28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SnowmanDK

Just wanna drop my 2 cents here :)

I have been running FR19 r20 for almost a week now, and I have (so far) only had one problem.

I can't say if that is a rom or hardware problem, but here goes:

This morning I had no signal at all from the phone network. Wireless was ok.

I had to do a reboot before I got the phone network back.

The rest seems to run smooth so far :)

Great job Paul!!! You are the savior of our phones ;)

Guest Thierry Lescot

hello paul,

do you have any plan to update the bluetooth driver in the rom to the orginal android version (bluez) ? it's needed to connect to wiimote in some emulator...

here is the answer I got from the NES.emu emilator author...:

Hi, that message usually means you're using an alternate Bluetooth stack provided by a device vendor instead of the stock Linux one (BlueZ) used in Android. Only BlueZ can be used to communicate with Wiimotes due to the protocol they use, while the alternate stacks only provide the minimum Bluetooth functionality needed for Android. Since your device is rooted, you may be able to look for alternate ROMs that supply BlueZ if they're available for your device. I know CyanogenMod uses it but am not familiar with the others. Let me know if you're able to get it working and what ROM you used.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks,

Guest orlox

Because I had many problems like freezing - restarts with gr2 I had to revert to F19 since fr18 beta 2 I was using wasnt available. I flashed it 3-4 times with or withought r20 kernel and I always had a problem restoring my apps from titanium wich i dont have with stock.

It restored a few apps then it stopped. The bar was continuing to show up but it wasnt moving. I could cancel the restore thought.

The REAL problem comes now. I tryed to install an app from the market but even if I was pressing ok nothing where happening. I tryed to send the apps via pc market (https://market.android.com) The apps woudnt download but i could see them trying to do so in the notification bar.

I did a fix permisions and wipe cache - dalvik but didnt do the trik. Only wipe data and then go to the begging.

Before you ask I had lots of free space. Any ideas? Now I am in latest stock for greece 10c with the baseband 622 that came with it.

I just realized that I think I haven't had a single crash or black screen since I applied the v10e kernel. I think it really works a lot better and makes it a much better phone. Another effect that hasn't been covered that LG has made large improvement to the sound area, the sound quality has increased dramatically with v10e, try it out you'll notice!

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

With the online kitchen are those apps and mods pre installed onto this ROM or do i have to install them my self. AND i have base band 1035.21_20110405 SO do i HAVE to change to the latest one to work with this ROM.

Edited by FPSAUS4EVER

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

Hi i am new to the lg optimus 2x and want a new ROM should i get this ROM(modaco fr19) or Cyanmod 7. Coz the stock lg Rom is F***KING SH**T, battery last 6 hours, a lot of FC and crashes. I have a lg optimus GT540 with CM 7 swiftdroid and it has now andoird 2.3.5. SO when can i get for the 2x android 2.3.5?. SO with this ROM is it stable enough for every day use and to play games on it. And how long does the battery last? with heavy usage. Thanks

Guest jon.m.knight

With the online kitchen are those apps and mods pre installed onto this ROM or do i have to install them my self. AND i have base band 1035.21_20110405 SO do i HAVE to change to the latest one to work with this ROM.

Morning. The ones that are ticked in the kitchen come pre-installed. Try downloading the default kitchen setup first and flash it. See if you like it, if not then pick and choose what you want in the kitchen.

Baseband 0405 - yes, it will work. The RIL that comes bundled with this ROM is dated 0622, so it supports more than your baseband does... much l ike having a ferarri, but capping the max speed to 90mph :-/

Guest jon.m.knight

Hi i am new to the lg optimus 2x and want a new ROM should i get this ROM(modaco fr19) or Cyanmod 7. Coz the stock lg Rom is F***KING SH**T, battery last 6 hours, a lot of FC and crashes. I have a lg optimus GT540 with CM 7 swiftdroid and it has now andoird 2.3.5. SO when can i get for the 2x android 2.3.5?. SO with this ROM is it stable enough for every day use and to play games on it. And how long does the battery last? with heavy usage. Thanks

This is a 2.2.2 ROM.

This is in my opinion the most stable ROM there is out there.

Battery is what you'd expect from a phone of these specs, a daily, overnight charge is still required with heavy use.

Yes, the LG stock ROM is poor. I certainly would have sold my handset a long time ago if I was forced to stick with the stock ROM.

CM7 vs FR19: all a matter of personal preference. CM7 has richer features, but is less stable (just check out the 'issues thread' over on xda for the optimus2x) Try them both! ... Flash one, make a nandoid, flash the other, make a nandroid. Switch between the two and perform like-for-like comparions.

P.S - remember that MoDaCo GR2 is still in the pipeline if you're after a Gingerbread experience

Edited by jon.m.knight

This is a 2.2.2 ROM.

This is in my opinion the most stable ROM there is out there.

Battery is what you'd expect from a phone of these specs, a daily, overnight charge is still required with heavy use.

Yes, the LG stock ROM is poor. I certainly would have sold my handset a long time ago if I was forced to stick with the stock ROM.

CM7 vs FR19: all a matter of personal preference. CM7 has richer features, but is less stable (just check out the 'issues thread' over on xda for the optimus2x) Try them both! ... Flash one, make a nandoid, flash the other, make a nandroid. Switch between the two and perform like-for-like comparions.

P.S - remember that MoDaCo GR2 is still in the pipeline if you're after a Gingerbread experience

If you want all to work fine, FR19 with new conversion to EXT4 is the best it will get for a while until nVidia releases the HALs to the CM team.

Guest fifi139

i flashed the new kernel again, this time w/o sqlite patch. looks like a bit more stable. but quadrant benchmark is only 2400. before with prev kernel fr19 and sqlite patch i could get 2800. let's see if it's more stable.

Guest fifi139

HI~Paul

Can I use setcpu for OC/UV with new customer Kernel & FR19?

thanks please reply.

i tried that but no. the new kernel still not recognized to be overclocked. maybe future update.

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

Hi, if i get Modaco rom will my base band be update automatically or do i have to do it through smart flash. And will clock work recovry be still there when i wipe the device with smart flash.

Guest jon.m.knight

Hi, if i get Modaco rom will my base band be update automatically or do i have to do it through smart flash. And will clock work recovry be still there when i wipe the device with smart flash.

MoDaCo will not update your baseband. Yep, you'll have to do it via the flashing tool. Takes about 3minutes in total to update your baseband. Yes - Clockwork recovery will still be there

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

When modaco ROM gets a new update like fr20 can i just update the ROM through CWR and still have all my data and information still there? or have to wipe all the data and restart again?

Guest jon.m.knight

When modaco ROM gets a new update like fr20 can i just update the ROM through CWR and still have all my data and information still there? or have to wipe all the data and restart again?

Hmm, debatable.. we've generally been ok flashing over the top of the previous version.. but FR20 is likely to be an ext4 based ROM, so it's quite possible that a wipe and reflash will be required. Sometimes it's unavoidable - but Paul does make a concious effort to ensure that's not the case.

Guest jon.m.knight

My WIFI keeps dropping out. So how can i fix it please HELP!!!

Did you update your baseband? If so, which one did you use? There's a gingerbread and a non-gingerbread version of the 0622 baseband. Ensure you update with the corresponding one. If you didn't - I'd strongly advise to do so.

Also - you may want to check which channel your router is outputting on, I had my wifi dropping on some of the high-end channels.

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest mankian

yea my basaband is 1035.21_20110622 and some programs get a black screen and don't respond and the phone freezes.

either, your using an app thats not very good, or, if its doing it on after a fresh rom install, you got a hardware issue...