[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest rulerofkaos

I tested it and the performance is better than I expected! I hope that Tom can make the camera working, then it would be a usable rom.

Guest iKrautDroid
I don't fully understand you...

you want someone made the video from GingerBread on u8220/u8230 and send it on youtube?

No,I would really appreciate it if somebody could film a video of this rom running on their pulse and upload it to YouTube so that I can see what its like because I sold my pulse.

Guest houzey

I dont know if I am the only one experiencing this issue, but everytime I use the search widget and close it, it sticks to the upper bottom but the widgets frame seems to be located in the center of the srcreen. Impossible to use --> so I have to erase the widget after each use and readd it ..

Guest Pulseuser1
unusuable rom,no market,,wild bootloops,a2sd errors,apps not loading,and if you follow the authors instuctions you will get nowhere.seems he has posted and gone on holiday after his hasty posting of an unusable rom.

Well...since this ROM is actually an alpha, all of the things u just mentioned are likely to happen. The rom hasnt even finished its development.

And instead of complaining about the guys who actually provided us with the rom without getting paid and just doing it in THEIR FREE-TIME, i suggest you try and help (even if your 'noob') with findin out other bugs that may be in the CM7 rom.

And...he can go on holiday whenever he likes, its his life....

Think before you post :D

Guest Muzifei
I had same problem with CM6. It was problem with A2SD. And solution was (for me) to not come into Applications section of CM if you do not want to use it. I can't remember, but it seems solution was something like

a2sd remove

but i am not sure.

"a2sd remove" the code perfectly resolve the app install problem. Thanks.

Guest TiagoGV

i've installed the new update and now when i want to insatlal any app the phone reboots. Also the gapps don't work , i don't have market installed. Can u guys help me?

Guest jonnybird
i've installed the new update and now when i want to insatlal any app the phone reboots. Also the gapps don't work , i don't have market installed. Can u guys help me?

I had the same problem and did exactly what it says Anarkill, open the terminal emulator and "a2sd reinstall" reboot, later "a2sd cachesd" reboot and become operational.

I installed apps and everything ok

Guest westportau
Well...since this ROM is actually an alpha, all of the things u just mentioned are likely to happen. The rom hasnt even finished its development.

And instead of complaining about the guys who actually provided us with the rom without getting paid and just doing it in THEIR FREE-TIME, i suggest you try and help (even if your 'noob') with findin out other bugs that may be in the CM7 rom.

And...he can go on holiday whenever he likes, its his life....

Think before you post :D

instructions on rom installation are useless,,read page one,,they don,t work and read other peoples comments,,rom has a2sd problem,,,,if this rom was on xda it would be deleted by now.

Guest pk0102
instructions on rom installation are useless,,read page one,,they don,t work and read other peoples comments,,rom has a2sd problem,,,,if this rom was on xda it would be deleted by now.

Please respect the author of this rom. He use his private time to make it without any profit. If you do not like this rom, please just ignore such posts and please do not blame on antonio.

Please also consider that the pulse phone have different version. It may have some compatibility problems for some phones. Besides, it is only a ALPHA version for testing ONLY.

For my experience, this rom is pretty good except the camera. I appreciate the work of antonio very much.

Guest antonioj07
I had the same problem and did exactly what it says Anarkill, open the terminal emulator and "a2sd reinstall" reboot, later "a2sd cachesd" reboot and become operational.

I installed apps and everything ok

Once i solved the app instalation problem, i´ve been using this ROM on my work phone permanently (don´t need the camera)...no problems at all. CM6 was more unstable. So STFU

There was so many people asking me to give them a CM7 ROM that I decided to make a thread...

Hi Antonio!

Thank you for your work, I use your cm+ ROM, and it is ideal for me because the DroidWall support.

Can you make a custom cm7 kernel to enable support for DroidWall too? :D

Thanks...

Guest jrodrigues

You people are f****** amazing.

Tom, Antonio, Toti, Flibblesan, BigBear, Twrock, and all the other contributors (the real contributors) to the development of the Pulse do this on their FREE TIME! It's a HOBBY! Something they do just for FUN. The get no money for it. These guys have real jobs that actually pay them!

And some people come in here with demands and criticism! It's a miracle that a low end phone like the U8220/U8230 has come this far! When I got my U8230 it came with Android 1.5! And now, thanks to these guys, it runs on 2.2 and there is CM7 on the way!

People should be grateful and offer help. No one has the right to make demands. And if you are not willing to contribute in a positive manner I suggest you stuff it and move on to different phones and their forums.

Edited by jrodrigues

Guest AntonioPT
unusuable rom,no market,,wild bootloops,a2sd errors,apps not loading,and if you follow the authors instuctions you will get nowhere.seems he has posted and gone on holiday after his hasty posting of an unusable rom.

First of all, let me get things straight. I don't do this for a living. I am a student and I do this kind of stuff on my free time. I didn't go on holiday, I was just busy with other stuff. And if I did? What's your f-ing problem?

I spent many hours trying to get this ROM as it is, not excellent, but fairly good. And most people tend to agree on that. If you don't like it, don't use it.

You should be thankful.

Really, you should be banned from the internet. :D

Hi Antonio!

Thank you for your work, I use your cm+ ROM, and it is ideal for me because the DroidWall support.

Can you make a custom cm7 kernel to enable support for DroidWall too? B)

Thanks...

My next version will include DroidWall support.

How about implementing This SD card fix in the rom?

Yes, that will also go on the next version.

cyanogen 7.0.0-rc4..............how stable is it??????

any bugs i should know bout.....

Currently this ROM is not yet based on RC4 (it's RC2 I believe), but on the next version I will update the source.

You people are f****** amazing.

Tom, Antonio, Toti, Flibblesan, BigBear, Twrock, and all the other contributors (the real contributors) to the development of the Pulse do this on their FREE TIME! It's a HOBBY! Something they do just for FUN. The get no money for it. These guys have real jobs that actually pay them!

And some people come in here with demands and criticism! It's a miracle that a low end phone like the U8220/U8230 has come this far! When I got my U8230 it came with Android 1.5! And now, thanks these guys, it runs on 2.2 and there is CM7 on the way!

People should be grateful and offer help. No one has the right to make demands. And if you are not willing to contribute in a positive manner I suggest you stuff it and move on to different phones and their forums.

Thank you ;)

It sucks to spend hours and hours trying to help the community just so some guys can come here and criticize what I do.

Thanks to you and to all the people who have tested and used this ROM.

--

I will add the instructions anarkill provided to fix the market/a2sd issue on the first post.

On the next version I will also update the source, so that we get the latest CyanogenMod goodies (added performance and features), and I will also incorporate the SD card speed tweak and a DroidWall-compatible kernel.

I'll also start working on the camera, trying to use libs from a Froyo "trial" Huawei released for a similar phone and trying to modify the Hero's driver to work on our phones.

Guest jeddy1
First of all, let me get things straight. I don't do this for a living. I am a student and I do this kind of stuff on my free time. I didn't go on holiday, I was just busy with other stuff. And if I did? What's your f-ing problem?

I spent many hours trying to get this ROM as it is, not excellent, but fairly good. And most people tend to agree on that. If you don't like it, don't use it.

You should be thankful.

Really, you should be banned from the internet. :D

My next version will include DroidWall support.

Yes, that will also go on the next version.

Currently this ROM is not yet based on RC4 (it's RC2 I believe), but on the next version I will update the source.

Thank you :D

It sucks to spend hours and hours trying to help the community just so some guys can come here and criticize what I do.

Thanks to you and to all the people who have tested and used this ROM.

--

I will add the instructions anarkill provided to fix the market/a2sd issue on the first post.

On the next version I will also update the source, so that we get the latest CyanogenMod goodies (added performance and features), and I will also incorporate the SD card speed tweak and a DroidWall-compatible kernel.

I'll also start working on the camera, trying to use libs from a Froyo "trial" Huawei released for a similar phone and trying to modify the Hero's driver to work on our phones.

i would say just dont give a f*** what they say and continue ur good work as u wish,as u want,as u like.i didnt tried yet cm7 but i will now B).thanks btw ;)

Guest anarkill

I got the bug. I set up my ringtone on the call and on the notice. But after some (all the time different) time tunes back to the standard. What causes and what to do?

Sorry for my bad English!

Edited by anarkill