28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

One thing we probably are gonna have to do is to have a wipe-update. I want to move the certs on some parts (e.g. framework res) to SDK certs to make customising and skinning easier... and this means a wipe.

This will let us apply a stock Froyo look, use stock contacts / dialer, theme easier and much more, so it IS worth it. Probably coming for r4, thank goodness for Titanium Backup. :D

P

In all seriousness - The screen backlight value is editable throgh native android widgets, locale, widgetsoid etc. so it must be accessible to some extent. Given that Widgetsoid is able to show the current settting, the numerical value must be readable. So "all" you need to do would be adding an option in the button backlight app that would read the screen brightness value instead of the value input by the user :D

Yeah, i'm hearing you, it should indeed be possible. I'll add it as a 'possible future project'. :D

P

Guest Gilg@mesh
One thing we probably are gonna have to do is to have a wipe-update. I want to move the certs on some parts (e.g. framework res) to SDK certs to make customising and skinning easier... and this means a wipe.

This will let us apply a stock Froyo look, use stock contacts / dialer, theme easier and much more, so it IS worth it. Probably coming for r4, thank goodness for Titanium Backup. :D

P

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest poi2005

Cool ROM!! Thanks Paul.

After playing around with it, is so smooth :D

Quadrant scoring at average 2800 :D

Just wondering, is is possible to test the ROM with Android Emulator, I am hoping to learn how to customise ROM, and any handy tips/advise would be good :(

99% have stock Calendar app working too... so we have stock MMS, stock calendar, stock contacts, stock dialer, stock launcher, i'll be doing a stock Froyo theme... I think that's about everything for a generic look right? :D

P

Guest ezangrando
99% have stock Calendar app working too... so we have stock MMS, stock calendar, stock contacts, stock dialer, stock launcher, i'll be doing a stock Froyo theme... I think that's about everything for a generic look right? :D

P

Good work =D i just need the stock lockscreen! PLs can you add it on kitchen? :D

Good work =D i just need the stock lockscreen! PLs can you add it on kitchen? :D

Ah yeah, forgot the lockscreen. Hmmm, could be tricky but should be possible (I did it for the Blade).

P

Guest ezangrando
Ah yeah, forgot the lockscreen. Hmmm, could be tricky but should be possible (I did it for the Blade).

P

Thanks! can't w8 for r4! :D

Guest MaliciousKen

2nd that. Stock lock screen is the best! The LG lock screen lags like nobody business.

Very nice rom, scoring quadrant of 2700++

Thanks paul!

Edited by MaliciousKen

Guest Korumera

Small question:

You can upload a zip file contain apps you wanna use in your custom rom. But for let's say gosms and go launcher ex what dir structure do i need to make? I cant find the apps with a file explorer so they are probably installed on an other mount point.

/system/apps contains the normal standard apps , can i put them in there? Or is it something else?

Guest Gilg@mesh
Small question:

You can upload a zip file contain apps you wanna use in your custom rom. But for let's say gosms and go launcher ex what dir structure do i need to make? I cant find the apps with a file explorer so they are probably installed on an other mount point.

/system/apps contains the normal standard apps , can i put them in there? Or is it something else?

I also tried that but it did not work for me :/

Edited by Gilg@mesh

Guest ezangrando

ehm, i have a problem with the tethering settings, as you can see it say web.omnitel.it instead of mobile.vodafone.it and when i activate tethering USB it connect me there! It's the old wap apn that is expensive.. i can't remove that option, pls need help :D

20110330171416.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ps . Another nice thing could be the nexus one boot animation instead of the laggy lg one :D

Edited by ezangrando

Guest gensplejs

Im still amazed at how LG managed to make the lockscreen lag on this phone... it lags more than the htc lockscreen on my old htc hero....

Guest gensplejs
ehm, i have a problem with the tethering settings, as you can see it say web.omnitel.it instead of mobile.vodafone.it and when i activate tethering USB it connect me there! It's the old wap apn that is expensive.. i can't remove that option, pls need help :D

20110330171416.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ps . Another nice thing could be the nexus one boot animation instead of the laggy lg one :D

Another odd thing.... how did LG make the F****NG boot animation lag!

Guest nikjensie

Thanks for getting the Custom ROMs started Paul!

Quick q on this ROM... I'm a frequent user of Voice Dialer and I am missing the feature of

initiating it from my BT headset on this ROM... do you know if it's do-able/fixable?

//Nik

Edited by nikjensie

Guest djmcnz
Small question:

system/app (no 's' on the end)

or

data/app

:D

Fr4 is now in the kitchen.

A WIPE IS MANDATORY FOR Fr4! Apologies, but this is unavoidable for this release. I recommend using Titanium Backup to back up your data. Wipe BEFORE installing the ROM.

I am updating the changelog now... :D

P