28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wapz

fr18b2 is sooo good. 25 hours now, 10% left. Weekends I use the phone less and it shows. Idle usage is very low, lost 6% with wifi last night over 10 hours.

Guest maddler

Hello,

I keep getting random hungs and reboots. Right before rebooting I had a LOT of errors like the following.

Can't be sure about that, but I'd say it is more common when on a WiFi connection.

Any clue?

Thx,

William

E/dalvikvm( 1064): Failed to find cpu subsys

I/dalvikvm( 1064): "Thread-56" prio=5 tid=49 WAIT

I/dalvikvm( 1064): | group="main" sCount=1 dsCount=0 s=N obj=0x4a0ef410 self=0xb29588

I/dalvikvm( 1064): | sysTid=1607 nice=0 sched=0/0 cgrp=unknown handle=11704008

I/dalvikvm( 1064): | schedstat=( 1030539000 44050537000 8661 )

I/dalvikvm( 1064): at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)

I/dalvikvm( 1064): - waiting on <0x49d2a6b8> (a java.lang.Object)

I/dalvikvm( 1064): at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:288)

I/dalvikvm( 1064): at com.google.common.async.AsyncHttpRequestFactory.run((null):-1)

I/dalvikvm( 1064): at com.google.common.lang.ThreadFactory$ThreadImpl.run((null):-1)

I/dalvikvm( 1064):

E/dalvikvm( 1064): Failed to find cpu subsys

I/dalvikvm( 1064): "Thread-55" prio=5 tid=47 WAIT

I/dalvikvm( 1064): | group="main" sCount=1 dsCount=0 s=N obj=0x4a0ef148 self=0xb28180

I/dalvikvm( 1064): | sysTid=1606 nice=0 sched=0/0 cgrp=unknown handle=11698880

I/dalvikvm( 1064): | schedstat=( 1027298000 43953699000 8606 )

I/dalvikvm( 1064): at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)

I/dalvikvm( 1064): - waiting on <0x49d2a6b8> (a java.lang.Object)

I/dalvikvm( 1064): at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:288)

I/dalvikvm( 1064): at com.google.common.async.AsyncHttpRequestFactory.run((null):-1)

I/dalvikvm( 1064): at com.google.common.lang.ThreadFactory$ThreadImpl.run((null):-1)

Edited by maddler

Guest gin0v4

hey guys - was on vacations for 1 week and do not want to read past 30 pages^^ just wanted to ask 2 things before installing fr17 (comin from fr12)

1. does fr17 still has battery drain?

2. is gps working now?

Guest gin0v4

hmmmm, installed fr17 this morning - same battery drain as in fr15 - (ye, with wiping battery stats via cwm, completly discharging and charging again!) - lost 5% in 55min and did absolutely NOTHING with the phone - phone standby = 50%, phone inactive = 49% & screen = 2%!

Guest wapz
hmmmm, installed fr17 this morning - same battery drain as in fr15 - (ye, with wiping battery stats via cwm, completly discharging and charging again!) - lost 5% in 55min and did absolutely NOTHING with the phone - phone standby = 50%, phone inactive = 49% & screen = 2%!

the big improvement in battery life is just a better baseband+ril matched with your phone. if you have battery issues it must be due to this. i had huge drain with fr17, when I went to fr18b2 with the new spanish ril all my problems disappeared.

Guest johnnydj

I just used my phone for 2 days and 17 hours doing the following on the phone:

48 minutes of phone calls

17 sms

55 minutes of browsing

30 minutes of gaming

wi-fi on

sync on

gps off

2g only

as long as you don't play all day or use the gps for hours, the battery is perfect.

I'll do a screenshot too next time.

I'm using FR17

Baseband 0405

Edited by johnnydj

Guest inza
What's SQL hack and how can I install it??

It gives you higher scores in benchmarks and there is no point in using it exept if you want to brag with higher scores. Your phone wont become faster with it. To install it, just bake a ROM with it or download a prebaked ROM with it enabled.

Guest sangriaman
the big improvement in battery life is just a better baseband+ril matched with your phone. if you have battery issues it must be due to this. i had huge drain with fr17, when I went to fr18b2 with the new spanish ril all my problems disappeared.

HI. Can you please give some details about that. I see we can flash baseband and RIL, but how to know what's right for our phone?

Is it about the country? Or something else? I really need to solve this battery issue.

Thanks,

sangriaman

Guest sk1307

:D

Upgrade didnt work, Couldnt restart my G2X after the upgrade, Tried 4 times and had to go back to stock flashing. Can anyone find out why reboot failed or how long the reboot will take after the upgrade to 2.3.3

Guest d-droid
:D

Upgrade didnt work, Couldnt restart my G2X after the upgrade, Tried 4 times and had to go back to stock flashing. Can anyone find out why reboot failed or how long the reboot will take after the upgrade to 2.3.3

You are aware that the ROM is for optimus 2x and not the g2x? Check out the g2x compability thread if not :D

Guest goulloux

Hi there

@Paul : You sais something about FR16 => "Low level changes for a forthcoming notifications product"

And just saw some one post about catching notification message.

Can you tell me more about this ?

And thx for your great work man!

Guest cheloman
Hey Paul,

found a bug in FR18b2. The sync goes often away at gmail. Then I have to manually sync it in the app.

It would be very nice if you could recognize it!

Thanks.

Same problem here.

Guest jon.m.knight
@paul

where r u?

we cant live without u. :D

It's school half term here in the UK; (30th May - 3rd June). Suspect that he's taking some time off with his family.

Guest ODIN679
It's school half term here in the UK; (30th May - 3rd June). Suspect that he's taking some time off with his family.

Yap i think your right, follow him on twitter and you'll see! :D

Guest YourMother1972

Like.... Does he has a life next to making beautiful roms for us? :-)