5 Apr: MCR Performance Audit (archive)

Guest PaulOBrien

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Korumera
I think I have to wipe everything, Titanium gives me fc's, too. Reinstalling doesn't work on my phone

Now I've uninstalled every app, what gives FC's :D But I can't restore my backup B)

I had a FC from Poweramp too, but after a reinstall from the market worked for me tho. Is your problem solved allready?

aha, you posted right after me ;) it's solved hehe.

Edited by Korumera

Guest Formel-LMS
Did you see my fix earlier in the thread?

adb shell busybox chmod 0771 /data/data

P

Ups, sorry, no.

I think, I was a bit confused.

This worked with reinstalling the apps that are ForceClosing, not without it. But it works and thats all we want^^

Thanks for your personal help!

Why does this car thing keep starting up itself all the time did it on the stock rom also.

Just remove it.

This app is coded in this way so either bake a rom without it, remove it or use an automated task killer to shut it down.

cheers

Guest jabbs

Don't know whats going on with this rom but my phone is ok then it keeps freezing then going, the stock launcher you have added with your r6 rom doesn't look smooth moving about the screens.

Other issues I am getting i press to turn my phone on and nothing happens back too another rom for me.

Don't know whats going on with this rom but my phone is ok then it keeps freezing then going, the stock launcher you have added with your r6 rom doesn't look smooth moving about the screens.

Other issues I am getting i press to turn my phone on and nothing happens back too another rom for me.

With the pa3 pack? Fr6 regular or vanilla?

Bye then! Have fun and good luck!

P

Guest djmcnz

lol, let us know which one you choose.

But seriously, did you read the last page of this thread?

Guest djmcnz
It's not strange, it's straight up stupid - they hardcoded a value in when the ability to set the value with a simple line in the build.prop was already there... then left it in for shipping. Doh!

P

They left a lot in actually, perhaps the most obvious being the apps in system.

Having a look at the code of many of the LG apps there's a lot of eng and qa code left in most of them, and none of it appears stubbed out.

Well, at least that means we've not yet touched the performance potential. The G2x s/w will be interesting in comparison.

Guest Korumera
They left a lot in actually, perhaps the most obvious being the apps in system.

Having a look at the code of many of the LG apps there's a lot of eng and qa code left in most of them, and none of it appears stubbed out.

Well, at least that means we've not yet touched the performance potential. The G2x s/w will be interesting in comparison.

Indeed, perhaps it's even possible to get the orginal stock img from the G2x and put it on this one :D. altho the changes paul made work wonders so it's not really necessary but would love to see what it does for this phone.

Guest sibbor

Paul, you certainly patched our 2X up good. Waaay better than LG could. That's just wicked.

Today I also noticed the same thing as the guy who started this thread - namely "clunky scrolling":

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...chscreen-pause/

Scrolling in lists is smooth, but making small movements and the 2X ain't responding to it before you've dragged a couple of points/mm, and then the phone jumps right to it making the initial movement clunky. Best way to notice this is by draging/swiping SLOWLY.

I saw you've already seen the topic and also answered:

Hmmm, i'll look into it too! :D

P

But I want to highlight this as it'll soon be the only thing left to nag about on our SMOOTH 2X that you've provided us. Pinch-zoom seems smooth as a good whiskey.

Keep 'em (as in patches, improvements, kernels or ROM wise) coming!

... and ignore the dorks who dislike your work, albeit not being able to fully read the instructions or listen to your recommendations.

sibbor B)