28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gensplejs
No problems here with fr10.

28hours since charging, 40% left.

Good battery life on FR10 here too (with the .9 kernel not the experimental one)

Not really a clue what's causing it but like many ppl, my battery is getting drained like mad with FR10, before yesterday i went to bed and phone was at 97% and when i woke up 9 hours later phone was turned of and when i rebooted (after battery pull) there was 2% left and needed a full recharge.

Try and set it to 2g networks only and get rig of data usege. make sure bt and wifi are off, then test it again. I think there might be an app that keeps your phone alive all the time or you are in a low reception Area witch causes the phone to search for a stronger signal all the time.

Good luck.

hi

can you please let me know what languages are supported in this rom?

I need arabic languages

:)

If you mean writing in Arabic there is no problem just bake with Gingerbread keyboard then download the Arabic language pack.

there are no menus in Arabic in this rom.

cheers

Guest Piter1225
hi

can you please let me know what languages are supported in this rom?

I need arabic languages

:)

As far as I see, there is no arabic lang in this ROM...

my phone just got stuck. i was going over my contacts and wanted to call, pressed the dial button and bammm black screen, nothing helped but take the battery out. it append a few times with random contacts. I am on Fr10 with Fr4 kernel.

the phone is very stable but this thing is a bit problematic. If it will continue i will have to role back to Fr8 witch was very stable.

Hope it will be solved on Fr11.

Albert.

As I just suggested in the two specific topics:

- The gps fix really works and should be part on fr11

- I can suggest to everyone to undo the "sd card reading speed fix" and set it back to 128. I get really bad lag while installing apps and making small filesystem changes. On 128 is performance pretty ok really and most importantly it does not cause any weird lags. The only benefit you can see if a better benchmark result but basic day to day performance seems to be way worse.

I'm using fr10 with the XDA 2x-kernel-2.6.32.9-fakeShmoo-cpasjuste.2 kernal and it works absolutely great.

Guest adamconda

Is anyone else having issues with not having the bake button available in the kitchen? I have the same screen as what a non-member would have- is my account not enough for the delicious goodness that only the online kitchen can provide? Or am I doing something wrong?

I have been able to use the kitchen previously - I was able to cook up a FR4 ok, but noticed the button hasn't been available to me since.

I'm using chrome, with cleared cache ,cookies, history, everything etc. And also tried IE8, but no joy.

Guest Batkoto
Is anyone else having issues with not having the bake button available in the kitchen? I have the same screen as what a non-member would have- is my account not enough for the delicious goodness that only the online kitchen can provide? Or am I doing something wrong?

I have been able to use the kitchen previously - I was able to cook up a FR4 ok, but noticed the button hasn't been available to me since.

I'm using chrome, with cleared cache ,cookies, history, everything etc. And also tried IE8, but no joy.

This online kitchen is currently only available to my MoDaCo premium members (those who have signed up to MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus).

All I can see you are not a premium member, you need subscription to use the kitchen :)

Guest adamconda
This online kitchen is currently only available to my MoDaCo premium members (those who have signed up to MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus).

All I can see you are not a premium member, you need subscription to use the kitchen :)

My subscriptions show as:

15394 MoDaCo Ad Free + Online Kitchens

I guess there is a problem with my account?

Edited by adamconda

Guest gensplejs

Hmmmmm. Tonight i had problems with battery drain too.

went from 90% to 4% in one night. When i woke up the phone was lagging like hell. i spent like 10 minutes getting on market and installing task manager. Then closed all running apps. I had effing 21megs free AFTER killing all apps. So something in the system leaked a shitload of mem. I attempted to connect with adb but then the phone froze (had to do a battery pull)

went from 90% to 4% in one night. When i woke up the phone was lagging like hell. i spent like 10 minutes getting on market and installing task manager. Then closed all running apps. I had effing 21megs free AFTER killing all apps. So something in the system leaked a shitload of mem. I attempted to connect with adb but then the phone froze (had to do a battery pull)

.9 or .36 kernal?

Guest miswu0129

Paul,

i have a problem!!

I flashing FR10 ONLINE KITCHEN,when i install oc kernel,i can't use portable wifi hotspot!!it will show mistake, but if i don't install oc kernel,it will normal!!

Anyone have this problem??

Guest r1h62

how long will take it for update this rom? I have been wait for half hour, still not yet ready, I'm so scare it will turn out not work any more....

pls anyone did updated, pls let me know ....thanks

Guest djmcnz

See my post and log in the freezes thread... same symptoms.

OK peeps, aside from Gingerbread (which will come when I get the leak!)... any requests for Fr11? :)

P

Yes, last version of Flash player (10.2), Google Maps (5.3.0) and amazon appstore please.

Guest r1h62

by the way, after reboot the system, the screen just keep rebooted it and it never work. it keep reloading boot screen over and over, is it need to wait ? or something wrong? how can i back to normal? appreciate anyone can help out, thanks

Guest gin0v4

Hey paul, when i backup my system (fr10) with titanium backup and then install the next release or another rom - is he goin to apply all ny settings and configurations? i mean all my widgets, mail accounts, apps, menu categories etc? answer would be nice :) (this is my first android device, i am new to this :))