28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi, first of all thanks for this ROM. It is great and is the one I use daily.

I used an app with my old milestone called CPUStats ( http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=876705 )

It does not work with the Optimus 2x because an module is needed. The module is cpufreq_stats. Would be possible to compile it to the Optimus?

fr18 i think was with the OC capabilities.

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Hello Everybody,

Due to the recent death of my beloved Acer Liquid E, i managed to get my hands on a O2X, that, despite all the bad talk, seems to be a pretty good device (Ages ahead of the Liquid anyways). Ive always been a huge modaco fan, partially because the Liquid had much more going on here than at XDA, but ive come to trust users/devs here, obviously for a good reason. Said that, Ive always tried to comply with the 1st rule of moding smartphones which is none else than 'B4 start flashing, Know what u r doing' so here i am, bothering once again users and devs as a (once again) noob :-) So, just a few quick question, related to this ROM, which seems to be THE option for me (If u trust a forum's devs, u surely must trust its founder lol). I want to apologise beforehand if by some way im Hjacking (which i believe i dont) and ask for your patience, this is btw a 233 pages thread.

1) This ROM should be flashed using CWM v4.0.0.5 (as stated in p.1). The version installed on the phone atm is Internal CWM-based recovery v4.0.1.4 R3 by Russ, found at XDA. Should i proceed with flashing or should i make sure that 4.0.0.5 is installed instead?

2) Apart from baseband, which needs to be updated to 1035.21_20110622, should i update anything else b4 flashing? Got stock FroYo 2.2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.9-dirty, FRG83G, V10b on the phone atm. The phone is rooted with Super One Click using djmcnz's method, found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=953182. Ive also flashed Stock Performance Pack by Paul found at (albeit without being sure that it worked)

Thanx for ur time reading this and any suggestions

EDIT: Do I really have to update the baseband, the procedure seems a little bit tricky (bricking fear causes user to sweat.. lol)

EDIT2: The phone was bought from Expansys Spain (I live in Spain) but due to lack in stock it was sent from Expansys UK (british phone). Just thought id mention that, dont know if its got something to due with radio/baseband issues or not

Peace

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Hello Everybody,

Due to the recent death of my beloved Acer Liquid E, i managed to get my hands on a O2X, that, despite all the bad talk, seems to be a pretty good device (Ages ahead of the Liquid anyways). Ive always been a huge modaco fan, partially because the Liquid had much more going on here than at XDA, but ive come to trust users/devs here, obviously for a good reason. Said that, Ive always tried to comply with the 1st rule of moding smartphones which is none else than 'B4 start flashing, Know what u r doing' so here i am, bothering once again users and devs as a (once again) noob :-) So, just a few quick question, related to this ROM, which seems to be THE option for me (If u trust a forum's devs, u surely must trust its founder lol). I want to apologise beforehand if by some way im Hjacking (which i believe i dont) and ask for your patience, this is btw a 233 pages thread.

1) This ROM should be flashed using CWM v4.0.0.5 (as stated in p.1). The version installed on the phone atm is Internal CWM-based recovery v4.0.1.4 R3 by Russ, found at XDA. Should i proceed with flashing or should i make sure that 4.0.0.5 is installed instead?

2) Apart from baseband, which needs to be updated to 1035.21_20110622, should i update anything else b4 flashing? Got stock FroYo 2.2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.9-dirty, FRG83G, V10b on the phone atm. The phone is rooted with Super One Click using djmcnz's method, found at http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=953182. Ive also flashed Stock Performance Pack by Paul found at http://android.modac...rformance-pack/ (albeit without being sure that it worked)

Thanx for ur time reading this and any suggestions

EDIT: Do I really have to update the baseband, the procedure seems a little bit tricky (bricking fear causes user to sweat.. lol)

EDIT2: The phone was bought from Expansys Spain (I live in Spain) but due to lack in stock it was sent from Expansys UK (british phone). Just thought id mention that, dont know if its got something to due with radio/baseband issues or not

Peace

I think answer for both questions are NO. I'm currently using FR19 (Fear Kill) with CWM 4.0.0.9 and Basband 725

Don't Flash this ROM now. Paul will release FR20 after 30th. Wait for it :)

Guest Ximo F. Verde

I think answer for both questions are NO. I'm currently using FR19 (Fear Kill) with CWM 4.0.0.9 and Basband 725

Don't Flash this ROM now. Paul will release FR20 after 30th. Wait for it :)

Thanx for the input man, much appreciated

Thanx for the input man, much appreciated

Why don't you do official update via LGMobile Update tool then you will get latest basband + firmware. later you can flash Paul's ROM if needed :)

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Why don't you do official update via LGMobile Update tool then you will get latest basband + firmware. later you can flash Paul's ROM if needed :)

To be absolutely honest, im not sure whether the phone will run better or not. Im quite happy with it atm, only had 1-2 reboots in 3 weeks of (rather heavy) usage. Has to be done though anyways i suppose..

Guest reb00tz

Just thought i'd post an update.

<SNIP>

Thanks for you ongoing support... :)

P

Hi Paul,

Firstly, thanks for all the hard work, it has turned my "useless" O2X into something that my iPhone 4 using friends are actually envious of!

Secondly, I've got a couple of questions in regards to the FR19:

• when I bake with or without the SQLlite (speed) patch, there does not seem to be a difference in any of the files (other than the options.txt); is this correct or am I missing something?
  • there appears to be an issue with the HTC IME option whereby the dictionary doesn't seem to save (created a new request for help topic with details here)

Meanwhile, have a good break!

Thanks!

Guest Brock Sampson

• Added MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) r20 to the kitchen in expert options. This is for testing, please report back results! Initial changes are TUN and CIFS modules, EXT4 support (although the boot image is still currently EXT3 at this time) and other minor performance tweaks.

Working great so far: 2740 in quadrant, good battery life, etc.

The only quirk is that it doesn't work with Pimp My Cpu.

@paul hope you safly back to work after awesome holiday.

when we will get fr20 and gr3 ? ;)

asked him yesterday over on twitter; his has to wait till his pc will be fixed before he can work on our beloved rom(s).

Over on xda, someone made a custom rom out of the unofficial v20d GB version...and the resonance is promising, especially for battery life.

lets hope paul gets his hands on the same sources and makes it even better

Edited by Steppo

Guest Deathmo

Over on xda, someone made a custom rom out of the unofficial v20d GB version...and the resonance is promising, especially for battery life.

lets hope paul gets his hands on the same sources and makes it even better

Yes Rom is very good.

Use it since yesterday and no fc or reboots and baterylife is awesome.

But it is build on v20c and not d. ^^

Yes Rom is very good.

Use it since yesterday and no fc or reboots and baterylife is awesome.

But it is build on v20c and not d. ^^

Opps sorry, a typo rolleyes.gif

did u flash the recommended BB ?

Edited by Steppo

Hey folks!

Back from holiday to a failing hard disk on my iMac, which is now fixed. :) I've hit up my source for the latest O2X Froyo and GB releases so we can get the new MCRs out. Fun times! :)

While you're waiting, check out my GetJar patched app and grab some free software - details. :)

P

Guest frantic777

Hey folks!

Back from holiday to a failing hard disk on my iMac, which is now fixed. :) I've hit up my source for the latest O2X Froyo and GB releases so we can get the new MCRs out. Fun times! :)

While you're waiting, check out my GetJar patched app and grab some free software - details. :)

P

Hey!

Hope you had great holiday!

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Hi All

I have just went into the procedure of flashing Fr19 because of some ugly battery reading craziness followed by some huge battery drain on stock v10d (to which I earlier had updated from v10b using LG update tool - Its v10d Europe if not mistaken). So i installed CWM found here in modaco, smartflash program & drivers, flashed BB 622 (which did not wipe my int sdcard for some reason), booted in recovery, wiped data/cache/dalvik cache, flashed Fr19, made sure that data/sdcard/cache are mounted and rebooted. Did this twice and in both cases im stuck on the LG boot logo with the 'loading lines' below it.. Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance

PS Wellcome back Paul :)

EDIT: Havent been able to think of something.. Damn it. Another quick q: From experience what are the best bin/BB combinations for the Fr19? Living in Spain (No Vodafone)

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Hi All

I have just went into the procedure of flashing Fr19 because of some ugly battery reading craziness followed by some huge battery drain on stock v10d (to which I earlier had updated from v10b using LG update tool - Its v10d Europe if not mistaken). So i installed CWM found here in modaco, smartflash program & drivers, flashed BB 622 (which did not wipe my int sdcard for some reason), booted in recovery, wiped data/cache/dalvik cache, flashed Fr19, made sure that data/sdcard/cache are mounted and rebooted. Did this twice and in both cases im stuck on the LG boot logo with the 'loading lines' below it.. Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance

PS Wellcome back Paul :)

EDIT: Havent been able to think of something.. Damn it. Another quick q: From experience what are the best bin/BB combinations for the Fr19? Living in Spain (No Vodafone)

I tried it all from the beginning. Flashed v10c Spain w/ smartflash, flash CWM 4.0.1.5, did backup, flashed BB 622, went to CWM, wiped all, flashed Gr19 and.... Nothing. Rebooted and its stuck at the LG logo with the 'loading' bar.. Damn it!

Hey folks!

P

Great! Welcome back Paul :) We missed you ;)

Guest Ximo F. Verde

A couple of quick questions..

Over which FroYo bins can this ROM be installed? Would v10c (Spain) and v10d (Europe Open) would be ok? Also.. Which BINs do basebands 622 & 725 correspond to?

Thanx

Just an update that i'm still waiting for my source to upload the latest ROMs - he's pretty busy but says he should be able to do so by the end of the week. I've asked him to confirm which are the latest versions so I can see if I can source them elsewhere. Doing my best! :)

P

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Just an update that i'm still waiting for my source to upload the latest ROMs - he's pretty busy but says he should be able to do so by the end of the week. I've asked him to confirm which are the latest versions so I can see if I can source them elsewhere. Doing my best! :)

P

Thanx a bunch for the update Paul! Standing by for more :-)

BTW I finally managed to get Fr19 up n running, here's a small guide of exactly what i did, in case somebody else got stuck on the LG logo screen with a 'frozen' bar below it:

Smartflash: flash v10d EUOpen. If connection problems occur, reinstall mobile drivers (downloading the latest drivers from LG's update tool, and then uninstalling it)

Boot the phone and format external SDcard, USB debug on and root w/ superoneclick (psneuter method)

Reboot

Copy Fr19.zip to external SDcard

Download - install ROM Manager/CWM Recovery

Boot in Recovery

Backup

Wipe All

Flash zip from sd card

Reboot

I guess the problem must have been either the drivers or some bad copy of the zip file to the pc or the phone. Formating the external SDcard b4 backing up and flashing seems to have help the situation.

Laters

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

P

v10e ?