5 Apr: MCR Performance Audit (archive)

Guest PaulOBrien

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest moonie17

On my first boot when i first unlock the lockscreen i get a force close message for SetCPU..... :D

Edit: Seems as though this is happening quite often, just froze it with Titanium....

Edited by moonie17

On my first boot when i first unlock the lockscreen i get a force close message for SetCPU..... :D

I flashed the pa2. I can't see word. Cause i using Chinese???

post-530394-1302007105_thumb.png

post-530394-1302007112_thumb.png

Guest ritdaw

Not strictly related to this thread but when I use the below kernel ontop of R6, I find the phone much more responsive and the browser hasn't hung at all.

MoDaCo Custom Kernel for the LG Optimus 2X - Stock Edition (2.6.32.9 based)

Guest sibbor
I found a big problem I think will really affect performance, testing fix now! :D

P

Waiting for p3 before flashing again then :-)

Please give us changelog when you release... drool time ;-)

Guest Sorensiim
I found a big problem I think will really affect performance, testing fix now! :D

P

Sounds like somebody just found the secret ENABLE_BOTH_CORES switch

...F5'ing like mad here.

No, but a really strange 'hack' by LG in a core piece of code which i've now reverted...

Testing and pa3 online shortly, I recommended NOT flashing over the top of pa1/pa2 to provide valid test results (i.e. reflash a regular kitchen / prebake build first or restore your backup).

P

pa3 online - if feedback is positive, I will merge this in for MCR Fr7. Please apply on top of a 'clean' MCR (i.e. with no other patches or tweaks applied) to provide valid feedback. Please note the first boot after applying will take longer than usual - be patient! :D

P

Guest Korumera
pa3 online - if feedback is positive, I will merge this in for MCR Fr7. Please apply on top of a 'clean' MCR (i.e. with no other patches or tweaks applied) to provide valid feedback. Please note the first boot after applying will take longer than usual - be patient! :D

P

Ok applying pa3 now B) i didnt test the first 2, so any feedback would be legit ;)

Basically, LG have hacked up the code to force dex creation into engineering mode. Rather than doing the dex optimisations at startup (or install or whatever), it's doing them on the fly, all the time, creating runtime slowdowns.

They've literally taken out the code to detect the engineering mode variable and replaced it with a 'true' variable. A pain to find, very strange, but fixed in pa3!

P

Guest Korumera
Basically, LG have hacked up the code to force dex creation into engineering mode. Rather than doing the dex optimisations at startup (or install or whatever), it's doing them on the fly, all the time, creating runtime slowdowns.

They've literally taken out the code to detect the engineering mode variable and replaced it with a 'true' variable. A pain to find, very strange, but fixed in pa3!

P

Ok for now the music stuttering is gone! :D Even when i open up whatsapp or something like that it doenst stutter anymore so that's good! B) The general feel is smoooth! ;) so this was probably one of the best things you could fix :D. Kinda strange LG did this kind of approach.

Kinda strange LG did this kind of approach.

It's not strange, it's straight up stupid - they hardcoded a value in when the ability to set the value with a simple line in the build.prop was already there... then left it in for shipping. Doh!

P

Guest Korumera
It's not strange, it's straight up stupid - they hardcoded a value in when the ability to set the value with a simple line in the build.prop was already there... then left it in for shipping. Doh!

P

haha ok that's not strange but stupid indeed. Well glad you found it tho! Phone feels really smoooth indeed now! :D I'm very happy with it!