MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port r25

Guest Aviatorboy

Guest Aviatorboy

As some of you might already know, the development of MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port r25 for the Google Nexus One is taking a looong time, Paul remains busy! :D

The thread on XDA Developers is dead: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=995445

This raises the question, will we ever see Gingerbread with the HTC UI on the Nexus 1?

It really is a pity B)

(Paul if you read this, we are a couple waiting on this ROM for many months!) not just here at MoDaCo but at XDA too! If you were to find out time, you would get some donations to say the least!

Guest dirk gently

Yes its sad :D

Our beloved Nexus Ones seem to be outdated.

I would love to donate for a working GB Sense BUILD though.

The problem is i couldn't do anything! I am a simple user that cannot look into the code.

Guest Aviatorboy

For the past month I have been checking everyday here & at XDA and nothing, the one they've done at XDA contains many bugs and Im not going to take my chances.

We can certainly wait, Paul said +1 month ago he was working on it, but the release of new phones isn't helping our case :D

Edited by Aviatorboy

Guest dirk gently
For the past month I have been checking everyday here & at XDA and nothing, the one they've done at XDA contains many bugs and Im not going to take my chances.

We can certainly wait, Paul said +1 month ago he was working on it, but the release of new phones isn't helping our case :D

I think paul is the only one that can help us. Some developers rather cannot continue due to lack of knowledge, others lost or bricked their N1 - sadly.

Pauls desire port was amazing though and i think a Gingerbread version would be even more awesome.

Lastly it would be nice to here anything about a potential development. In case nobody wants to port this to N1 we could decide what to do: buy a desire s or vivo, go for the old desire port or going for stock gingerbread. All better then being frustrated while waiting on things that might never come.

Guest Aviatorboy
Yes indeed... the scene is such that when new devices land (such as the 2X) the best contribution I can make is to tear them down and make all the tools available for everyone else to do their thang... but after doing that for the 2X my next plan is to revisit my existing ROMs.

I have a r25 port for N1 directory sitting here on my dev machine, I am working on it but other stuff too (as well as actual work). :D

P

i want to believe someday he will release it, the question now remains when?

Guest dirk gently
i want to believe someday he will release it, the question now remains when?

Something is going on on xda... the dev wants to get help from other devs. Perhaps paul coul share some of his attempts???