28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Brock Sampson
SD Card is disappearing from time to time, only Reboot helps to solve this problem....

If you mean external SD card, then I have been having this problem too; rebooting solves it. I don't think there is anything wrong with the SD Card unless it spontaneously developed problems when I swapped it into my O2X. Even the clockwork recovery gives me "error mounting /sdcard" once in a while. Rebooting always seems to fix it.

BTW, do you have a Mac? All my problems seem to have started after mounting the SD card on a Mac via USB. My phone hard-locks (with r3, haven't tried with r4) when I plug it into USB ports on the Apple monitor and then gives me endless force-closes on the next boot. (Works fine if I plug it straight into a primary USB port though.)

Paul, Could you add an explorer app into Rom, such as ES explorer, Astro . . .? I can download it on market. if Rom has it, I will save the time

I don't really see a benefit to this...?

P

Guest sanfran
If you mean external SD card, then I have been having this problem too; rebooting solves it. I don't think there is anything wrong with the SD Card unless it spontaneously developed problems when I swapped it into my O2X. Even the clockwork recovery gives me "error mounting /sdcard" once in a while. Rebooting always seems to fix it.

BTW, do you have a Mac? All my problems seem to have started after mounting the SD card on a Mac via USB. My phone hard-locks (with r3, haven't tried with r4) when I plug it into USB ports on the Apple monitor and then gives me endless force-closes on the next boot. (Works fine if I plug it straight into a primary USB port though.)

Yes, external SD card. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problems....

No, I only mounted it on a windows pc, no Mac here :-)

I have troubles with some applications, force close (mostly games)..

BR Robert

Guest dherrero

Hi.

I ve installed this great rom but I can install market applications. It says...."Downloading application" but never starts. Any idea?

Thanks

Guest gensplejs
Hi.

I ve installed this great rom but I can install market applications. It says...."Downloading application" but never starts. Any idea?

Thanks

Have you checked that the date and time is set correctly?

Guest Gilg@mesh

@Paul

Would it be possible to make a setting or something were you could choose which toogle buttons you want to have in the status bar (I mean the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS etc)

Guest Le_PoUnT

I've found a problem with keyboards management. When I choose Android or Gingerbread, I can't go in the parameters.(Settings>Language settings & keyboard[sorry if there is an error, it's what I see in french language]).

By cons, once the keyboard type selected, I have access to the parameters directly from the keyboard. So it's a simple problem commununication / liaison between the general parameters and individual parameters.

Edited by Le_PoUnT

Guest adamconda

Does anyone know how to install operator (vodafone) network settings on FR4? I have received the settings via tex from the voda, but the text messages don't seem to have any content (ie settings). I did this already with the out of the box LG rom, and they loaded fine. Is this because I ticked google mms in the kitchen?

EDIT: I reflashed with google mms option UN-ticked. Now able to install mms/hspda settings

Edited by adamconda

Guest ssbrianhk

I have use CWM to made a backup before flash Fr3, but now when I restored the original rom, it just hang at LG logo, do anyone know why?

please help.

Guest Sorensiim
I have use CWM to made a backup before flash Fr3, but now when I restored the original rom, it just hang at LG logo, do anyone know why?

please help.

The MCR converts your phone to EXT4 - Which is faster, but not supported by the stock kernel. So in order to reload your backup from the stock rom, you would need to re-flash as described here: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...062-15-03-2011/ - When you've done that, you re-root using SuperOneClick, install CWM and reload your nandroid backup.

Guest otten_sjors

Great ROM the Fr4!! baked with online kitchen. Stock ROM scored a 2300-2500 on Quadrant Standard. Now it scores an incredible 2700 - 2950! Great work! Only it seems to me that the LG Optimus 2x widgets are causing a slight delay when a user wants to add a widget. Keep them out the ROM and it will go at the speed of light!

thnx Paul!

Guest gensplejs

Anyone noticed problems with the battery indicator... it said 80%... i made a 2 minute call... 13% battery left... I rebooted the phone.... 78% left... WTF!

I have had problems with the indicator jumping like that several times.....

I really like the battery life I'm getting after setting up Setcpu on my LG2X. Hereby recommended for keeping that juice-guzzling Tegra2 in check :D

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.m...e=search_result

Now we just need something to undervolt the Tegra2 as well as control the cpu scaling, like Setvsel does for the Defy...

What settings are you using?

P

Guest Sorensiim
Any feedback on the lockscreen lag tweak?

P

Does "Holy friggin cow, totally night and day diffrence, smooth as butter now, utterly lag-free perfection!" count as feedback or would you prefer to have your efforts ranked on a scale from 1 to 10? I can do both, take your pick.

Guest Sorensiim
What settings are you using?

P

setcpu.png

My main/default setting is the same as the one I use when charging, but with the governor set to "Powersave". Everything (including Asphalt6, Air Attack HD, Robo Defense etc) is still running perfectly.

Edit: Duuuh - just moved "Screen off" to top priority. So no matter what; if the screen is off, the CPU goes from "Ludicrous speed" to "Glacial".

Edited by Sorensiim

Does "Holy friggin cow, totally night and day diffrence, smooth as butter now, utterly lag-free perfection!" count as feedback or would you prefer to have your efforts ranked on a scale from 1 to 10? I can do both, take your pick.

lol! :D

P

I've not added 2 alternative frameworks to the kitchen - 1 without music controls and 1 without music controls or toggle buttons.

Enjoy! :D

P

Guest Sorensiim
I've not added 2 alternative frameworks to the kitchen - 1 without music controls and 1 without music controls or toggle buttons.

Enjoy! :D

P

Thanks!

Would it be possible to edit *which* toggle buttons go in the top bar? Screw rotation on/off, I want my screen brightness toggle there!