3,5 Liquid vs 3,6 Liquid MT LCD

Guest Nesli

Guest Nesli

Hello,

maybe I have strange question for people who has Liquid before MT. I´m going to replace my Liquid A1, cantidates are Liquid MT ( nice device B) ,but smaller lcd, bad camera), Desire Z(keyboard, but stupid mechanism), maybe Desire HD (weak battery)...(heh, weakness everywhere :D )

..Can you feel, MT´s LCD is at least a bit bigger than on old Liquid? (it´s about 2,5mm diagonal, not too much, i saw youtube vids and it looks like a same ;) ) Wanna bigger screen...

Next think - MT has eliptical body , so digitizer ( glass ahead the lcd) is "curved" - Can you please post your experience with it? Doesn´t it disturbing, or doesn´t it affect quality of image (sharpness)?

Thanks very much for your reply:)

Regards

Guest CedricGatay

Hey,

I was a Liquid user, I didn't notice screen size difference, the curvyness of the glass is disturbing at first. But once you got the habit you did not notice it.

So far I am really happy with my device, cheap, fast, solid...

Guest Raskell
Thanks for reply.

So it doesn´t affect sharpness of image ? And what about scratching ? it is ok ?

The glass on the A1 was terriffic. The curve on the metal is nice overall in my experience. I am conscious that it is not a tough as the A1 screen, but I have always had good success with not scratching phones. Even though the screen diagonal is a bit larger on the metal, it seems to be the same size (for practical purposes). The A1 gave the illusion of a big screen because the entire face was the glass and it was all black with the phone off. With the Metal, you definitely see the screen outline with the curved face, so in your mind, you see it perhaps smaller.

Guest Nesli

Hmm, I like glass on A1 :D ok, thats fine, dont want to have scratches on my screen...

Yes, it is possible that size is affected by "optical" illusion. Thanks for your info B)

Guest dasbin

The curved digitizer is annoying. The biggest problem is that the touch area is so far away from the LCD that you're not always sure if you're going to touch the right spot. Other problems: it's very reflective and reflects so many angles at once, it's impossible not to get a distorted glare off the sun when outdoors, and it's made from a very soft plastic that scratches easily and also makes a louder-than-normal resonant sound when your fingertip hits the plastic. However it doesn't appear the affect optical transmission the other way (from the LCD), the screen is very sharp and undistorted at all angles.

Good news about is being plastic though is that it is possible to polish out many scratches with the right compounds, like old Brasso or Novus Plastic Polish. I've done this and it doesn't affect the digitizer which I guess is on the underside.

Edited by dasbin

Guest Nesli

So, thanks for your feedback,I bought Liquid metal ( this post has been written on it)

Device is really nice and lcd with digitizer is ok :D Already flashed Vache's rom, pretty nice speed and fully stable at 1,5ghz B) I'm happy ;)