[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest pedrojaime

thanks guys, will try these out. Now for a newbie question, what does 'x ROM released with online kitchen' mean?? Is it that the rom can be updated online using ROM Manager? Very confused with that terminology..

Guest jeddy1
thanks guys, will try these out. Now for a newbie question, what does 'x ROM released with online kitchen' mean?? Is it that the rom can be updated online using ROM Manager? Very confused with that terminology..

no.. u can cook a rom online as u want it ( with the apps u want or anything else is available in the kitchen )

Edited by jeddy1

Guest totiadrenalin
I never realised that having a min CPU frequency set very low was a bad thing but I can see you're logic (CPU ramping up and down constantly could mean less performance), not sure if I agree with it though. Like Casterina says, I guess it depends on if you prefer performance or longer battery. Personally, I don't want my phone running full pelt burning the battery down when its sitting in my pocket doing nothing.

@James Kei: I am looking forward to the future when Android implements >=2.6.38 kernel (who knows when this will be..) - its definitely made my Linux box at home a lot more responsive: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=arti...video&num=1 :P

Does anyone know of a good speed dial app for android? The only way I have worked out how to do this is adding a 'direct dial' shortcut icon to the desktop. The only other functionality I miss from my old phone which I haven't worked out how to do on Android is having increasing volume as the ringtone is playing - sometimes I would prefer the ringtone not to play full blast when I am at work!

thanks,

Peter

When You Lock your phone, the cpu is used as less as it could be!

Don't worry about that!

Of course if you install some apps that stays alive constantly and use the cpu all the time.

Preventing the phone from sleep!

I can guess!

We all use the Desk Clock!

For the alarm of course!

But did you notice that when you start that app and you have your phone connected, 3G or WiFi, It doesn't matter, that you get the weather informations?!

Ha ha ha! :unsure:

It's the GenieWidget !

What?

A service that stays in ram and use the cpu 24/7/12 a year?

And drain the battery all of the time?

And not only that app.

SetCpu, swapper2, The Maps application, the Market app, DownloadManager app, and etc, stays in ram as services and use the cpu, while the phone is waked (Screen on).

But they don't drain the battery when the phone is idle!

Something have to prevent the phone from sleeping, and keep's it wake even when you lock your phone, and don't use it a long period of time!

Do you use some task killer?

Try to ask you self how does this app constantly kill the apps even when your phone is sleeping?

Also!

People!

Our phone have very low amount of ram memory!

And no swap or compcache could save it!

Why!

The Ram memory speed of our phone is near 140MB/S and the class 10 sdcard is not faster than 10-13MB/S!

:)

And what about the compcache?

Well if we had about 20BM more ram it could be the perfect solution!

But we have only 107MB of ram, and if we take out 18%(19.26MB) we will left with 87.74MB of ram, and 19.26MB of swap (Compcache).

Nether the compcache memory of 19.26MB or the 87.74MB of ram will be enough!

We all should stop posting issues related to the lac of ram!

No FC could be permanently fixed with freezing the system apps.

Or with the swap or comcpache!

Did you notice that when you fresh flash your phone with CM7, CM6, or even with the flbmod 1.7 you don't get FC at all!

But wehn you start installing apps then the phone stop performing as it should be!

To keep your phone running fast, start taking care of what apps you are installing on your phone!

Start reading the comments in the market for every app you want to install on your phone!

And you should keep your phone running fast enough!

And one more thing!

If you use:

Skype, facebook, tweeter, or any kind of messenger app

Try to logout each time you don't use the app!

Because they stays in ram as services, and using the CPU!

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest jeddy1
When You Lock your phone, the cpu is used as less as it could be!

Don't worry about that!

Of course if you install some apps that stays alive constantly and use the cpu all the time.

Preventing the phone from sleep!

I can guess!

We all use the Desk Clock!

For the alarm of course!

But did you notice that when you start that app and you have your phone connected, 3G or WiFi, It doesn't matter, that you get the weather informations?!

Ha ha ha! :unsure:

It's the GenieWidget !

What?

A service that stays in ram and use the cpu 24/7/12 a year?

And drain the battery all of the time?

And not only that app.

SetCpu, swapper2, The Maps application, the Market app, DownloadManager app, and etc, stays in ram as services and use the cpu, while the phone is waked (Screen on).

But they don't drain the battery when the phone is idle!

Something have to prevent the phone from sleeping, and keep's it wake even when you lock your phone, and don't use it a long period of time!

Do you use some task killer?

Try to ask you self how does this app constantly kill the apps even when your phone is sleeping?

Also!

People!

Our phone have very low amount of ram memory!

And no swap or compcache could save it!

Why!

The Ram memory speed of our phone is near 140MB/S and the class 10 sdcard is not faster than 10-13MB/S!

:)

And what about the compcache?

Well if we had about 20BM more ram it could be the perfect solution!

But we have only 107MB of ram, and if we take out 18%(19.26MB) we will left with 87.74MB of ram, and 19.26MB of swap (Compcache).

Nether the compcache memory of 19.26MB or the 87.74MB of ram will be enough!

We all should stop posting issues related to the lac of ram!

No FC could be permanently fixed with freezing the system apps.

Or with the swap or comcpache!

Did you notice that when you fresh flash your phone with CM7, CM6, or even with the flbmod 1.7 you don't get FC at all!

But wehn you start installing apps then the phone stop performing as it should be!

To keep your phone running fast, start taking care of what apps you are installing on your phone!

Start reading the comments in the market for every app you want to install on your phone!

And you should keep your phone running fast enough!

And one more thing!

If you use:

Skype, facebook, tweeter, or any kind of messenger app

Try to logout each time you don't use the app!

Because they stays in ram as services, and using the CPU!

Best regards

TOTI

+1 :P correct

(just that i am not using cm7 for the moment )

Guest pedrojaime

Great insight Toti! I for one have noticed that 25M or more free RAM makes the phone run very smoothly without any delays or problems. I was also looking for a light file manager the other day. It turns out that OI File Manager (that comes with CM7) is the lightest and fastest I can find. Like with any computer, the hardware IMO is over-rated, I agree with Toti here that taking care what software you install makes the biggest difference to Android performance..

Guest D-D-

For everything else I agree, but...

Bigger RAM would improve our phones, but not much. The reason is that we have SDRAM (synchronous DRAM - classical SDRAM) and not DDR (known as first generation of SDRAM) and above (to be more precise LPDDR).

Every other phone has DDR RAM and that is why it's faster.

So I dont think that the speed of the actual ram that we have is 140mb/s, I think is much less than that...

I might be wrong tho.

Guest turke

Hey, I'm pretty new to android modding but I've owned a pulse for ages now, recently updated to their latest official 2.1 android OS, what does this mod give me performance/feature wise over the official update? thanks

Guest Casterina
Hey, I'm pretty new to android modding but I've owned a pulse for ages now, recently updated to their latest official 2.1 android OS, what does this mod give me performance/feature wise over the official update? thanks

download the roms and see what suits you best

Edited by Casterina

Guest pedrojaime

Thanks jeddy1, I always wondered what 'online kitchen' meant.

In the end, I am using a minimalist dialer which speeds up the phone functions. For example, with the stock dialer, it takes 3 rings (on the caller's phone) on average for the phone to start ringing but with dialer2 it takes only 1 ring. Its not as feature-rich as touchpad dialer (no favourites tab), cannot add/delete contacts, but it has everything I need in a nice, clean interface and you can display favourites at the start of your contact list to find them quickly. You can always go into the stock dialer to edit contacts though and it seems to rely on the dialer service to work no you cannot freeze that.. Now I have a fast phone as well as a fast Android device. The dialpad seems easier to use with one hand too. You can also set speedial to numbers 0-9. At the end of the day, phones nowadays are so smart that they do everything well except make/receive calls properly so this really helps!

Edited by pedrojaime

Guest turke

This has been a huge headache for me.

I downloaded clockwork mod from the market place but I needed a rooted phone, so I began to root it, half way through my pulse gets stuck in a booting loop. I'm in this screen now and got the gapps and the other zip package to install, but not the rom zip. It starts installing it then gives an error.

E:Error in /sdcard/cm7-pulse-20110420-signed.zip

(status 7)

installation aborted

any help?

Guest Casterina

I downloaded clockwork mod from the market place but I needed a rooted phone, so I began to root it, half way through my pulse gets stuck in a booting loop. I'm in this screen now and got the gapps and the other zip package to install, but not the rom zip. It starts installing it then gives an error.

(status 7)

installation aborted

any help?

download rom manager and then go on flash recovery.

Guest turke
download rom manager and then go on flash recovery.

I download that from the market place, correct? But i can't get into my phone to access the market place, or to install the app from a downloaded apk

Edited by turke

Guest Casterina
I download that from the market place, correct? But i can't get into my phone to access the market place, or to install the app from a downloaded apk

Are still with the stock android without root.. or have you got CM7 installed? if so download the 20th april version because it has the market fix.

Guest turke
Are still with the stock android without root.. or have you got CM7 installed? if so download the 20th april version because it has the market fix.

I had the latest 2.1 update and wanted to use cm7, so I went about doing so, but my phone is in a loop and won't boot into the OS and I can't seem to flash any rom on the phone. So I can't do anything but boot into that screen I posted before, and apply sdcard:update.zip option doesnt work, and the CM7 rom zip doesn't work in apply sdcard:choose zip option

here is the full error when I choose the rom zip from the sdcard:choose zip option

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "pulse" || getprop "ro.bE:unknown command [uild.product")]

getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8220" || getprop "ro.build.proE:unknown command [duct")]

getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8230" || getprop "ro.build.proE:unknown command [duct")]

(status 7)

installation aborted

Edited by turke

Guest Casterina
I had the latest 2.1 update and wanted to use cm7, so I went about doing so, but my phone is in a loop and won't boot into the OS and I can't seem to flash any rom on the phone. So I can't do anything but boot into that screen I posted before, and apply sdcard:update.zip option doesnt work, and the CM7 rom zip doesn't work in apply sdcard:choose zip option

you need to go into recovery mode (press power off, volume down and menu)..

Guest kyo123

I had tested this CM7 mod on my U8230 too, it's quite slow for U8230. Anyhow the major problem i face is I can't play angry bird, sob sob.....

Guest turke
You have to hold down all the 3 buttons until recovery mode starts.

I did, but it just went into it's booting loop

I got clockworkmod to install finally, and booted into it, tried to install cm7 in it and got the same error as before

100_0081.JPG

Edited by turke

Guest sanyiamokus

Hi, i use this rom on a Huawei u8230, works fine, but i have a bug with the headphone.

The statusbar icon of the headphone is shown correctly, but the headphone is silent and the phonespeaker remains active.

Must be a core problem, because i tried every music player app (stock music player, winamp, tunein .. etc) and always the same.

Any idea? Thanks in advance!

Edited by sanyiamokus

Guest D-D-

Happened to me...

Get the headphones out, restart the phone, after it's fully booted, plug in the headphones and after plugging them in, start the music.

It should work.

Guest totiadrenalin

(status 7)

installation aborted

any help?

Just to help you with rooting your phone!

Simply download the z4root.apk application from 4shared.com

And you can root your phone in less than minute!