwidth isn't free. And £10 is actually pretty cheap for an "ad free" membership - You could by 45 of those for the price of 1 LG2X :D