28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest roanitas

Thank Paul For integrated v10E

Paul please insert the correct png in framework.Here

framework\res\drawable-hdpi-v4

Edited by roanitas

Guest fifi139

Paul, I just flashed kitchen fr19 with new custom kernel. However, it seems it's more unstable than prev kernel. Now it's got more random crashes that I need to pull out the battery.

Before, I was using fr19 and it was pretty stable. Only problem when charging and heavy usage.

Is it because of the new kernel or because I flashed it without full wipe? I reckon since I was coming from fr19 (albeit diff kernel), I didn't need to wipe. is it correct?

Thanks

Guest loomy

Hi,i have no problems with the FR19 r20 kernel,no reboots,no freezes .The only thing i miss is the EXT4 compatibility and possibility to OC/UV.

Guest fifi139

couldn't stand it. my O2x keeps crashing after flashing new kernel. Even when not charging. I even full wiped and reflashed again eventhough I was coming from fr19. So, revert back to original kernel of fr19. Not sure what happens since many of you have flashed and are ok with that. My guess is because of TUN or something.

couldn't stand it. my O2x keeps crashing after flashing new kernel. Even when not charging. I even full wiped and reflashed again eventhough I was coming from fr19. So, revert back to original kernel of fr19. Not sure what happens since many of you have flashed and are ok with that. My guess is because of TUN or something.

just noticed that on 100% the voltage gets higher with the new kernel, have already seen 4.197v, on older kernel i have never seen it go over 4.19v.

I have few qustions,

1. Is this better than Stock V10D ? Stable ?

2. How is battery usage ?

3. Can i OC ?

4. Will voodoo sounds work with this ?

Thanks.

Guest René Bach

Hi,

I've paid the MoDaCo Add Free Membership, signed in, checked that my memebertship is valid - but I'm still not able to bake/download from the Online Kitchen.

From reading other posts I should be getting an image of an oven, but all I see is a message on becoming a premium member.

Could somebody please help me out ?

Thanks

Guest federicoc

My report about new kernel:

perfect: no battery drain, no random reboot, no black screen of death and more smooth than previous one (less memory hungry).

I miss only the OC/UV.

I have only a question, I'm still unable to play mkv video, is it supposed to be able to play such files or not?

Thx

perfect: no battery drain, no random reboot, no black screen of death and more smooth than previous one (less memory hungry).

I miss only the OC/UV.

I have only a question, I'm still unable to play mkv video, is it supposed to be able to play such files or not?

Thx

Yeah...

P

Guest fifi139

Too bad, my experience was the contrary. I had random boots and crashes more often than prev fr19 kernel. the phone crashed mre than 10 times after two days of usage. Before, it was only once a week I had a crash.

Guest loomy

Hi Paul,

i have one question,did you have time to look at the new HK V10E ROM?.Does it include a new Baseband,new Camera app,etc. or just new kernel?

Hi Paul,

i have one question,did you have time to look at the new HK V10E ROM?.Does it include a new Baseband,new Camera app,etc. or just new kernel?

I've not looked at it yet...

P

Guest Kostja_V

FR19 r20 kernel is really great.

I have flashed it, then converted /system partition to EXT4 and it works for me two days already, without any issues.

By the way, first boot after flash, always took about 3 minutes. But with the new kernek and EXT4 partition, the first boot was lightning fast. I don't even know, is it new kernel or EXT4 partition desert.

Guest loomy

I have flashed it, then converted /system partition to EXT4 and it works for me two days already, without any issues.

By the way, first boot after flash, always took about 3 minutes. But with the new kernek and EXT4 partition, the first boot was lightning fast. I don't even know, is it new kernel or EXT4 partition desert.

How did you conwert the partitions to EXT4?.I tried it with the "Back to EXT4" script but it dont work.

Guest Peterfdevries

Italian v10d update with Baseband 0725 and Kernel 2.6.35.7 is coming soon: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1196677

From the replies on this post it says it's a mistake. This kernel is for OMAP-based devices. Let's hope a new and improved kernel will show up soon though. :)

To Paul, when will there be a pre-baked version of either the FR19 or the GR2 with the new custom kernel?

Edited by Peterfdevries

thanks for that, ext4 feels a lot faster now! i also hope the rumours about the new kernel are true, even though arcee said it was unlikely. if they manage to sort out to stability and software for €330 it isn't even that bad a deal to be honest.