Official 2.2 upgrade for Swedish Comviq and TeliaSonera phones

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest rickywyatt

i was the one how first tryed this i think i was the one with the imie that come corrupt but i did not use the flasher that came with this t.p.t rom

Guest kallt_kaffe
Just installed Swedish Spring RLS4b after the Gen 2 Flash Thing. And it says that in No-frills CPU control I get 480MHz, 604MHz? then 614MHz is that right that i'm getting 604MHz? instead of 600MHz?

Sorry for the confusion... A stock Blade is not running at 600MHz, it's running at 595.2MHz but the linuxkernel is programmed to display it as 600MHz. In my latest kernel I overclocked the default speed with 9.6MHz to 604.8MHz (actually my older kernel did this too but didn't show it) and I changed to code to show the real speed instead of pretending that it is 600MHz.

Why do this? Well, no one wants their 600MHz CPU to run at 595MHz, right? But more importantly it's right now the only way to overclock the GPU as it is also tied to the same PLL. It's just a 1.58% overclock but at least it's something.

Guest wookie16081965
good job!

Im Gen1 with RLS4, its the RLS4 rom that only shows 604Mhz insted of 600...nothing to do with your Gen2 update...

Brings me to the question again, what are the advantages of Gen2? Better hardware comptibility? more features unlocked?

Can you point me to the files and guide to do Gen2 update?

page 5 post 90 follow the guide and you will be ok as ive said before only had it on a few hours but data connection is fast signal is way better i could sit in my house and get the x saying no signal not had that once since my apps are running fine seems smoother ive using launcher pro plus gps locks quick wifi ive no problems with

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest kallt_kaffe
some blades where not stable at 652MHz when RLS3 was overclocked out the box

so K.K done some tweaks to clock speeds to help those unfortunate blades still overclock by adding some extra clock speeds

Correct me if I got that wrong K.K

Yes, I did that too, adding 614.4 and 633.6MHz.

Guest targetbsp
Brings me to the question again, what are the advantages of Gen2? Better hardware comptibility? more features unlocked?

You asked this on the previous page. And someone gave you the answer... you could maybe read that? lol

Guest dadashi

KK, is it worth going to Gen2 with my Gen1 SF...?

You asked this on the previous page. And someone gave you the answer... you could maybe read that? lol

the threas is being added to so fast I cant keep up, thanx

Edited by dadashi

Guest jmm82
This is the weirdest thing, I just downloaded the TELIA and SONERA -file from http://www.ztesweden.se/Exego.aspx?p_id=327 and then I ran the EXE-file that came in that package.

Now the titlebar on this program that runs, says "Sales_DL_P729B_Finland_ElisaV1.00.01" for me. I haven't connected my Saunalahti (same as Elisa) Blade to this computer.

Does anyone know, if it would indeed be possible to upgrade my Saunalahti 2.1 Blade with this updater program? Does anyone know if the upgrading program could upgrade my Blade and what are the risks? Maybe it won't even start upgrading?

Tested that updater and it is not for elisa or saunalahti its for sonera, i think.

Guest juahan
Tested that updater and it is not for elisa or saunalahti its for sonera, i think.

Yes it is, but it was just peculiar because it had Elisa in the title row of the program. Did you try if it was able to update the Saunalahti version of the phone?

Guest sm4tik
If you have adb working just do this (assuming you have the new libs in the same folder as the adb executable):

adb remount

adb push libcm.so /system/lib

adb push libril-qc-1.so /system/lib

then restart the phone.

If you do not have adb working then putting them into the saunalahti_fix should and install with clockwork should also work.

Copied via adb and while waiting for spring in Finland, I'm enjoying my Swedish Spring, thank you very much :D

Guest crblues

Hello !! First post!!

It's the first time I've posted here but I have a bit of experience with flashing and modding of phones and I work in repair of phones especially hardware.

I've tried the guide KK as written in page 5, post 90 in my "Sapo A5" an variation of the Blade sold in Portugal by the operator TMN. It really works!! I think I'm the first to try it in this platform but I said to myself "the Heck, I'll take one for the team!!" LOL :D

Anyway, it works! the Imei is the same, WI-FI, Gsm and everything else seems OK, I don't know if it matters but the phone was unlocked and it remained the same. Recovering with titanium at the moment.

I'm an Happy Camper!!!! B)

Guest jmm82
Yes it is, but it was just peculiar because it had Elisa in the title row of the program. Did you try if it was able to update the Saunalahti version of the phone?

It updated my saunablade to (i gues, sonera), and i had huge broblems to get it back to normal rooted ss blade. Everything worked exept internet connections, i could call but any internet connection failed. It had chinese start screen with chinese zte logo, there were basic apps like docs to go and world time (Like basic sonera or saunalahti android).

I had to flash several times new firmaware to work my blade. SS RLS4b wasn´t working for me so now i´m currently running gen2 + SS RLS4 with bigger partitioning.

Now i´m still hoping that KK would fix that saunalahti roaming broblem with clockwork zip fix.

Guest jmm82

there is NO any advantage over gen1 and gen2 blade. Radio chip wont get any perfomance upgrgade. There is no HSUPA or faster or better signal or anything, as far i have noticed. SO DONT ruch with these updates if you arent. CRAZY as I. I Tried all those new gen 2.2 update things, and allmoust get my blade BRICKED!

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is there any way of getting back to GEN1 again?

Not safely. The only one I know who tried ended up with a blank IMEI number.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Now i´m still hoping that KK would fix that saunalahti roaming broblem with clockwork zip fix.

I've attached a clockwork installable saunalahti_rils.zip to the first post of the Swedish Spring thread. It contains RILs for both Gen1 and Gen2 phones and uses the corrects onces automaticly.

Guest oh!dougal

Is that really so?

It wasn't reported on this thread, was it?

I thought that the only IMEI number damage was rickywyatt's ... did he manage to fix it? Did it actually give him operating problems?

Going to Gen2 would put one at the bleeding edge (less working choices of firmware, for now) and potentially improve cell-radio and cell-data performance.

One cell radio update would be of particular relevance to US owners, I believe.

Does anyone know if the cell radio signal strength gain is real, or a mere display hack - like the iPhone had?

I presume that the cell data performance gain depends on the network offering that facility, and offering it in your cell. If I have that right, are there any particular networks where this would be either completely irrelevant (because they don't use it) or potentially important (because they offer it everywhere)?

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is that really so?

It wasn't reported on this thread, was it?

dunno, but I got a PM about it, haven't followed the thread 24/7 so he might have mentioned in the thread too. Not sure what he did to make it happen.

I thought that the only IMEI number damage was rickywyatt's ... did he manage to fix it? Did it actually give him operating problems?

Dunno, ask him.

Going to Gen2 would put one at the bleeding edge (less working choices of firmware, for now) and potentially improve cell-radio and cell-data performance.

One cell radio update would be of particular relevance to US owners, I believe.

The kernel source is easy to adapt for Gen2 phones (it was Gen2 when we got it and we changed it to Gen1 so going back is easy) and we have a bunch of official Gen2 RILs (Swedish Comviq, Swedish Telia, Finnish Saunalahti, Bulgarian Z3, Chinese V880, Japanese 003z and perhaps some more). CM7 works (with my kernel + new ril libs) so custom ROMs really isn't a problem. Any custom 2.2 ROM should be easy to convert to 2.2. It might even be possible to make a 2.1 kernel that works on Gen2 and use 2.1 ril libs but I see no point in that.

So basicly, going back is pretty much pointless IMHO. On the other hand, there is no real rush to convert to Gen2 either unless you have bad reception and think it might help. Going to Gen2 on a phone that does not have an official upgrade available will most likely ruin and chances to send it in for warranty repair.

For me, I wanted Gen2 for development reasons, see if I could get CM7 running etc... Also my phone is an UK OSF and I live in Sweden so warranty isn't an option anyway.

Oh, and btw, Gen2 actually have 4Mb more ram avialable as I predicted long ago.

Does anyone know if the cell radio signal strength gain is real, or a mere display hack - like the iPhone had?

I presume that the cell data performance gain depends on the network offering that facility, and offering it in your cell. If I have that right, are there any particular networks where this would be either completely irrelevant (because they don't use it) or potentially important (because they offer it everywhere)?

Dunno really, never had any reception problems before and does not have it now.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest alex_oz

I thought that in page 4 of this thread (posts 74+) it was confirmed by murre79 and hecatae that downgrade works with no side effects, using mrradmir's modified flasher. I plan to flash my GEN1 TFT Blade to GEN2, but I'd like to have the possibility to return to GEN1 in case I need to use the warranty. So please someone confirm if we can go back and forth without problems.

Well that's a bummer, flashed Gen2 to see if my suspend issue would dissappear but it's still there, only the early CM7 kernels are keeping the process away.

I'll have to hope for someone to come up with a solution to flash gen2 > gen1 safely.

Guest Rotmann

That's typical for dadashi, he asks questions again and again untill he gets lucky to see an answer, though he does not look right after his questions to see the answers :D

I thought that in page 4 of this thread (posts 74+) it was confirmed by murre79 and hecatae that downgrade works with no side effects, using mrradmir's modified flasher. I plan to flash my GEN1 TFT Blade to GEN2, but I'd like to have the possibility to return to GEN1 in case I need to use the warranty. So please someone confirm if we can go back and forth without problems.

+1, mrradmir's modified flasher got confirmed twice that the Gen2 to Gen1 conversion works without hassles, for native Gen1 devices that is. The question is if a native Gen2 can be converted to Gen1 with mrradmir's modded flasher.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest hecatae
I doubt that HSUPA is enabled i dont get any more upload speed than 0.35mbps.

my upload speed is 2.1mbs

I'll up a screenshot later

Guest hecatae

yup confirmed, I can go gen1 to gen2 and gen2 to gen1 with no issues.

Guest Arr Too
yup confirmed, I can go gen1 to gen2 and gen2 to gen1 with no issues.

And does your upload rate change between Gen1 and Gen2 on SS4? Maybe we need to start looking for radio hardware differences (using the dialler code info screen?)?

Guest heinzchen
Ok, ONLY do this if you are aware of the risks involved. Worked on my phone (OLED Orange San Francisco)

* Put a Gen2 ROM on your SD-card (as of writing the only one available is Swedish Spring)

* Restore a stock ROM or at least a stock recovery image. I used the recovery.img from TFIN_P729BV1.0.0B04: http://www.mediafire.com/?d469m6qvn13ae6c

NOTE: If are allready on Gen2 you MUST use a Gen2 recovery image.

* Download this package and put the sysdy folder into c:\windows : http://www.mediafire.com/?kog53g7ikb6lii7

* Power off phone, remove battery.

* Run c:\windows\sysdy\download.exe as Administrator (it's the hacked download.exe posted erlier in this thread)

* When told to, hold down volume-down and connect USB cable.

* Wait for FTM to appear on screen and for the application to say it is ready.

* Press Start and it should start flashing...

* When it get's to 98% or something like that it will start Clockwork recovery on the phone but if you wait another minute or so it will reach 100% and say that it is finished.

* Here I told clockwork to reboot which means it will run reboot and run boot.img which happens to also be Clockwork so Clockwork will start again.

* Use Clockwork to install Swedish Spring RLS4b and reboot when finished.

Just one stupid question: When has the battery to be put back into the phone?

I'm very curious about the results concerning the quad band ability, when Sebastian will do the GEN2 mod.

Guest jmm82
my upload speed is 2.1mbs

I'll up a screenshot later

Can people report uplink speeds?

so!

o2 uk - 2.1 mbps

saunalahti finland - 0.35mbps