28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gensplejs
I must be totally blind, because I cannot find a download link. Can someone please help me??

The pre baked version will be online later today. (says so in first post)

The online kitchen is only for paying members.

Guest gensplejs

Sooo.

What kind of quadrant scores do you guys get with Fr3?

I consistently get 2300 on stock rom and 2600 with MCR Fr3. 0 or 200 installed apps gives me the same 2600 result so that does not seem to matter mutch.

But i have seen ppl stating they got 2800 and Paul even had a screenshot of 3000!?!?!?

Did you overclock or how the hell did you get up there?

Im not unhappy. 2600 is amazing :-)

Guest Sorensiim

Heh - Don't rename the fonts app with root explorer: The fonts service throws a hissy fit :D

Just baked myself a fresh rom without the app, downloading now...

Guest Sorensiim
Sooo.

What kind of quadrant scores do you guys get with Fr3?

I consistently get 2300 on stock rom and 2600 with MCR Fr3. 0 or 200 installed apps gives me the same 2600 result so that does not seem to matter mutch.

But i have seen ppl stating they got 2800 and Paul even had a screenshot of 3000!?!?!?

Did you overclock or how the hell did you get up there?

Im not unhappy. 2600 is amazing :-)

I clocked one at 2880 without oc - No idea how, I'm pretty consistent at 2600 now :D

Guest JWedda
I clocked one at 2880 without oc - No idea how, I'm pretty consistent at 2600 now :D

On a rooted phone, no sim installed I got 2620 on the default rom :D. Now however I get 2480.. I will wait for a gingerbread rom before I will start flashing.

Disable sync and kill some apps before you run the test and just keep Wifi on. I got 3040 once.

Guest Korumera
Disable sync and kill some apps before you run the test and just keep Wifi on. I got 3040 once.

Indeed it mostly depends on how many apps are running on the background, if i kill most apps and run the test it goes over 2900 easily. So it's fine with me on stock i got a 2495 score. I'm still happy with my custom baked rom. It's smoooth as butter :D removed launcher pro tho and replaced it for go launcher seems a tad more stable.

Guest ElecTricX

I cooked my own rom using the kitchen and I noticed that when I click into the alarm through the clock-app "com.android.deskclock" force closes.

Also Gilgamesh's cooked version has the same problem.

Mind checking what it can be Paul?

Guest gensplejs
Indeed it mostly depends on how many apps are running on the background, if i kill most apps and run the test it goes over 2900 easily. So it's fine with me on stock i got a 2495 score. I'm still happy with my custom baked rom. It's smoooth as butter :D removed launcher pro tho and replaced it for go launcher seems a tad more stable.

I killed all running apps and still get arround 2600.

every time....

Guest superduper007

Great rom Paul! The time settings fixed my licenses and the org alarmclock fixed with my ver 2 cooking, i.o.w. just use the LG instead :-)

My LG just getting better and better, so hat off!

Guest ElecTricX
Great rom Paul! The time settings fixed my licenses and the org alarmclock fixed with my ver 2 cooking, i.o.w. just use the LG instead :-)

My LG just getting better and better, so hat off!

Yes but the whole purpose of cooking your own rom is that you can remove things you don't want, for instance LG Alarmclock..

While that is true, it's not always possible to predict the interdependencies...!

Now we know they are linked, i'll try the stock Google DeskClock and see if that works better.

P

Guest ElecTricX
While that is true, it's not always possible to predict the interdependencies...!

Now we know they are linked, i'll try the stock Google DeskClock and see if that works better.

P

If it does can I then "upload" it with root explorer?

Guest Sorensiim

A small suggestion:

In the "Changelog" post, could you add a list of features currently in development? Not a carved-in-stone release schedule, just something along the lines of: "Upcoming features: 2X reboot app inclusion, gb keyboard, 500w halogen backlight mod" - just to give us a hint of what's to come :D

Oh, and why not harvest the hivemind that is the Android modding community? "Looking for help on: Porting Sense, turning the screen pink" - So other devs could help making Modaco even more awesome :D

Edit: If the above line in any way seems to suggest that you are incapable of singlehandedly running this bullet train of awesome known as the modaco online kitchens, I sincerely apologize. In the time it took me to finish my post, you had added two more features; one of these a request from me. I'll go get my hat so I can tip it to you, good sir.

Edited by Sorensiim

Guest Brock Sampson

As a former G1/CM user who took a stroll with an N900 before coming back to android, I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. Great mod--I swear my O2X is running faster already :D

Guest Sorensiim
Plus I don't want to commit on adding specific stuff, because I don't know what else is coming along i'll need to work on. :D

P

Fair enough - and seeing that you already added the GB keyboard, you just need to link the button backlight to the screen backlight and I'll quit nagging you! :D

Fair enough - and seeing that you already added the GB keyboard, you just need to link the button backlight to the screen backlight and I'll quit nagging you! :D

lmao!

P

Guest Sorensiim
lmao!

P

In all seriousness - The screen backlight value is editable throgh native android widgets, locale, widgetsoid etc. so it must be accessible to some extent. Given that Widgetsoid is able to show the current settting, the numerical value must be readable. So "all" you need to do would be adding an option in the button backlight app that would read the screen brightness value instead of the value input by the user :D