28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 75markus
Which one do you use and where can I find it!?

And first of all, how I implement it to my phone!?

Best regards

DABB

to apply a theme, just flash zip in recovery, like a ROM ...

(it just contains 1 or more themed system apps and will replace the original ones...)

Guest Damaelyon
No Gingerbread internally even for 2X yet by the way, which sucks. :D

P

Do you think LG will release it one day ? :D

Guest PhilNelwyn
No Gingerbread internally even for 2X yet by the way, which sucks. :D

Thanks to your great work, I can serenely wait for LG to provide Gingerbread. :D

Guest wapz
Quick heads up that i'm still here, i'm working on some MoDaCo site / kitchen updates at the moment which means I can't work on ROMs at the same time. :D

P

fr18b2 is pretty good anyway. the video updates from the korean rom are the only real improvements i'm looking out for :-)

hoping lg releases a european versiom soon so it will be easy to merge it into the mcr!

Guest Qwertymon
fr18b2 is pretty good anyway. the video updates from the korean rom are the only real improvements i'm looking out for :-)

hoping lg releases a european versiom soon so it will be easy to merge it into the mcr!

Thats only gonna come from cyanogen, lol

Guest Paul

I have some other work I have to finish and some work on the site, but as soon as that's done i'll be back updating this. Sorry guys, I can't always work on just one thing! :D

P

Guest zippyioa
I have some other work I have to finish and some work on the site, but as soon as that's done i'll be back updating this. Sorry guys, I can't always work on just one thing! :D

P

Don't say sorry to those who are questioning your commitment.... if anyone needs to apologise it is those who have been impatient!

I find it remarkable that people see it as their right for you to keep updating ROMS for so many phones... the work you do is amazing and people should be more accepting of the fact that you have lots of things to do.

People here need to quit the "me, me, me" attitude and thank Paul when he does deliver :D

I really want a reliable, smooth running, up to date ROM for my 2x and if past experience is anything to go by, Paul will deliver.

Rant over :o

Guest Elte Hupkes

Haha I think it's because Paul was spoiling us a few weeks ago with updates at least every day and sometimes even every few hours. Now we're just sitting here with our fingers itching because they're used to pressing that Power+volume up buttons but they have no reason to do so :D.

Nevertheless I hope (and think) that Paul knows that his work thusfar is already very much appreciated. For the people complaining.. just remember you payed just a few quid to Paul to make your phone that much more awesome while you payed those turtles at LG who promised to release Gingerbread "soon" significantly more (and let's face it, we all knew that wasn't going to happen 'soon' though we hoped they'd keep their promise for once). So if you really want to complain, take it to them. Meanwhile I'll be eagerly waiting for some more MCR goodness :D.

Guest MartinNorway123

Hi!

Am I the only one that can‘t seem to get Norwegian to work on fr18? Tried both standard mdc and the fear edition based on the fr18 release... :-(

Guest Ph4nt0m

I've seen some posts mentioning problems with GPS. At the moment I am using CM7, but I am thinking about coming back to Fr18b, because there are problems with GPS on Cyanogen. So if anyone can confirm that GPS is working fine on Fr18b or maybe fr17, I will try it right away :D I am using GPS for my workouts with Runtastic GPS Coach so it is quite important for me that GPS works fine.

Anyone can report if the battery is better on Fr17 or Fr18b?

I've seen some posts mentioning problems with GPS. At the moment I am using CM7, but I am thinking about coming back to Fr18b, because there are problems with GPS on Cyanogen. So if anyone can confirm that GPS is working fine on Fr18b or maybe fr17, I will try it right away :D I am using GPS for my workouts with Runtastic GPS Coach so it is quite important for me that GPS works fine.

Manually add the nokia supl and you will have a fix within 10 secs with at least 6 sats.

Guest jon.m.knight

see above post by _7_

then check here: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...gps-issue-fr15/ (post #8)

and then you'll probably also want to check here...

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...-battery-popup/

e: I never really noticed an issue with the battery <FR18, but from what the feedback's been people are a LOT happier.

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest Ph4nt0m

Thank you for answers, will try fr18b again :D Well I have to say it worked fine for me before but I didn't try the GPS, the only thing I like more about CM is the battery...

Guest aaww

P

Paul You are the MAN !

keep up the good work, I am impatient as any other but you are just one guy with family and a job that is very appreciated that you even find some time in your busy day for this community.

I have allot of RESPECT to you !

Guest frantic777

P

Paul, can you publish OC/UV kernel sources (MCR and EternityProject) and configs which comes with 18b2, please.

Thanks!

Guest Ph4nt0m

So I have flashed my O2x with FR18b2 (kitchen) and the GPS locked in 5 sec without any fix. I have to mention that I am inside (top floor) :D Hope it will stay locked during next workout. If the batery will be good for a day of moderate usage then I can not complain at all :D

Guest space79

Paul does a great Job, so we all have to thank him.

I thank him... "Thanks Paul! Cool work!".

But the most of us are horrible "I wanna play with my Dev" Kidds... Ok, I'm too...

So, it's like a Drug... And Paul's the Dealer....

and we NEED mooooooooore ^^

It's so hard to wait :D

But also there is no right to get Updates... So we have to be patient, friendly and hopefully to get mooooore.... soooooon ^^

Have a nice evening PPL

Guest Clone519

Hmmm according to this link here, see update 2, LG itself has promised the update in summer. But Im just not sure if they are reliable and it would really come during this period. Its already June currently

Guest planeth
Hmmm according to this link here, see update 2, LG itself has promised the update in summer. But Im just not sure if they are reliable and it would really come during this period. Its already June currently

Don't count on it... I bought this phone just when it was released... Back then, LG promised 2.3 on the 18th of April 2011. Then sometime around 15th of April, i believe it was, they announced the news.... Gingerbread is coming this summer... They forgot to mention that it was actually a delay.

Guest gllandalf

AFAIK there's no android device with tegra 2 chipset AND gingerbread...

they're all with android 2.2 at this time and 2.3 'coming soon' :-\

the case of tmobile g2x is special, with a false gingerbread (froyo kernel and userspace)

maybe there's something to wait from nvidia...

Guest shoulim
Don't count on it... I bought this phone just when it was released... Back then, LG promised 2.3 on the 18th of April 2011. Then sometime around 15th of April, i believe it was, they announced the news.... Gingerbread is coming this summer... They forgot to mention that it was actually a delay.

Ha, I am going to sell this piece of C... I will never buy a LG phone again. Really disappointed, will get a Sensation instead. At least HTC gives a better support and it has more leverage exprience by being one of the leads in the phone market. Now comes the challenge, trying to sell a phone with a broken software. Anyone?!? ;)