[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest houzey
I installed the latest rom, gapps, and DT A2SD, but my phone still restarts if I'm trying to install apps. What may cause the problem?

you´ve allredy tryed "a2sd reinstall"? its like the cure for everything atm! :D

Guest antonioj07
I installed the latest rom, gapps, and DT A2SD, but my phone still restarts if I'm trying to install apps. What may cause the problem?

yep...and i tried repairing permimissions, like someone suggested, without success...i just read some posts before, and it seems the problem is with the new ROM, not GAPPS...

Guest antonioj07

I am sorry, THIS solves the problem! Everything working fine now!

Guest KeioZ

When i Type it, it tells me "reboot: Applet not found"

Guest focuzz

I had same problem with CM6. It was problem with A2SD. And solution was (for me) to not come into Applications section of CM if you do not want to use it. I can't remember, but it seems solution was something like

a2sd remove

but i am not sure.

Guest anarkill

applet not fount - bug of the a2sd. reboot manually =)

I see that many people have problems with the work of the Market. Maybe i can post my recovery backup with working market??

Guest jimmie32

@anarkill, different devices may run differently... but yeah, post a stock nandroid for us to try. Probably it will work for all of us! :D

I'm thinking.. can't we distribute the nandroid backups (if it works for all devices, u8220, u8230, u8220-6, etc) with different configurations, that were flashed on a working phone? If this fixes the problem this might be the way to go. We can just restore boot and system from that, keeping data and it'll work. Will it? B)

Guest will8578

i was having a look on a think it is the gsm website, gives a load of phones and their specs, there's not a lot of phones out there with gingerbread, a lot of them have froyo, so its amazing that TomG and AntonioPT have got this working on the pulse :D

Guest will8578
"Settings -> CyanogenMod Settings -> Performance -> CPU Settings" :D

whats the difference in there as in, ondemand pefermance, etc, which is the best one to pick? thanks.

Guest anarkill
whats the difference in there as in, ondemand pefermance, etc, which is the best one to pick? thanks.

The best work with ONDEMAND mod and Min: 691 Mhz Max: 728 Mhz

Guest anarkill
another pain in the arse question? with your backup, do i need to wipe anything or just backup from the rom i was using?

Maybe need to reset the system settings after restore my backup because there is my google account. Simple delete it will not work because it is used in google market. But I don't sure that market be working after you do it.

If you want to do it:

After restore go to the "Settings -> Privacy" and press "Factory data rezet".

But You can simply turn off my Google account and add your own. Then everything will work.

Edited by anarkill

Guest Boony123

for anyone still having troubles installing gapps just go into the rom and delete the bootanimation.zip gives 1.8meg space think that should be plenty of space to install them worked for me. but some apps force close right away just tryin some stuff but some apps work an some dont :S

i did edit the ramdisk to see if i could get the cam working but so far no luck, might have a look at the kernal but never done that b4 :S dont know how to edit the kernal.img etc :D

Edited by Boony123

Guest will8578

@ anarkill - i cant even get that far mate, getting a boot error, think its too big for my pulse, if thats poss, iv tried wiping everything and then ur backup but same thing boot error, thanks for all your help, i went back to the cm6 but i might try again the cm7 and put ur setting and the other tips from here, thanks.

Guest Casterina
unusuable rom,no market,,wild bootloops,a2sd errors,apps not loading,and if you follow the authors instuctions you will get nowhere.seems he has posted and gone on holiday after his hasty posting of an unusable rom.

You shouldn't be having problems, if you followed the instructions which Antonio put up.

Guest anarkill

Solution with market found! (Maybe)

Who have just started to put this ROM:

1) Install this ROM and DT a2sd. Don't install GAPPS!!

2) Boot phone and enter in terminal

su

a2sd reinstall

reboot
Then
su

a2sd cachesd

reboot
Then
su

a2sd swappy15

3) After it boot into recovery and flash GAPPS =)

Enjoy the ROM with a working market!

Edited by anarkill

Guest JimMorrison723
What CPU Settings you set?

I use my U8230 whole this day with 691-728 Mhz CPU. It's work great and don't became hot! Phone heats only while charging.

i used the same, or 710mhz for max, if it is possible.

Guest anarkill
Could someone please upload a video of this on their pulse to YouTube.

I don't fully understand you...

you want someone made the video from GingerBread on u8220/u8230 and send it on youtube?

Edited by anarkill